• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Ravens4Real

Dixon Suspended First 4 Games for PEDs

37 posts in this topic

Just now, Ravens4Real said:

Wow. What a blow to the run game and already shakey O line.

Well at least it saves a roster spot for Allen for a few games... West has a four game window to prove he can be a work horse. Woodhead will be the 3rd down back. Seems like the players we need to step up always get suspended.

So it's sourced - 

It's for PEDs - Dixon's statement makes it sound like Adderall but who knows. Stupid, stupid

Who cares what it is that he took. The results are the same. C'mon man! You miss a significant part of your rookie season with injury and now this? Let's take one of the few bright spots on the team at the end of last year and turn them into something negative. Just crap. 

Now the Woodhead signing makes a lot of sense . 

They must have known the Dixon suspension was coming . 

Edited by jimmypowder

Just now, Cville-Raven said:

Frustrating but pls don't be another Nick Boyle.

Or Asa Jackson

Just now, jimmypowder said:

Now the Woodhead signing makes a lot of sense . 

They must have known the Dixon suspension was coming . 

Yeah - I definitely think these events are linked. 

Just now, Davesta said:

Dalvin cook in the first now? 

No. The Ravens aren't going to touch him with a ten foot pole.

1 minute ago, Davesta said:

Dalvin cook in the first now? 

Doubt this news will change draft strategy - especially not 1st round draft strategy. 

So I get my little Ravens news alert on my phone ... all excited like ... we're we able to sign Williams? Finalized the deal for Jefferson? Found some help for a mediocre o line that's been further depleted? 

Nope - this is what we get instead. 

Ravens: Get a good player.  Player gets suspended or injured.

Rinse.  Repeat.

1 hour ago, balfan23 said:

So I get my little Ravens news alert on my phone ... all excited like ... we're we able to sign Williams? Finalized the deal for Jefferson? Found some help for a mediocre o line that's been further depleted? 

Nope - this is what we get instead. 

lmao....

23 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

A familiar friend apparently arises

I don't get his excuse. Sounds like a lie because I'm pretty sure you need to test hot twice to get suspended four games. 

That's just what the team needs.

It's also not a great start to Dixon's career with two starts of the season missed.

3 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Statement from Dixon:

C6gZGrSXQAI6EWL.jpg:large

I'll bet the only part of that statement Dixon came up with on his own was his name.

Edited by robbie29

7 minutes ago, robbie29 said:

I'll bet the only part of that statement Dixon came up with on his own was his name.

nope not even that part is his - that came from his mother

Edited by rossihunter2

6 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

No. The Ravens aren't going to touch him with a ten foot pole.

Why?

15 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Why?

History of domestic violence and animal abuse.

9 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

History of domestic violence and animal abuse.

I actually read the reports of what happened in each scenario and granted he is still probably a risk but it sounds way out of proportion from what it really was.