BOLDnPurPnBlacK

A New Home?

57 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, flynismo said:

The most immediate issue I see is being hosted on boardhost. It's going to limit the software and features and the like in many ways. I'll PM him and talk to him about some concerns and we'll make sure we get this kicked off good and proper, the Ravens and their fans deserve nothing but the best!

would not mind paying a small  yearly contribution to have a good working site.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tru11 said:

would not mind paying a small  yearly contribution to have a good working site.

Me either. People like you and I are probably affected the most. I have literally no one I know that follows the nfl where I live 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Fly!

 

I, also, would have no issue making a small yearly or monthly contribution. I learn so much by just coming here and quietly reading posts by people much more knowledgeable than myself. I can't imagine not having this resource. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I registered. Haven't posted yet. Might join scout also. Moved out to KC 2 years ago so you slackers are the only people I can talk about our team with. Lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Purple Nurple said:

Thank you, Fly!

 

I, also, would have no issue making a small yearly or monthly contribution. I learn so much by just coming here and quietly reading posts by people much more knowledgeable than myself. I can't imagine not having this resource. 

Quoted for truth. I honestly thing with out this board as resource of knowledge and discussion I'd have given up on the nfl.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

registered!

Glad to see many long time posters making this move as well.

 

Domain names huh? Will have to think on that one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL.  I have been a Redskins fan since '71 and over the past 4-5 years have been warming to the Ravens.  These last few weeks have been the final straw with Daniel Snyder and I have decided to move my support to the Ravens.  Not exactly an easy decision.

 

So I found this board and registered, only to learn that it is shutting down.  I'm not having a good week.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

LOL.  I have been a Redskins fan since '71 and over the past 4-5 years have been warming to the Ravens.  These last few weeks have been the final straw with Daniel Snyder and I have decided to move my support to the Ravens.  Not exactly an easy decision.

 

So I found this board and registered, only to learn that it is shutting down.  I'm not having a good week.

oh im sorry man, that hurts - i think its safe to say no team deserves bruce allen but in terms of boards there's some hope - this one has been extended til after the draft and there's some options being created and thought about for the move - there's time for it all to work out - welcome aboard

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

LOL.  I have been a Redskins fan since '71 and over the past 4-5 years have been warming to the Ravens.  These last few weeks have been the final straw with Daniel Snyder and I have decided to move my support to the Ravens.  Not exactly an easy decision.

 

So I found this board and registered, only to learn that it is shutting down.  I'm not having a good week.

lol.....Welcome Dave. I grew up a Colts, Os fan in Skins country, so I know first hand you have made the right move!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the welcome.   This move goes against everything I stand for as a hardcore sports fan.  You pick a team when you are 8, you have one and only one team in each sport, and that's your team for life win or lose.  And with the Wiz, Maryland Football, Redskins etc I took plenty of shots as I stuck by my rules.  But this is different,  just can't root for anything but failure for those 2 in Ashburn.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I live in Carroll County a few times a year the Skins were not on Comcast so I had to break out the backup TV with rabbit ears.   It will be nice not to have to do that but I had to do it, I have missed 2  1/2 Redskins games in 45 years and only because of circumstances I could not control.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tank 92 said:

lol.....Welcome Dave. I grew up a Colts, Os fan in Skins country, so I know first hand you have made the right move!

Will your new home be offering refreshments?  It's Girl Scout cookie season you know.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

Start all of your sighs and groans now, I have registered for Bold's new site.

LOL, but welcome aboard. The more, the merrier. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

Thanks for the welcome.   This move goes against everything I stand for as a hardcore sports fan.  You pick a team when you are 8, you have one and only one team in each sport, and that's your team for life win or lose.  And with the Wiz, Maryland Football, Redskins etc I took plenty of shots as I stuck by my rules.  But this is different,  just can't root for anything but failure for those 2 in Ashburn.  

Ahhhh Mt Airy is Ravens country anyways. Welcome aboard. Gotta hate the Skins man. They didn't want us to have a football team.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the "hide" feature be available in this new site ?

:p 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I registered for the site the other day, it be nice to see everyone here go over there. I will say though, the fact that we haven't even met each other in real life, don't know anything about one another except we are Ravens fan. Yet the solidarity we have where we have Bold that is willing to make a new site and everyone willing to join and go over there, says a lot. If this was any other forum, any other team's forums, I think most would take the news of it closing as just "whatever". 

Shows that much like a family, we may agree or disagree with certain posts, have our moments but yet we all respect each other. This is the only forum besides Operation Sports I'm on and seeing other team's forums, I don't think any one of those members would do something like this and make another forum and everyone follows. Just too bad those in the higher ups don't realize how great of a community we have here.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot post in the new place. :( Still pending approval.

 

I feel so ostracized !!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 5:32 PM, Willbacker said:

Ahhhh Mt Airy is Ravens country anyways. Welcome aboard. Gotta hate the Skins man. They didn't want us to have a football team.

 

Probably picking the wrong battle here but how was that any difference than the O's blocking baseball in DC?  Washington adopted the Orioles, Baltimore rejected the Redskins.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

 

Probably picking the wrong battle here but how was that any difference than the O's blocking baseball in DC?  Washington adopted the Orioles, Baltimore rejected the Redskins.

That's it Dave.......you're out!     lol

While there's big differences in the fan bases and the ways each team was supported/rejected, I don't think anyone would say there was much difference in the butt head owners.  PA is every bit as bad as DS.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New board is just getting started, not much action.   My posts here are still under mod approval in case I say stupid stuff.  Redskins are still owned by Daniel Synder.   I feel so....so....alone. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

New board is just getting started, not much action.   My posts here are still under mod approval in case I say stupid stuff.  Redskins are still owned by Daniel Synder.   I feel so....so....alone. 

You are going to be on preview for the first 15 posts as IM sure you read when you signed up.    An ancient  established community is Here on Scout  an infusion of new blood is needed.  Once you are approved there you can post to your hearts content

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moderator 2 said:

3 minutes ago, DaveinMtAiry said:

You are going to be on preview for the first 15 posts as IM sure you read when you signed up.    An ancient  established community is Here on Scout  an infusion of new blood is needed.  Once you are approved there you can post to your hearts content

 

Oh I did not  mean to appear as if I was complaining.   I've been a mod and totally get that you need to make sure a new poster isn't here to sell Ravens gear made in Thai sweatshops.  Just looking for a home.  Interesting you would link another site, is there a relationship between the two?

Edited by DaveinMtAiry
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now