BOLDnPurPnBlacK

A New Home?

60 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

As most of you know, with our current home closing at the end of the month we've begun the process of creating and searching for a new spot. Thank you to those of you that have joined the new forum already. Great to see so many of you that love this community as much as I do.

For those of you who haven't joined and want to, check out: http://baltimoreravens.boardhost.com/index.php

But, with us being forced out of our comfort zone a lot of exciting ideas are flying fast and furious.... and a simple forum may not be able to house what we need, or provide all the features we've become used to.

With that in mind, still don't hesitate to join what we have set up and start using it. 

But, with some of the great community members help, we're looking into upgrading to something better that will allow us to do some really neat things in addition to just chatting. It'll also give us the ability to scale as we grow bigger.

We're grabbing some potential domain names now, but if anyone has some slick suggestions for what our new home could be called, feel free to post em and we'll start looking into availability of domains.

So keep an eye out. We'll try to have everything settled and finalized before this closes down... but just in case make sure to get registered over at the current forum listed above. That way, at the very least we can all stay in touch while our ultimate, new swanky bachelor pad is being built.

Awesome to see so many of us really invested in building something great. And build it we will.

Thanks,

Bold

(remember to register at the existing new forum.... and let those Forum/Domain name suggestions fly; want to get something locked up)

I'm already there and encourage others to join.  I honestly have no clue what I would do without this forum, its like the government actually expects me to work.....while at work. 

Like I told you before, let me know if you need anything. 

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

I'm already there and encourage others to join.  I honestly have no clue what I would do without this forum, its like the government actually expects me to work.....while at work. 

Working at work? Preposterous.

6 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Working at work? Preposterous.

I know, the audacity of them....

Just wanted to take a moment and thank Bold for his efforts with this. Although I don't always post, I read the forums religiously and will look forward to seeing you all there.

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Eight hours? ....you mean all in a row?

1 minute ago, Edgar said:

Eight hours? ....you mean all in a row?

Not if I can help it....

I'll make sure to relay the message to Sami, Virginia, Hardaugh and all your favorites.  Thanks for the new space fellas...

Just now, redrum52 said:

I'll make sure to relay the message to Sami, Virginia, Hardaugh and all your favorites.  Thanks for the new space fellas...

Don't forget wiz and rayrayrayven

Edited by rossihunter2

Just now, rossihunter2 said:

Don't forget wiz

ugh.... he's one I even actually find annoying.  The rest at least can make arguments for their opinion.  

2 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

Might want to check out all the gyms in the area and look for some guy trying to shed 4lbs of fat and turn it into 38% lean muscle twitch

3 hours ago, usmccharles said:

SAME lol

Just copied my initial mock over there...to have on record.

It's time for folks to start posting mocks on the new site.  Really grateful we get to enjoy the build and aftermath of draft thanks to the great Bold.

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

Might want to check out all the gyms in the area and look for some guy trying to shed 4lbs of fat and turn it into 38% lean muscle twitch

Winchester! He actually made a little bit of sense from time to time. His run on paragraphs and mentions of his NFL inner circle knowledge was horrible though 

4 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Winchester! He actually made a little bit of sense from time to time. His run on paragraphs and mentions of his NFL inner circle knowledge was horrible though 

haha yea, he was knowledgeable for sure, it was interesting and entertaining.  But he did add value to conversations

Attention everyone: while we are allowing links to other forums as you search to continue our community, please understand that we are NOT endorsing other sites, especially new ones running on "free" platforms.  Please be aware that new forums may not have the security in place that you have been able to enjoy here.  They also tend to suffer from growing pains.  

Personally, I would try the older, more established, forums, of which there are several.  Otherwise, do whatever you can to protect yourself, perhaps register with a disposable email address and a unique password.

If you have experience with other established forums, please post a link (and perhaps a description) in this thread.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

Attention everyone: while we are allowing links to other forums as you search to continue our community, please understand that we are NOT endorsing other sites, especially new ones running on "free" platforms.  Please be aware that new forums may not have the security in place that you have been able to enjoy here.  They also tend to suffer from growing pains.  

Personally, I would try the older, more established, forums, of which there are several.  Otherwise, do whatever you can to protect yourself, perhaps register with a disposable email address and a unique password.

If you have experience with other established forums, please post a link (and perhaps a description) in this thread.

Thank you.

If the powers that be didn't make this less that desirable decision in my opinion, then us fans wouldn't have these kinds of worries, would they?

Thank you for your time and effort to set up a new message board for the fans here. I am interested in joining since I am getting private messages that this board closing is official and not an April Fool's Day joke. The timing is a little bit conspicuous though. I think they could have chosen a better date, don't you?

Possible Domain Names, I will suggest a few and feel free to pan or like them:

flockofravens: A little play that we are replacing this message board's "flock" and well, I think you get the Ravens reference.

cawtoaction: The sound a raven makes...

p&battack: Purple & Black Attack.

memoryofartm: Memory of Art Modell, without him there would be no football in Baltimore again.

That's all I got off the top of my head right now. If I think of more later I will drop them.

2 hours ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

If the powers that be didn't make this less that desirable decision in my opinion, then us fans wouldn't have these kinds of worries, would they?

Oooooooh burn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( insert That 70's Show meme here ) 

If they actually go through with closing the boards down, want you all to know that it was a great pleasure to have met so many cool and knowledgeable people. I always loved this place, and the people in it. Thank you for having me.

BOLDnPurPnBlacK has suggested he may create a message board for us to migrate to. I will gladly do so if he decides not to or if issues arise where he is unable to.

Any suggestions for the new forum name?

On 3/10/2017 at 3:01 AM, flynismo said:

If they actually go through with closing the boards down, want you all to know that it was a great pleasure to have met so many cool and knowledgeable people. I always loved this place, and the people in it. Thank you for having me.

BOLDnPurPnBlacK has suggested he may create a message board for us to migrate to. I will gladly do so if he decides not to or if issues arise where he is unable to.

Any suggestions for the new forum name?

If definitely needs your touch fly

On 3/10/2017 at 3:04 AM, arnie_uk said:

If definitely needs your touch fly

I've been away from the forums for a couple months so I am "out of the loop"; whoever owns the message board can contact me at andrew at diamondphp.com

Please point them to this post, and let them know if they need help with backend development, server administration or whatever, just get hold of me.

Just want to add, my concern is that this isn't something we can run on some $9/month shared server. This will require proper planning and hardware; I don't want us to go through the time and expense of building up a new home, only to have to do it again in six months because the new home can't handle the traffic due to hardware or software limitations (not saying that applies to the site you linked to, but thinking aloud here)

2 minutes ago, flynismo said:

Thanks!

If you go to the suggestion page you can already see the kind of issues he's facing. Probably all simple fixes if you know what your doing.

3 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

If you go to the suggestion page you can already see the kind of issues he's facing. Probably all simple fixes if you know what your doing.

The most immediate issue I see is being hosted on boardhost. It's going to limit the software and features and the like in many ways. I'll PM him and talk to him about some concerns and we'll make sure we get this kicked off good and proper, the Ravens and their fans deserve nothing but the best!