• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

Ravens sign S Tony Jefferson

202 posts in this topic

Just now, allblackraven said:

What do we do with this thread if "last-minute negotiating snags" happen?

Ban @rmw10 from these forums.  Oh, wait..

8 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

If we add a top CB in the first or second, look out. I literally would lose it if we landed Sidney Jones. 

Smith, Young, Jones, Weddle, Jefferson plus added pieces in later rounds or other cuts. 

Also addressing the edge in the draft... good-looking defense

36 minutes ago, CalvinSmoke said:

Since I grew up with him its weird and awesome at the same time lol

That's pretty cool

I really wanna know the details of the contract... especially as it's assumed the browns would pay him more than Eric berry which would mean more than $13m per year - I wonder how big or discount was...

I wonder if signing Torrey on the cheap and cutting Wallace is actually the better deal here. I'm guessing that saves a few mil

34 minutes ago, ravefan52 said:

Amazing news. I live in Arizona and everyone here loves him. Really good player and plays with a great passion for the game

Watch this: 

Man I didn't know a lot about Jefferson before, but that looks like exactly the type of guy anyone would want playing on their defense.

I'm just stoked right now especially after a total bummer of a day! I still can't get over the forum closing folks. I now know how a death row inmate feels when he knows he's being executed on the 31st of March! lol

Man I need to know details of this signing. I hope we didn't overpay because front office feeling the pressure of losing the big 3

1 minute ago, Davesta said:

Man I need to know details of this signing. I hope we didn't overpay because front office feeling the pressure of losing the big 3

We overpay only our own players.

Jefferson apparently left Browns $$ on the table to become a Raven.

3 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

We overpay only our own players.

Jefferson apparently left Browns $$ on the table to become a Raven.

Smart man. He would rather lose a few millions a year than be called a Browns player!

BR just reports that the ravens are expected to release Webb to create 5 Mil cap space.

Makes sense after this sighing.

Edited by IceDevilHH81

Extremely relieved to see a happy ending dawn on what was otherwise a soul-crushing morning and afternoon. I've been high on Jefferson since his college days, and as cliche as the statement has been at times, he epitomizes what it means to play like a Raven. Jefferson and Weddle combine for a combination that is easily among the very best in the league.

Us being cheaper than the Browns isn't saying much really... I'm curious as to how much cheaper 

9 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

I just heard we're signing Danny Woodhead from the Chargers! Weddle meddle you think??

lol possibly. if he's healthy it's a really solid signing 

I will make a judgement on this signing when I see how much we are giving him. He has good stats. Just worried that he plays in the worse offensive division in the whole league. No one has a formidable passing attack there.

1 hour ago, ellicottraven said:

I'm just stoked right now especially after a total bummer of a day! I still can't get over the forum closing folks. I now know how a death row inmate feels when he knows he's being executed on the 31st of March! lol

lord, don't remind me that date....I just pretend it's April fools or I'll just have amnesia.....whatever it is, how am I going to survive without discussing and arguing all the new inquiries after March 31st?

2 hours ago, Cillmatic said:

Cleveland Browns GM: "This is fake news!"

It's merely alternative facts 

Why does it seem the Ravens can always get outside FAs to come here for less money, while guys the Ravens develop in house seem to bolt for the money as soon as they get? Guess that's just the nature of the NFL today. 

3 hours ago, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

I can sleep well at night knowing we have the best safety tandem in the league.

I'd have to give that award to Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas. 

So it's basically resigning Matt Elam, if he turned out good. When Johnathan Cyprien was on board, I thought he was going to be our pick because he was the FS we wanted to replace Ed Reed. However, Cyprien wasn't an All-Pro, but he was much more productive, which we could've used in the past 4 years. Now we have our two outfielders with Eric Weddle and Tony Jefferson.

Ozzie needs to go with what he is at best in the first round

1st Round - Trench Players

I would prefer Zeitler. This guy was surrounded by a lot of talent in Arizona that limited the space he covered. I would prefer us trying to get some return on our near $30million QB. And put a dominant line in front of him now.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

4 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I would prefer Zeitler. This guy was surrounded by a lot of talent in Arizona that limited the space he covered. I would prefer us trying to get some return on our near $30million QB. And put a dominant line in front of him now.

I guess Ozzie has a plan because we have so many holes to fill, yet he went to double down on a pretty good safety tandem.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I guess Ozzie has a plan because we have so many holes to fill, yet he went to double down on a pretty good safety tandem.

Im not sold on this guy. 4.75 40. Surrounded by players with elite range in arizona. Weddle will be 33 come playoff time. Who is our rangy center fielder safety going to be? On a side not we talk about 33 in sports as if it is old lol. Well I guess in sports it is. Is this guy going to be trusted covering Gronk, Howard and Kelsey? I would prefer Zeitler or Terrell Pryor.

5 hours ago, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

I can sleep well at night knowing we have the best safety tandem in the league.

Not even close. Seattle by a landslide.

6 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Im not sold on this guy. 4.75 40. Surrounded by players with elite range in arizona. Weddle will be 33 come playoff time. Who is our rangy center fielder safety going to be? On a side not we talk about 33 in sports as if it is old lol. Well I guess in sports it is. Is this guy going to be trusted covering Gronk, Howard and Kelsey? I would prefer Zeitler or Terrell Pryor.

We don't play either NE or Chiefs, Howard might become a Raven for all we know.

If you picked up Zeitler or Pryor (which we can still do), who'd cover mentioned tight ends then? Webb?