• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

Ravens sign S Tony Jefferson

202 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

Turned down more money from the Browns lol

trolololololol

Edited by PurpleCity5

This is a hell of a move. We get younger, and better. 

We still have a lot of holes to fill, but if we can retain Webb at the same time(somehow) the secondary issue is to put to bed for now. 

Thank you Ozzie. 

Amazing news. I live in Arizona and everyone here loves him. Really good player and plays with a great passion for the game

Watch this: 

Great signing, was a little against it but I hopped on the bandwagon, I think we're going to be a tough team against big plays. If Jimmy can stay healthy this can be a complete game changer, I can honestly say that our secondary can be up there with Denver and Seattle. 

The pass rush is the missing element, get that along with a CB and this defense will be ferocious. 

Let's hope we get someone on the offensive end. Hope for someone really good at WR. 

3 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

This is a hell of a move. We get younger, and better. 

We still have a lot of holes to fill, but if we can retain Webb at the same time(somehow) the secondary issue is to put to bed for now. 

Thank you Ozzie. 

I still at least want them to get a corner in the first round. One of those top draft corners. 

I guess that means Zeitler's out of the question, but no complaints about Jefferson. Him and Weddle will be one hell of a pairing. If a top CB falls to us in the draft that'll be quite the secondary indeed.

I want to repeat my previous observation

Matt Elam SS, Draft: 2013, Round 1, Pick 32

Total tackles:    131 ( ?!?)
Sacks:    0.5
Interceptions:    1
Pass deflections:    7

Tony Jefferson SS, Draft 2013, undrafted

Total tackles:    276
Sacks:    5.0
Forced fumbles:    6
Pass deflections:    11
Interceptions:    2
Defensive touchdowns:    1

Edited by allblackraven

Just now, Inqui said:

I guess that means Zeitler's out of the question, but no complaints about Jefferson. Him and Weddle will be one hell of a pairing. If a top CB falls to us in the draft that'll be quite the secondary indeed.

Yeah, good signing, I don't think we were in on Zeitler to begin with. I think we got one more quality sign and a vet cut. 

1 minute ago, Inqui said:

One of the best pieces of news I heard all day.  I love this move.   I suppose this also means the end of Webb.  We can't pay all these safeties top dollar and the sad thing is, I believe, Jefferson was an UDFA in that horrible 2013 draft.  Wow, what a change of events.  Now we spent big money into the safety position two years in a row with a long-term and short-term option.  This should go a long way and now all we need is a CB, which there are a lot of nice options available in the Draft.  

2 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Total tackles:    131

I think I remember he fell because of work ethic concerns. He said going undrafted was a wake-up call and he's been a beast every since

Just now, ravefan52 said:

I think I remember he fell because of work ethic concerns. He said going undrafted was a wake-up call and he's been a beast every since

Thought I remembered the same.  He's turned into one hell of a player and it seems like he's turned into a really good guy as well.  Sometimes, players just need to mature.  Remember him always being considered a decently high pick.

7 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Total tackles:    131

im surprised Elam has that many tackles

I can see Webb restructuring .. seems to love it here.  Plays like a Raven when healthy.  Ozzie and Eric will find a fair compromise.  Maybe Webb can play hybrid safety/nickel.  Can never have enough DB's.

Since I was the one who predicted this month's ago..

Ozzie go get a guard. And do not sign Torrey. 

If we add a top CB in the first or second, look out. I literally would lose it if we landed Sidney Jones. 

Smith, Young, Jones, Weddle, Jefferson plus added pieces in later rounds or other cuts. 

4 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

If we add a top CB in the first or second, look out. I literally would lose it if we landed Sidney Jones. 

Smith, Young, Jones, Weddle, Jefferson plus added pieces in later rounds or other cuts. 

If anything I'd be more inclined even than I already was to think that pass rush is even more likely at 16 than it was before today