• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
EdTheMythicalOne

Are the Ravens Rebuilding?

81 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

^ don't do it people.... Don't do it

Wut r u telking aboot? Flucce iz the wurst kubee en ENEFEL hestary? Trade hym

Just now, rossihunter2 said:

was about to do it - literally quoted his post then saw yours... so for that i thank you

That's what I'm here for

5 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

fire ozzie, fire herbs, fire peas, frie marty, fire fluko, fire dacoasta and fire steve biscuit - only then cna tha taem be gud lek the paytreeyachts

5 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

fire ozzie, fire herbs, fire peas, frie marty, fire fluko, fire dacoasta and fire steve biscuit - only then cna tha taem be gud lek the paytreeyachts

You had me at "fire herbs"

18 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Tony Jefferson is a very good addition. Keeping Brandon Williams, even at the overpay isn't a horrible move.

u sur about that? both ways?

I hav to say this. Jefferson can tackle. he sur can and if he was signed to do something elam culdnt do like tackle at least he'd be half a footbal player.  but as far as make anyon e forget reed and pollard not even close.  as my fav poster purple rider says this is a passin league.  if ur player aint good at helpin the pass or stopping the pass you got the right player 

21 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I literally can't stop laughing at this

Edited by Jonah DeVito

16 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

as my fav poster purple rider says this is a passin league. 

You two truly do go well together. 

Edited by Jonah DeVito

2 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

2 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

u sur about that? both ways?

I hav to say this. Jefferson can tackle. he sur can and if he was signed to do something elam culdnt do like tackle at least he'd be half a footbal player.  but as far as make anyon e forget reed and pollard not even close.  as my fav poster purple rider says this is a passin league.  if ur player aint good at helpin the pass or stopping the pass you got the right player 

Putting these two posts together is enlightening...

2 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

uhmzing

22 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

Putting these two posts together is enlightening...

Erhmagad. R u rlly stoopid inougah to kwestian mah geniuz??

20 hours ago, The Raven said:

I thought we were in a rebuilding phase but I'm not sure the FO sees it that way. As I said in the free agency thread, I don't think you make the deals we've made unless you think you can win now and Jefferson is the piece to get us over the hump.

Our FO proved that we are in win now mode last off season and this off season theyr leaving no doubt

36 minutes ago, Halshayeji said:

Our FO proved that we are in win now mode last off season and this off season theyr leaving no doubt

my mama learned me to not ask questions it aint curteos. but hav to ask this one. serreously now, do you really believe Jefferson the little guy rb and signin Williams again makes us win now team?  are these the type of moves taht shout out at ya we are in it to win it?  cuz I doan see it at all. it looks like the same type of moves we been makin for five yrs now. do you really believe these guys turn us the corner?  and how far do t hey turn it? winnin record? da palyoffs? . cuz it looks more  like here and the ringlin bros barmen and bailee closing down and painted faces with no place to go

cuz we are rebuldin but we aint doin what has to be done

Edited by RayRayRaven

Looking back it's pretty obvious rebuilding occurred the two years after our super bowl win.

Obviously we whiffed on some draft spots that we were to solidify i.e. Elam and Brown. I reaaaally like the Jefferson signing. This was a necessary move.

Ideally we land CB, Pass Rusher, or WR (in that order) as BPA. Personally hoping for Corey Davis since I think he could break Ozzies  WR track record. Legit #1 option.

2 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

my mama learned me to not ask questions it aint curteos. but hav to ask this one. serreously now, do you really believe Jefferson the little guy rb and signin Williams again makes us win now team?  are these the type of moves taht shout out at ya we are in it to win it?  cuz I doan see it at all. it looks like the same type of moves we been makin for five yrs now. do you really believe these guys turn us the corner?  and how far do t hey turn it? winnin record? da palyoffs? . cuz it looks more  like here and the ringlin bros barmen and bailee closing down and painted faces with no place to go

cuz we are rebuldin but we aint doin what has to be done

Looool I had to read that 3 times and I'm still not sure I understand it all.

Il attempt to reply so here goes...

We're in win now mode because Jefferson is the only FA we got the past few years that's actually younger than 29. We're in win now mode because wev dipped into upcoming years cap to spend now. We're in win now mode because we're changing staff members but not the philosophy. It it was rebuild mode we would change our style of blocking or passing or defense. Instead we are trying to tweak vs blowing it all up.

wheather or not I believe this team has what it takes to go all the way is a different discussion. Whats becoming increasingly obvious is that our FO believes that this team can. This they are trying to win with this team. The day they believe this team can't go all the way then they will blow it up. Trade a few guys for picks and swallow a whole lot of dead cap for a year then have about 50mil to work with the next year.

4 minutes ago, Halshayeji said:

Looool I had to read that 3 times and I'm still not sure I understand it all.

The day they believe this team can't go all the way then they will blow it up. Trade a few guys for picks and swallow a whole lot of dead cap for a year then have about 50mil to work with the next year.

xactly

6 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

xactly

I honestly don't know why people are giving you flack for your previous post. I thought your concerns were valid and the way you said it was hillarious. Cheers bro. And have faith. This team is pritty damn good but they need to play better together. 

6 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

my mama learned me to not ask questions it aint curteos.

Bobby Boucher, is that you?

45 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Bobby Boucher, is that you?

lol If it is then he moved up from quality H2O to root beer.

This thread has certainly gotten more colorful lately :)

If this team was in blow it up mode I don't think they would have bothered picking up Wallace's option, signing Tony Jefferson, and bringing back Brandon Williams. They are getting rid of some older players like Webb and Dumervil and I think a few more are in the works. They say more FA moves are on the way. If they make a deal for Claiborne and Mangold that is further evidence that they are restocking the team and trying to make another run while we still have a window with Flacco at the helm.

I get the Flacco hate. He obviously isn't an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...but look around the league and tell me how many other guys are? But he has proven that when he's healthy, he has a decent ground game, and has some legitimate targets he can be something special. Let's not forget that it was this team's terrible 4th quarter collapses that cost us many games over the last couple seasons.

I think last year is an anomaly. He was in his first season back with a surgically repaired knee w/brace that he obviously didn't trust. He had a shoulder injury for a few games as well that he played through. His line was porous at times as well. I think he's better than that when healthy.

I feel like we are confused. We sign players to compete, but we have so many holes that needs time to rebuild. No true go to guy in the receiver core, offensive line has holes and depth concern, and the RB who is doing the best gets the ball. Conclusion on offense we have no stability. Defensively we got better in the secondary, but that's pretty much the only spot we have improved on this offseason. We lost Orr and dumervil and Suggs gets a year older. No matter what we do in the draft I still think this team goes 7-9 best case scenario but realistically 6-10 or 5-11