Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

485 posts in this topic

Just now, Virginia 55 said:

Your main focus needs to be on the team and not just one player.

Oh the irony.

Just now, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Oh the irony.

If you want to continue we can take it to the Flacco thread for old time sakes. 

1 minute ago, Virginia 55 said:

If you want to continue we can take it to the Flacco thread for old time sakes. 

i think you might have missed some sarcasm somewhere...

Can we finish our forum mock first? 

Seriously though, watch them close it on the 31st then on the 1st the forum got a makeover that incorporates all these functions of social media.

Edited by JO_75

28 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

The fact that he turned the thread about the forum ending into a Flacco thread shows his agenda.

Seriously. FANS HAVE NO POWER. OTHERWISE THE SITE WOULD NOT BE GOING UNDER.

I can't believe Flacco even took over this thread. Sad times. 

1 minute ago, ALI624 said:

Bet the last post will be "cut Flacco."

it would almost be fitting - that or "fire ozzie"

Please let's don't digress and turn this thread into Facebook, Twitter, etc.  We only have it for a few more weeks. Let's use it for what it was designed for and enjoy it. How about it guys and gals?

P.S.  I've really enjoyed working with and for y'all.  Y'all are a bunch of awesome people and have made the Ravens fan base the best in the world! I will miss you. Sincerely, I thank for your wisdom, insight, comradery and friendship over the years. It has been overall a fantastic experience!

Is there anyway to keep this up through the end of the 2017 season? It's bad timing to close the forums right in the middle of free agency and a month before the draft?

Jesus, I this actually looks real. This board was one of the few places I could chill.

I remember signing up it was after our second superbowl when I fouND out we had a website I'm going to miss this

2 hours ago, KidNme said:

I with you! and you're not being unreasonable. It's all true! FB sucks and is an intrusion at the very least and advertising is what it's all about. So sad. I guess they want a younger fan base as well as younger players. Out with the old......

Not entirely I'm 20 and avoid facebook snap chap and everything they listed

6 hours ago, jdynamite said:

Wow this sucks... I wish there could at least be a gameday thread still.  I really enjoy having gameday with other Ravens fans.  

Rather than venting randomly on Facebook lol. 

We do a gameday thread on Scout and it has everything but the pool lol  It's an old place that  this place killed, plus it used to have subscribers which are no more

Guys the rules still matter here so please watch the measuring stick comments lol

Wow.. Been a lurker for years.... Sign up to get involved and this happens? Definitely going to suck! I read these boards almost every day... Lots of good insight and opinions. Anyways rant over... Hope this is just a horrible April fools joke!!! 

Cant keep young talent, no money to sign quality free agents, 13-19 over the last 2 years....and now the team's website is shutting down the fans' forums where they can chat/vent/voice their opinions. It just seems like somethin is wrong at all levels with the Ravens. Are they looking to rebuild their roster AND their fan base? Or (wait for it) is Flacco's contract the real reason Ravens.com can no longer afford message boards?

Edited by robbie29

6 hours ago, Admin 3 said:

Yes. This change will not affect the content on the website and mobile app.

Sorry Admin 3. This is not intended directly at you, but the heads that made this decision are just plain short sighted and foolish. In the short term, you'll find no increase in traffic to your FB or twitter feeds and moreover will end up losing fan interaction which is critical to fan engagement. That is how the dollars flow - fans to club. I just hope whoever made this decision (probably anticipating some pushback but thinking it was needed to cut costs or whatever) better hope that the real powers that be - Owner Steve Bisciotti and President Cass are fully aware of this decision. Because if this novel business school churlish idea backfires, their heads will be the first to roll.

Edited by ellicottraven

14 minutes ago, robbie29 said:

Cant keep young talent, no money to sign quality free agents, 13-19 over the last 2 years....and now the team's website is shutting down the fans' forums where they can chat/vent/voice their opinions. It just seems like somethin is wrong at all levels with the Ravens. Are they looking to rebuild their roster AND their fan base? Or (wait for it) is Flacco's contract the real reason Ravens.com can no longer afford message boards?

This will go down as an all time favorite post for me.

Sorry to everyone that registered to the new forum this evening... just got around to approving you all. 

Feel free to post now. 

And anyone that's joining from a mobile platform I recommend switching to the desktop layout. Since I just built it today in an hour or so the mobile experience is still lacking some features.

Have a meeting tomorrow to see what all I can add/change to make it more user friendly, but the desktop version is still very easy to use on mobile and has all the features were used to.

feel free to join and create your profile. Trying to start our own spot so we can keep our great unique community here intact. Sorry your post counts will reset but we'll have a similar "ranking" based on it still. 

Thanks and hope you all come aboard. Might take a little time to work out all the kinks and get it just how we like.... but we're already above 40 or so members from here and growing in less than 12 hours!

7 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

Sorry Admin 3. This is not intended directly at you, but the heads that made this decision are just plain short sighted and foolish. In the short term, you'll find no increase in traffic to your FB or twitter feeds and moreover will end up losing fan interaction which is critical to fan engagement. That is how the dollars flow - fans to club. I just hope whoever made this decision (probably anticipating some pushback but thinking it was needed to cut costs or whatever) better hope that the real powers that be - Owner Steve Bisciotti and President Cass are fully aware of this decision. Because if this novel business school churlish idea backfires, their heads will be the first to roll.

@LosT_in_TranSlatioN

and then the fans take over!!

2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

FLACCO NEEDS TO SPEND OFFSEASON TIME WITH HIS WRS! 

Flacco needs to spend the offseason getting his post count up!!!

Wont make the ring of honor throwing a ball to his WRs...

1 hour ago, JO_75 said:

Is there anyway to keep this up through the end of the 2017 season? It's bad timing to close the forums right in the middle of free agency and a month before the draft?

THIS

THIS 

THIS 

The timing is the worst, okay, maybe not the worst, but of I mean in the off season, now is the time when things are getting exciting once again. It is a terrible idea to shut it down either way, but the timing is bad. 
I love how they say " careful consideration"  I don't think that was the case.

18 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Flacco needs to spend the offseason getting his post count up!!!

Wont make the ring of honor throwing a ball to his WRs...

Ozzie needs to read these boards! We know better!

3 minutes ago, K-Dog said:

THIS

THIS 

THIS 

The timing is the worst, okay, maybe not the worst, but of I mean in the off season, now is the time when things are getting exciting once again. It is a terrible idea to shut it down either way, but the timing is bad. 
I love how they say " careful consideration"  I don't think that was the case.

This is the thing - the draft is when these boards are at their most useful outside of actual gamedays...

Just now, rossihunter2 said:

This is the thing - the draft is when these boards are at their most useful outside of actual gamedays...

Fact.
I learn more about new players here than I do anywhere.  The main page doesn't present ANYWHERE NEAR the amount of information, videos and links that these pages do. 

Man, if they are gonna dump the boards the best time would be the end of February, after we celebrate our third Super Bowl victory.