• Announcements

    • Admin 3

      UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

      After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

486 posts in this topic

Just now, rmw10 said:

In honor of the forums closing, Lindsey Duke makes her return for the next 3 weeks or so!

That deserves a +35.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arnie_uk said:

the rules still are in effect. 

A what?  LMAO!!!!!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

...so I take it as its the wild west til forums closed...

 

 

Let's get it 

Oh man.... 

i want to but it just feels weird

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time ever...

This organization has disappointed me.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

Did they turn off the "bad word" filters? lol

First cuts

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeyFlex5 said:

Oh man.... 

i want to but it just feels weird

I don't trust it yet either.  I'll save my fun for the 31th...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Oh man.... 

i want to but it just feels weird

only 23 days left in the forum...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redrum52 said:

I don't trust it yet either.  I'll save my fun for the 31th...

We all post like edgelords until then and find out it's an April fools joke and all of our ips are banned huehuehue

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I like Sarah Ellison and Eisenberg. 

Mink and Downing just seem like fans that got lucky with a job. I feel some of us on here are more insightful.

I totally agree with this. I think articles were better before Hensley moved over to espn to take over AFC North news.   

 

Downing and Mink have always come across as fans that lucky to me as well lol. 

 

I guess that's why it irritates me to watch Mailbag videos because there's never anything insightful on there regardless of the subject.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

I think everyone should click on the "Contact Us" button and write notes to the people that make these decisions and let them know what we all think of this one. Look at how many passionate people are out there scrambling around right now to create new message boards. I mainly go to this site BECAUSE of the message boards. I can get much more accurate and up to date information from Pro Football Rumors and Rotoworld than this site. If I need stats I can always go to Pro Football Reference..and in fact I always do.

Pro football reference is one of my favorite sites....  man I love that for all sports 

 

Thanks for Pro Football rumors never heard of that one before.   

Edited by jdynamite
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jdynamite said:

I totally agree with this. I think articles were better before Hensley moved over to espn to take over AFC North news.   

 

Downing and Mink have always come across as fans that lucky to me as well lol. 

 

I guess that's why it irritates me to watch Mailbag videos because there's never anything insightful on there regardless of the subject.  

they have literally no insider information ever, never really have any interesting nuggets in particular apart from the occasional like "funny story" but they normally involve mink playing board games with john urschel - they are literally there to be hosts who essentially write copy of any interviews etc. and then call them articles - i just dont think they are particularly interesting personalities either which doesnt help my opinion of them

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Admin 3 said:

Hi @Edgar,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but we launched a Ravens podcast -- The Lounge -- at the beginning of the season. Our writers, Ryan Mink and Garrett Downing, share their thoughts and often sit down and chat with players and other guests. The 47th episode was posted yesterday.

Check it out on iTunes, Soundcloud or wherever you listen to your podcasts.

Thanks for the heads up. I've only listened once and found it too general.

Better than some though. Too much emphasis on favorite sports movies, beer drinking.....stuff about the hosts personal life that week.....who cares? Give me x and os

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jdynamite said:

 

Yeah it's a pain to comment on the team's Facebook, because people with little to no  football knowledge will just jump on and disagree with name calling lol rather than legitimate sports talk.  

 

Also sometimes the forum was nice to read for a little rumors others picked up on elsewhere. 

Every fan on Facebook is basically rayrayraven.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edgar said:

Thanks for the heads up. I've only listened once and found it too general.

Better than some though. Too much emphasis on favorite sports movies, beer drinking.....stuff about the hosts personal life that week.....who cares? Give me x and os

the one time i listened all they talked about was pumpkin beer.

Couldnt tolerate it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeyFlex5 said:

Every fan on Facebook is basically rayrayraven.

Or Wisdom.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm disappointed that the boards are closing. I've been reading for the past few years, and I've learned a lot just by reading all of your posts. I'll miss the boards when they're gone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inqui said:

Or Wisdom.

Lol. Seriously everyone on Facebook still believes jimmy smith sucks, they all think boldin and Torrey and jacoby were a GOAT wr corps and they, combined with ed reed and ray Lewis carried joe to a super bowl. 

They are CLUELESS. The solution to everything is to re-sign boldin and hire ray and ed to coach. I'm really bummed if this is real because this is the only way to avoid that, concentrate a small group of knowledgeable fans and moderate the morons who infiltrate

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone takes the name K-Dog on the other forums, I will punch you in the throat. 

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

the one time i listened all they talked about was pumpkin beer.

Couldnt tolerate it.

I'm telling you, if someone really got into these prospects..free agency and how each player could factor Into ravens scheme, etc. I would find it endlessly entertaining.

I have no notion whatsoever why it is that these hosts think their llives are so interesting to others. There must be a philosophy that it somehow drums up business or likes, subscribers a.d the like.

Just know your subject matter and do a good show.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

the one time i listened all they talked about was pumpkin beer.

Couldnt tolerate it.

the interesting ones were only the ones in the season when the players were on - people like michael pierce were interesting but otherwise it was dung

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

they have literally no insider information ever, never really have any interesting nuggets in particular apart from the occasional like "funny story" but they normally involve mink playing board games with john urschel - they are literally there to be hosts who essentially write copy of any interviews etc. and then call them articles - i just dont think they are particularly interesting personalities either which doesnt help my opinion of them

I agree with you. Very little of the "articles" here tell me anything I don't already know. The only informative ones are appearing here as "breaking news" after I've already read about it on other sources first.

I don't watch any of their videos because I don't find their answers illuminating. They don't have any insider information and if they do, they aren't sharing. They just give the "I think this will/won't happen..." Really? Gee, so do I.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I'm telling you, if someone really got into these prospects..free agency and how each player could factor Into ravens scheme, etc. I would find it endlessly entertaining.

I have no notion whatsoever why it is that these hosts think their llives are so interesting to others. There must be a philosophy that it somehow drums up business or likes, subscribers a.d the like.

Just know your subject matter and do a good show.

i think thats the problem - they dont know the subject matter that well - they have no insider info or if they do they arent allowed to reveal it and they have no handle on draft prospects beyond the big names and even then its not like theyve been watching film to double check what every media outlet spouts as the truth

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

I agree with you. Very little of the "articles" here tell me anything I don't already know. The only informative ones are appearing here as "breaking news" after I've already read about it on other sources first.

I don't watch any of their videos because I don't find their answers illuminating. They don't have any insider information and if they do, they aren't sharing. They just give the "I think this will/won't happen..." Really? Gee, so do I.

i tried watching the interviews with the coaches in the cars but the questions never really ask for interesting answers - so often they are essentially "give an oral history of you career because we dont think ravens fans can read or google search"

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, K-Dog said:

If anyone takes the name K-Dog on the other forums, I will punch you in the throat. 

What other forums?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess there is going to be a heck of a party here on the 31st.

Lots of IBTL !!!!

I wonder who gets the last post.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Flacco contract screwed us over. If only they done the 18 mil per year he wanted before the superbowl win we would still have our forum

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arnie_uk said:

That Flacco contract screwed us over. If only they done the 18 mil per year he wanted before the superbowl win we would still have our forum

It's all Flacco's fault!

In all honesty, I could stomach one last Flacco debate before this place closes down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now