Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

485 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Admin 3 said:

Just to dispel the various questions of those wondering if this is an April Fools joke, it is not. March 31 will be the last day the boards remain open.

This is what I would say if it was a joke :ph34r:

I think it was that ray rayvens dude that shut t his place down.    lol

Edited by Tank 92

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

How many would join if I create a message board/forum for us to migrate to?

I probably would.

Im assuming all of the media coverage will be the same? I.e mailbag, LFW, etc...

This is literally the only moderately trafficked place online I've seen any civil discussions about the Ravens, you can't exactly have those on FB and Twitter when half the people are yelling at us to get Derrick Mason out of retirement.

Can we get a memorial thread going? With the most liked posts and most negged posts? Longest thread titles and synopsis of discussion?

Something to reflect on.

2 minutes ago, lgcs27288 said:

Can we get a memorial thread going? With the most liked posts and most negged posts? Longest thread titles and synopsis of discussion?

Something to reflect on.

Go for it!

3 minutes ago, Number23 said:

This is literally the only moderately trafficked place online I've seen any civil discussions about the Ravens, you can't exactly have those on FB and Twitter when half the people are yelling at us to get Derrick Mason out of retirement.

37 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Once upon a time  Scout was the premier forums for Ravens fans.  This site basically killed that one, but it is still there and a little bit active.  There are still some dedicated posters.  May I suggest a mass migration back?  Here's the link to the "Ravens Talk" forum.  Many other forums ( off-topic, fantasy, etc.) are also available.  

http://www.scout.com/nfl/ravens/forums/1666-your-baltimore-ravens

Scout also has moderators and civil discussions.  The moderators over there are ready to welcome new/returning posters.

19 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

I think it was that ray rayvens dude that shut t his place down.    lol

Best post I have read in awhile 

Honestly, I thought Forum shut down when I couldn't find it on the BR.com homepage. 

Hands down, one of the best forums online with a complementary moderating staff.

I guess the younger generations don't use forums since the higher-ups did their research and found out the no enough people using this forum. 

Just like the Compact disc, eventually everything will fade away. Time for us old-timers to move shop and join new places.

Thank you Br Forum for all the wonderful memories and analyses you have provided.

Kind of a sad comment on the state of meaningful communication in our society. It's slowly becoming extinct.

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Honestly, I thought Forum shut down when I couldn't find it on the BR.com homepage. 

Hands down, one of the best forums online with a complementary moderating staff.

I guess the younger generations don't use forums since the higher-ups did their research and found out the no enough people using this forum. 

Just like the Compact disc, eventually everything will fade away. Time for us old-timers to move shop and join new places.

Thank you Br Forum for all the wonderful memories and analyses you have provided.

lol - im a newbie who's also a young'n - i literally created an account because there is nowhere else where active discussion takes place with realistic arguments supported by evidence of various sorts

especially in the draft thread... i sincerely doubt that the level of tape analysis and prospect discussion is replicated on any other team and in any other platform for communication - oh man why couldnt it go up to the draft?

the only other place i have even halfway decent discussion about prospects is voch lombardi's facebook group but that's not really ravens specific

2 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

How many would join if I create a message board/forum for us to migrate to?

Send me the link fam

This is ridiculous. What about those that don't have a Facebook? This is the only place where I can go to talk about the Ravens in a somewhat civilized manner. 

Just now, Deflated Football said:

This is ridiculous. What about those that don't have a Facebook? This is the only place where I can go to talk about the Ravens in a somewhat civilized manner. 

also if this is an attempt to interact with younger audiences, then the ravens are way behind the curve because those who are just about to finish high school seem to be more content with some combination of instagram, whatsapp, and snapchat, which i really dont understand --> so they arent really on facebook either

It's all Joe Flacco's fault. Fire John, Ozzie, Eric and sell the team to a new owner that will keep it going!

2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

I probably needed a push to get off of here anyways, but it couldn't at least go through draft season?  Ouch.

RSR. Actually think it's better for draft season. This board for game threads and in season chat

Just now, arnie_uk said:

RSR. Actually think it's better for draft season. This board for game threads and in season chat

I'll probably come there. I already have an account I set up years ago. 

3 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

I'm already there but rarely post.  Probably going to be a theme with me moving forward once this officially closes down.

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

I'm already there but rarely post.  Probably going to be a theme with me moving forward once this officially closes down.

There's a few guys you included that I'm going to miss. Without these boards I think I would have gave up on the nfl by now probably because I have no one in my area to talk face to face with 

31 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

lol - im a newbie who's also a young'n - i literally created an account because there is nowhere else where active discussion takes place with realistic arguments supported by evidence of various sorts

especially in the draft thread... i sincerely doubt that the level of tape analysis and prospect discussion is replicated on any other team and in any other platform for communication - oh man why couldnt it go up to the draft?

the only other place i have even halfway decent discussion about prospects is voch lombardi's facebook group but that's not really ravens specific

Some of us have talked about this before but a ravens podcast...even a cheesily shot weekly you tube one where guys on this board break down players....specific to Ravens needs/fit and speculate on who we might select would be a cool novelty....really think guys on this board would do a much better job than anyone I've seen or read locally.

I just fail to understand how the official Ravens website is closing the official Ravens message board. I probably won't be posting too often anymore.

This was my go to for breaking news since I don't have twitter. Damn.