Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

541 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's against forum rules to post links, but for anybody looking to migrate elsewhere, I go to another message board that started 3 years ago.  It's a full on sports message board with individual team pages.  The Ravens fans there are pretty level headed and reasonable, but due to the low total number, it's hard to engage in a lot of Ravens talk.  Other team's fans come over also and they're pretty reasonable.  I've been discussing football there with Steelers and Browns fans since about 08 (I know I said the board opened in 2013, but most of us there migrated from the old SeeBS message boards).

Again, not sure if I can post the link here, but anyone interested can message me.  The Mods are pretty reasonable.  There's also plenty of boards for mock drafts, draft discussions, other sports, politics, wrestling, and a general message board for each sport

As a fan from Scotland i rely on these boards to get as involved as possible. Cant believe these boards are going. Facebook is useless and the other platforms does not allow for deep discussion. If anyone is setting up a message board please include me or email a link to garyrosscourtney@yahoo.co.uk

27 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I've got one set up already. Admin functions like banned words, ability to ban certain users, can filter all new members, etc...

Will share the forum link shortly for all that want to join.

Just want to have the general framework set up (Discussion areas, basic topics, etc...).

I'll try to loosely model it after this community so it's familiar to everyone and navigation will be fairly easy.

Please send 

Admittedly, I probably can't relate to rationale behind this decision as I'm likely ignorant as to what makes "this", go....but it strikes me as very, very, very lame.

A board...THE board representing the Ravens is closing up shop because.......you can't keep up? Isn't worth the effort? 

Who exactly makes this decision....anyone know ?

You can keep Facebook, etc

39 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I was thinking of creating one myself, but I'd be down to join for sure. Everyone from the Forum Mock and Draft a Franchise would be looking for a permanent home so they would likely join as well.

Speaking of which, let's have a consensus of one board to create. If the moderators can allow us to export the existing board data to the new private board, it would really be awesome. This is a bummer of 'Biblical' proportions to me personally, but we'll prevail as long as there is a place to share, vent and admire. I think all existing members should be able to join the same private board so we can all make a seamless transition to it. I am in and hope the rest of the members feel the same way.

1 minute ago, Edgar said:

Admittedly, I probably can't relate to rationale behind this decision as I'm likely ignorant as to what makes "this", go....but it strikes me as very, very, very lame.

A board...THE board representing the Ravens is closing up shop because.......you can't keep up? Isn't worth the effort? 

Who exactly makes this decision....anyone know ?

You can keep Facebook, etc

I promise to never engage in social media from the Ravens. It is terrible and not fan friendly and this is just an internal cost saving measure period. I suspect that we may lose some hard core fans over this fiasco as well. Its just plain idiotic from my perspective because we had people chime in from all over the world. So where do we get to bash Harbs, Pees, and Flacco now? It is heart breaking!!

23 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

absolutely, please send

Please send BOLDnPurPNBlacK and thank you

z

That's the forum I'm setting up. Feel free to click and create a profile.

For now I have to approve all new members but will do so as soon as im able for anyone interested. The bare bones are there, but still customizing appearances and forum rules.

I'll be appointing mods as well.

Dont expect it to be too active, until this is officially confirmed and we need an alternative, but everyones welcome.

Just now, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

http://baltimoreravens.boardhost.com/index.php

For now I have to approve all new members but will do so as soon as im able for anyone interested. The bare bones are there, but still customizing appearances and forum rules.

Dont expect it to be too active, until this is officially confirmed and we need an alternative, but everyones welcome.

Man,

If you pull this off you are undoubtedly the coolest 

On 3/8/2017 at 10:59 AM, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I signed up.

This board helped me to finally get to converse with fellow Ravens fans so I'll always be thankful for that. 

4 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

I signed up.

Yea i saw. Sorry im still learning the admin tools, but just found how i approve new members.

Youre now approved and everyone else who's registered is as well.

Like i said, if you register and arent approved right away i apologize. Im at work, but ill try to check it every so often and approve you as you sign up.

Feel free to take the bare bones that are there and customize it to reflect our home here if youd like to spend the time. Create topics, etc.. If anyone tries and you have questions on creating topics, sub topics, etc... just PM me.

48 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I probably needed a push to get off of here anyways, but it couldn't at least go through draft season?  Ouch.

Yeah I was probably going to be posting here less and less but still stinks to not get to be here on draft night.

36 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

and it may be a new and improved board they are working on as well.  Who knows

They say they are "shutting it down," not "improving it."

Before ESPN closed their boards they attempted to revamp them and that relaunch was horrible and looked like they were trying to reinvent Twitter. They had a 140 character limit for posts...try doing that with some of our posts here; even for those of you who do have the gift of brevity.

man, the thing that annoys me most about this is that these boards are more important in the offseason with sharing draft takes etc. and yet they can't at least let this go through to after the draft

7 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Yea i saw. Sorry im still learning the admin tools, but just found how i approve new members.

Like i said, if you register and arent approved right away i apologize. Im at work, but ill try to check it every so often and approve you as you sign up.

Feel free to take the bare bones that are there and customize it to reflect our home here if youd like to spend the time. Create topics, etc.. If anyone tries and you have questions on creating topics, sub topics, etc... just PM me.

Will kick start when news of signings come to the fray :)

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

How many would join if I create a message board/forum for us to migrate to?

I considered same thing. But more like the football talk boards you have to pay for membership. But it will not cost for the membership. It will be operated like those boards. Lightly moderated. Many contests and prizes, draft party at event hall. With open discussion sections with ravens rival teams like Steelers Bengals Patriots. Not sure yet of a board name. Something cool. Many of my friends are patriot fans. So inviting them should be fun. lol. One of my favorite football memories is live streaming laughing at patriots about to lose a Super Bowl on a fluke catch again. Then the interception thing.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

10 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I wouldn't mind joining but I think I am gonna wait until April to make that decision. I can't help but to feel we're being set up.

1 minute ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I considered same thing. But more like the football talk boards you have to pay for membership. But it will not cost for the membership. It will be operated like those boards. Lightly moderated. Many contests and prizes. With open discussion sections with ravens rival teams like Steelers Bengals Patriots. Not sure yet of a board name. Something cool

http://baltimoreravens.boardhost.com/admin_approve.php

Here's something im putting together.

Suggestions welcome. Working on rules list, developing topics, forum areas, etc...

If anyone has ideas for what they'd like to see in a new forum please post. I'll do my best to incorporate everything (within reason) that people want.

On 3/8/2017 at 11:23 AM, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Suggestions welcome. Working on rules list, developing topics, forum areas, etc...

If anyone has ideas for what they'd like to see in a new forum please post. I'll do my best to incorporate everything (within reason) that people want.

You are literally the most beautiful being on this Earth.

38 minutes ago, Purple_City39 said:

I don't know if it's against forum rules to post links, but for anybody looking to migrate elsewhere, I go to another message board that started 3 years ago.  It's a full on sports message board with individual team pages.  The Ravens fans there are pretty level headed and reasonable, but due to the low total number, it's hard to engage in a lot of Ravens talk.  Other team's fans come over also and they're pretty reasonable.  I've been discussing football there with Steelers and Browns fans since about 08 (I know I said the board opened in 2013, but most of us there migrated from the old SeeBS message boards).

Again, not sure if I can post the link here, but anyone interested can message me.  The Mods are pretty reasonable.  There's also plenty of boards for mock drafts, draft discussions, other sports, politics, wrestling, and a general message board for each sport

Looks like we can post links.  For anyone looking for another board (or another board in addition to the ones linked), here's the one I mentioned.  We could use more knowledgeable Ravens fans

http://live4sportnetwork.com/forumlist/

Once upon a time  Scout was the premier forums for Ravens fans.  This site basically killed that one, but it is still there and a little bit active.  There are still some dedicated posters.  May I suggest a mass migration back?  Here's the link to the "Ravens Talk" forum.  Many other forums ( off-topic, fantasy, etc.) are also available.  

http://www.scout.com/nfl/ravens/forums/1666-your-baltimore-ravens

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

How many would join if I create a message board/forum for us to migrate to?

I definitely would. 

This is terrible.  I don't do social media, no Facebook, Instagram, anything. 

Im not happy....

Just to dispel the various questions of those wondering if this is an April Fools joke, it is not. March 31 will be the last day the boards remain open.

Just start a new Facebook group to create and post topics. It works similar to the boards or move to another board. Russell Street Report,  Your Baltimore Ravens (scout), Extreme Ravens, Baltimore Sports and Life.

Just now, Admin 3 said:

Just to dispel the various questions of those wondering if this is an April Fools joke, it is not. March 31 will be the last day the boards remain open.

At least April 1st you can say the forums will be open then