Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

550 posts in this topic

"If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities."

Go see the freakout on FB about the Jernigan trade and you'll realize how much more stupid shutting down this message board is. This is about as close as engaging in the ways they want us to as they will get. By closing the boards, your shutting down THE major social community you have. Then the draft will come and it will be worse because instead of engaging in football talk about the draft picks, it will be random comments one after the other without any football talk at all. While having all the social media is great, shutting down one form of a community(message board) and having one less way to communicate with fans is terrible. You should be looking at ADDING more ways to communicate and interact with fans, not removing ways.

So so sorry to learn of this.  It has been a lot of fun for the last many years and I will miss some of the characters I have looked forward to hearing from in the game threads.  It is especially appreciated as someone who lived a good number of years in Baltimore and now lives several states away.  I may be in New England, but I will never cheer for those Patriots.  I will miss a lot of my Ravens friends.  Peace and blessings to all!

Talking to other buddies who are fans of other teams, they couldn't believe that the Ravens actually had official message boards. I think these boards are one of the few ways to keep fans actively involved in the offseason.

I understand the boards are not as active as they are the years the team is more competitive, but it seems like every year someone releases most loyal and knowledgable fans in the NFL. The Ravens always rank in the top 5 and are known to have very smart fans.

With less of these conversations I do think that takes a hit.. I wouldn't be surprised if the team notices a slight drop off in loyal fans. 

But in the end it comes down to money. I hope all of you join us at boardhost.

1 hour ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

What is boardhost?

Look 3 posts above yours

1 hour ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

What is boardhost?

@BOLDnPurPnBlacK created a place where we could go after the boards close.

1 minute ago, Willbacker said:

Look 3 posts above yours

That's where the link is.

I keep checking in and hoping.....had a moment when the announcement didn't pop right up that perhaps...but no. No one has come to their senses yet. :(

On 4/4/2017 at 6:52 PM, JO_75 said:

"If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities."

Go see the freakout on FB about the Jernigan trade and you'll realize how much more stupid shutting down this message board is. This is about as close as engaging in the ways they want us to as they will get. By closing the boards, your shutting down THE major social community you have. Then the draft will come and it will be worse because instead of engaging in football talk about the draft picks, it will be random comments one after the other without any football talk at all. While having all the social media is great, shutting down one form of a community(message board) and having one less way to communicate with fans is terrible. You should be looking at ADDING more ways to communicate and interact with fans, not removing ways.

Its moving toward the democratic peoples republic of the baltimore ravens, message to fans: just bring your money, thats all that matters

I really wish this site would continue with Game Thread and a Draft section. 

The thread with the alt sites is in Off Topic where it belongs until after the Draft. One thread started by a user.

Honestly, of all the quality posters on this forum, I think I might miss Wizard1 most of all after this forum closes. I honestly enjoyed his shtick where he pretended to be a pessimistic fan, lamenting over the innovative new ways that we were going to lose each week. His was non-confrontational divisional trolling at its finest.

9 hours ago, Maryland said:

Honestly, of all the quality posters on this forum, I think I might miss Wizard1 most of all after this forum closes. I honestly enjoyed his shtick where he pretended to be a pessimistic fan, lamenting over the innovative new ways that we were going to lose each week. His was non-confrontational divisional trolling at its finest.

He was also a coward who made a bet not to post anymore if we won a game, and then didn't follow through on his end of the deal.

So i am guessing once the boards close, there will be no one left to hold the team accountable to the fans that support them. Its just business right? Why give a beep?

13 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

He was also a coward who made a bet not to post anymore if we won a game, and then didn't follow through on his end of the deal.

lol, classic wizard 

8 hours ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

So i am guessing once the boards close, there will be no one left to hold the team accountable to the fans that support them. Its just business right? Why give a beep?

Do you really think fans are holding the team accountable now? 

I guess the other side of that coin is... who's holding the fans accountable for anything?

2 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Do you really think fans are holding the team accountable now? 

I guess the other side of that coin is... who's holding the fans accountable for anything?

yah they accountible tickets and mercandice doan even know whos jersay to buy on the team. betta get  playoffs this yr fur sur

16 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

yah they accountible tickets and mercandice doan even know whos jersay to buy on the team. betta get  playoffs this yr fur sur

LOL, fans are still buying tickets and merchandise.

Do you really think they're having a tough time selling tickets? (Hint: an empty seat doesn't mean the ticket wasn't sold).

Fans just talk about outrage. They rarely actually do anything about it.

Edited by rmcjacket23

4 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

maybe u doan but havent bought a jersay in 5 yrs stil got my ed and bolden jersays lik I sayed this yr says it all it calld watchful waitin biscoitti is not only one doin it

Edited by RayRayRaven

55 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

maybe u doan but havent bought a jersay in 5 yrs stil got my ed and bolden jersays lik I sayed this yr says it all it calld watchful waitin biscoitti is not only one doin it

Who cares. Most fans don't buy a new jersey every year. I haven't bought a new jersey in like 10 years.

If you watch games on TV, you're a revenue source for the NFL and for the Ravens. Whether you know it or not, you're sending money to the Baltimore Ravens every time you watch them play.

If you think that not spending $100 every five years (of which the Ravens only actual get a piece of that in actual revenue and profit) on some jersey is somehow holding the Ravens accountable for anything, then not only are you incredibly naive and hypocritical, but you also have zero clue what "accountable" means.

Edited by rmcjacket23

12 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

LOL, fans are still buying tickets and merchandise.

Do you really think they're having a tough time selling tickets? (Hint: an empty seat doesn't mean the ticket wasn't sold).

Except instead of watching bad football, change the channel on their big screen

12 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Who cares. Most fans don't buy a new jersey every year. I haven't bought a new jersey in like 10 years.

If you watch games on TV, you're a revenue source for the NFL and for the Ravens. Whether you know it or not, you're sending money to the Baltimore Ravens every time you watch them play.

If you think that not spending $100 every five years (of which the Ravens only actual get a piece of that in actual revenue and profit) on some jersey is somehow holding the Ravens accountable for anything, then not only are you incredibly naive and hypocritical, but you also have zero clue what "accountable" means.

didnt make a point to watch the ravens last yr. tuned in most times but no rittual any more.   havent been to a game since the yr after the championship. tv is losin accountable to the ravens not many prime time anymore

heres the thing though when a team is pickin at slot 16 that is the worstest place you can be.  you are not riding high at the playof leval you are not in it to win it wiff da best of da best.  you are not lookin forward to knockin noggins in the playoffs. you are jus cruising along at 8-8 or 7-9 or 9-7 missin the chance to shine in da playofs and than missin the chance at the best playas in da draff cuz you are pickin at slot 16 and the very best playas are usualy gone by than.  you pick at 16 you get a useful guy like cj mosely but you doan get a game change. you pic at 16 this yr and you get ur gm talkin trade back right off.  if u not the new England pats if u pick at slot 32 u get a guy like mat elam cleats and than you team start to decay. it decay cuz you got over valuated guys and next thang you kno you are stuck in limbo for yrs at 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 picin at slot 16 stuck unda the glas cieling that you can't brake trough unless u  da patriots. and this my fiend is wher we find urself.

so r da ravens becoming accounting for this limbo. yah they are 

On 4/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

Except instead of watching bad football, change the channel on their big screen

Just another idea that fans TALK about doing but rarely actually do.

Lot of talking... very little walking.

That's hypocrisy.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

Its moving toward the democratic peoples republic of the baltimore ravens, message to fans: just bring your money, thats all that matters

That's just too funny.

13 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Just another idea that fans TALK about doing but rarely actually do.

Lot of talking... very little walking.

That's  hypocrisy.

Actually, considering the ratings dive, I think they do.  I know for sure I do.  MNF has been pretty much unwatchable for 2 years now.  If it's not the Ravens, I'm not watching bad games.  

I'm a creature of habit and there really is nothing I have to watch on TV since they cancelled Boston Legal and CSI:Miami, so I watch all the games as I'm complaining about TNF and how it sucks for the players and fans, so it makes me a tad bit of a hypocrite.  I lost  a season due to being critically ill and don't remember 2014 that well so from the illness in the Spring, so it's all precious to me.  My husband and I set a dollar amount after the first big raise and we are a dollar from it, so we have a decision make in the next year or two.  When 3 seats are half our primary age kids private school it's costly.