Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

541 posts in this topic

I remember the good old days when Ravens Org was more fan friendly.  Remember the practices at Westminster? I was able to meet in person Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden at a Ravens sponsored event that cost $50.00 and still have the beach towel. Looks like were turning into DC.

I've been trying to post on other outlets since this will be closing :(... 

Ravens Facebook fans smh. Spent several back and forth comments arguing with a guy lol.  

It started with his preference of Derrick Henry instead of Correa ( ok sure we have our own draft fantasy scenarios ). 

Then the guy says "they screwed that up just like the year we traded back to get Kindle and missed out on drafting Dez Bryant since we traded back lol" 

i said thats the exact  opposite of what happen Dallas traded up and stole Dez Bryant right from us then the team traded back since Bryant was gone.

enter name calling ( oh boy I'll miss this little message board ) lol 

Logged on for the first time in a loooooong time (fatherhood has kept me very busy) to see that the forums are shutting down :( gonna miss this place. Made my account when i was a senior in high school and now im 26. Hoping to join in on discussion on whatever other forums are being made.  

The more I check out my favorite board and type away and read away, I'm struck by how lonely and uneventful my life will be when they yank away this board for good May 5th! I just don't see why they're doing it because I promise them on my future grave, I'll never ever follow them on facebook or twitter ever period!

You still have time to reconsider and make Ravens fans really happy and relieved!

Edited by ellicottraven

On 3/22/2017 at 4:12 AM, arnie_uk said:

@Sami84 is already making friends on RSR.

@Sami84 is a really friendly chap! He exudes friendly vibes where ever his presence is felt!

Thank god this board will close down after Star Wars day so I can make may the fourth be with you jokes about the draft picks

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, bauer77 said:

Logged on for the first time in a loooooong time (fatherhood has kept me very busy) to see that the forums are shutting down :( gonna miss this place. Made my account when i was a senior in high school and now im 26. Hoping to join in on discussion on whatever other forums are being made.  

Look around..... some members have made a separate board

This is lame, Ravens. This is very lame. Gonna miss it, but I see you want to keep up with the times with Facespace and Twittar. Since this will be my last time posting most likely, and if you decide to archive the board, I'll leave with this...

JOE FLACCO IS THE GOAT!

ED REED IS THE GREATEST SAFETY OF ALL-TIME!

We do it for freedom! FOR FREEDOM!

On 08/03/2017 at 4:10 PM, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

How many would join if I create a message board/forum for us to migrate to?

Count me in.

52 minutes ago, Halshayeji said:

I'm still hoping to wake up sun morning and read "April Fools! board not going anywhere"

Did you read the updated announcement?  Boards will still be here this Sunday.

17 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Did you read the updated announcement?  Boards will still be here this Sunday.

Oh lord. You guys have already checked out lol

Sunday morning would be the day after "April fools"

51 minutes ago, Halshayeji said:

Oh lord. You guys have already checked out lol

Sunday morning would be the day after "April fools"

Our time here has been extended until after the draft.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:58 PM, ellicottraven said:

The more I check out my favorite board and type away and read away, I'm struck by how lonely and uneventful my life will be when they yank away this board for good May 5th! I just don't see why they're doing it because I promise them on my future grave, I'll never ever follow them on facebook or twitter ever period!

You still have time to reconsider and make Ravens fans really happy and relieved!

I'll send you a therapy dog with a Ravens jersey on .

So I just finished watching Harbs talk live on Facebook and the commenting section was attrocious. Everyone was saying bring back this person, that person. Eventually it got to Ray Rice and people were actually comparing him to Dennis Pitta, in terms of how they have missed a few seasons but only Pitta was kept "because it was personal". Seriously Admins!? Do you really want to leave us with this crap?

Edited by lgcs27288

10 minutes ago, lgcs27288 said:

So I just finished watching Harbs talk live on Facebook and the commenting section was attrocious. Everyone was saying bring back this person, that person. Eventually it got to Ray Rice and people were actually comparing him to Dennis Pitta, in terms of how they have missed a few seasons but only Pitta was kept "because it was personal". Seriously Admins!? Do you really want to leave us with this crap?

Well, when they decided to close down the board, it's obviously they don't care about our opinions or feelings......Nothing we say can change their mind...it's set and stone.........

Some members already made the a duplicate board and it just isn't the same......missing all the mods on here......

/shrug....moving on....

21 hours ago, AsianRice said:

Well, when they decided to close down the board, it's obviously they don't care about our opinions or feelings......Nothing we say can change their mind...it's set and stone.........

Some members already made the a duplicate board and it just isn't the same......missing all the mods on here......

/shrug....moving on....

It's temporary until a new board is found by the new message board founders (BoldnPurpnBlack)

Living in Canada this was basically the only joint for semi-intelligible Ravens talk. Facebook Ravens is just insanity, theres no discussion there.

9 hours ago, Bltravens said:

Living in Canada this was basically the only joint for semi-intelligible Ravens talk. Facebook Ravens is just insanity, theres no discussion there.

It's like a thousand ray rays.

In addition to the boards being made by members here, I want to say that Russell Street Report has an excellent website and a great board to discuss all things Ravens. Like most of you all, I think facebook Ravens is a great place to get ticked off at the ludicrous comments made by fair weather fans who have no clue what they are talking about. I just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know there are far better ways to communicate in boards like this one without having to discuss with moronic fans in places such as Facebook. 

4 hours ago, SeaHawk said:

In addition to the boards being made by members here, I want to say that Russell Street Report has an excellent website and a great board to discuss all things Ravens. Like most of you all, I think facebook Ravens is a great place to get ticked off at the ludicrous comments made by fair weather fans who have no clue what they are talking about. I just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know there are far better ways to communicate in boards like this one without having to discuss with moronic fans in places such as Facebook. 

definitely check it out....need some real football discussion....

On 3/30/2017 at 9:40 AM, SeaHawk said:

If you're looking for better conversation than just "fair weather fans who have no clue what they're talking about", then you'll be disappointed with RSR. This place has no shortage of ignorant fans as well, but RSR is even worse in my experience.

Might also have something to do with some of the writers there. There's some pretty good one's, but there are some horrible one's also.

If all of us here finally decide on moving on to the same board, I think the conversations will be well served and fun. 

On 3/21/2017 at 11:14 AM, Crusader said:

I remember the good old days when Ravens Org was more fan friendly.  Remember the practices at Westminster? I was able to meet in person Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden at a Ravens sponsored event that cost $50.00 and still have the beach towel. Looks like were turning into DC.

Amen! I remember meeting Ray Lewis as well and saw a tall rookie practice - Joe Flacco!