Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

485 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, allblackraven said:

31-30

The one BB claimed went over the post

1 hour ago, K-Dog said:

I remember now.

HaHa!!!!  Priceless....... I can see Billy leaving the field jumping up and down screaming at the official.

9 hours ago, Moderator 2 said:

Thank a Moderator or Flock member who reported abuse so we could get rid of the post and if needed put the offender on hiatus.  There is a lot that goes on that quietly gets taken care of, one of the reasons new posters are on mod preview.

Many teams that had message boards no longer do, I went and did my own checking Pittsburgh has everything

but a MB, Cincinnati,Cleveland, Buffalo( they had one at the beginning of the 2016 season) Patriots, Jets have a bizarre social hub, Miami has links to fan sites,Indy and Tampa Bay do not have message boards Redskins, Giants, Falcons, Eagles, Jaguars, Cowboys, Texans, Panthers do have message boards but I'm not privy to what goes on behind the scenes or if they will continue, I just went through and clicked the links.

BTW @K-Dog that was one I'd my best birthday presents ever -- that win !  My husband just walked by and asked I was reliving happier times lol!

So teams are getting rid of their message boards and NFL viewership was down what ? 15 percent last year? What is the goal down 50 percent? 

2 hours ago, atomicfront said:

So teams are getting rid of their message boards and NFL viewership was down what ? 15 percent last year? What is the goal down 50 percent? 

There is such an absence of quality coverage and analysis. Forget local coverage...Forget ESPN. Has anyone tried watching NFL network lately?

Toe drag swag...? Top ten....... Programming for idiots.

If it wasn't for "Path to the Draft ", combine coverage,etc., the NFL's network is unwatchable......precisely why this board is of value to the fan.

4 hours ago, Tank 92 said:

HaHa!!!!  Priceless....... I can see Billy leaving the field jumping up and down screaming at the official.

And he got a $50K fine for making contact with the ref. That was the cherry on top.

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

There is such an absence of quality coverage and analysis. Forget local coverage...Forget ESPN. Has anyone tried watching NFL network lately?

If it wasn't for "Path to the Draft ", combine coverage,etc., the NFL's network is unwatchable......precisely why this board is of value to the fan.

I've watched NFL Network's combine coverage and the drafts and I can't stand all of the yuk-yuk that goes on. Every once in awhile you will actually get some decent insight on a player. I watch their NFL total access which seems to think there are only 3-4 teams in the NFL and it seems they are purposely targeting the LCD (lowest common denominator) with their antics.

You have to love it when an "analyst's" opinion starts with, "Dude need to get PAID!"

Why do you think this player can help team X? "Yo, dude is just a baller. You get this man here and he can do everything for you."

Gee thanks. Let me go drink about 10 beers so I can join in the fun and understand all the gibberish.

This is how I feel most of the articles on this site are written. They are written with (my opinion) a notion that the fans don't know anything about the players, the team, or the game of football. This is why I feel the message board community is so valuable because it allows for some more intellectual conversations.

As for, "Well, all the other teams are ditching their message boards..." Since when did the Ravens become followers and not leaders? Since when did we want to become just like everybody else?

Edited by EdTheMythicalOne

8 hours ago, Edgar said:

That and Good Morning Football (only for Kay Adams) are the only reasons why I watch NFLN......oh yeah, and the draft as well. 

So I have given this some thought. 

Why would the team want to shut down the fans opinions of the team, whether it be players, procedures, philosophy, or coaches, or draft picks?

- It annoys them if the comments are negative.

- It costs money to maintain

- Someone (player, coach, or front office) got their feelings hurt from a fan comment (s)

- They just want YES MEN around them to agree with everything they say and do from the top down

- They could care less what fans think

- People use too much profanity

- They realize the fans might actually be knowledgeable enough to see a failing plan versus a successful plan, and do not want to hear about it

- Too many Squeeler trolls pretending to be Ravens fans

- Bill Belicheck has hacked into our team computers through the message boards

Feel free to finish this list.....

This site will most likely be temporary until we find a more permanent site.  If you are on this site you will be notified what site we transition to.

Im pretty sure we have some people that will be willing to donate time and money to make sure that this happens.  Who knows, maybe it will end up being better in the long run.

12 minutes ago, Purple Nurple said:

weren't those "replacement refs" that year as well? 

Ahahaha. Yes. The inter-touchdown-ception refs. Classic NFL. 

Edited by LosT_in_TranSlatioN

6 hours ago, Purple Nurple said:

Based on the commentary I believe so.

7 hours ago, Purple Nurple said:

Yes, they were....  I was at that game....  Sunday night... National TV

Glad they decided to extend the date. I was wondering why they wouldn't atleast wait until after the draft. This is the only place I know to come to discuss the draft. 

20 hours ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

I've watched NFL Network's combine coverage and the drafts and I can't stand all of the yuk-yuk that goes on. Every once in awhile you will actually get some decent insight on a player. I watch their NFL total access which seems to think there are only 3-4 teams in the NFL and it seems they are purposely targeting the LCD (lowest common denominator) with their antics.

You have to love it when an "analyst's" opinion starts with, "Dude need to get PAID!"

Why do you think this player can help team X? "Yo, dude is just a baller. You get this man here and he can do everything for you."

Gee thanks. Let me go drink about 10 beers so I can join in the fun and understand all the gibberish.

This is how I feel most of the articles on this site are written. They are written with (my opinion) a notion that the fans don't know anything about the players, the team, or the game of football. This is why I feel the message board community is so valuable because it allows for some more intellectual conversations.

As for, "Well, all the other teams are ditching their message boards..." Since when did the Ravens become followers and not leaders? Since when did we want to become just like everybody else?

Boy you nailed the NFL Network, it is geared to the 26 year old while alienating the older viewer.  Unwatchable for me.

Edited by DaveinMtAiry

5 hours ago, The Mom Gene said:

Yes, they were....  I was at that game....  Sunday night... National TV

Did you participate in the chant?

19 minutes ago, K-Dog said:

Anyone who says they didn't is probably lying.  :P

I saw senior citizens chanting away.  

1 hour ago, K-Dog said:

Why Yes, Yes I did.  Of course.

3 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

Anyone who says they didn't is probably lying.  :P

I saw senior citizens chanting away.  

1 hour ago, The Mom Gene said:

Why Yes, Yes I did.  Of course.

Nice....

:D

As I recall we were getting flagged for everything from shoe laces improperly tied to untrimmed nose hairs and the pats were,,,, well, the pats.

3 hours ago, K-Dog said:

Oh heck yes as well as my 70 something dad,lol

On 3/9/2017 at 5:37 PM, Inqui said:

If the higher-ups are curious as to why Facebook and Twitter aren't adequate options for intelligent discussion, here's your case in point.

IKR?!?!?!?!

I'd pay money to continue using these boards honestly. I rely on these boards for news and analysis over any other site or media, including the team site. 

I'd pay my share to keep the board going.  I don't post much because I don't watch college football, film, other NFL teams or NFL network (I, too, find it unwatchable).  Because of that, I mostly lurk, but enjoy the insights of many of the posters on here and enjoy participating when I have something relevant to add to the conversation.  Because I'm no longer living in Maryland, I enjoy the connection to the team that this board provides.  I'm disappointed that it's going away.

Really going to miss these boards. All of my Ravens memories are accompanied by memories of fan discussion on these boards. I haven't posted a lot but I always came here to get fresh takes from real fans on the latest Ravens news. Just want to thank all of you guys for contributing and really breaking down the game. These boards had some great contributors over the years and its a shame to see them being taken down.

Logged on just to say how disappointed I am to read this. I may not post here a whole lot these days, but when I have more free time I do usually visit the forums. I don't use social media, so this is one of the few places I actually converse with other fans. Guess I'll have to rely on other forums and/or find new ones. Shame. 

23 hours ago, Maryland said:

Logged on just to say how disappointed I am to read this. I may not post here a whole lot these days, but when I have more free time I do usually visit the forums. I don't use social media, so this is one of the few places I actually converse with other fans. Guess I'll have to rely on other forums and/or find new ones. Shame. 

Well, @BOLDnPurPnBlacK, created this forum that we're basically migrating to. Link's below.

http://baltimoreravens.boardhost.com/index.php

As others have said, I don't post much but I read daily, this is truly a bummer. I have since saved the link to the new forums to my phone but for some reason can't find a user sign up link/page. I see the log in page but nothing to become a member. Could this be because I'm using a mobIle device and not a computer? Sorry, not so tech savvy.

9 minutes ago, pcrash5 said:

As others have said, I don't post much but I read daily, this is truly a bummer. I have since saved the link to the new forums to my phone but for some reason can't find a user sign up link/page. I see the log in page but nothing to become a member. Could this be because I'm using a mobIle device and not a computer? Sorry, not so tech savvy.

There should be an option for switching to desktop format. For me, it is at the top of the page where there are three lines. If you tap that, then you'll be able to see the desktop option. There should be a place to register once you are there.