• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Admin 3

ANNOUNCEMENT: Boards Closing May 5 (New Date)

497 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Is the board no longer available through the app?

Just opened it up and its gone. 

It had been removed, but has since been added back there.

I would like rmcjacket23 to respond to the closing of his livelihood! 

Would you care to comment? 

The world is listening with bated breath.

15 minutes ago, jimmypowder said:

I would like rmcjacket23 to respond to the closing of his livelihood! 

Would you care to comment? 

The world is listening with bated breath.

@rmcjacket23, what say you?

17 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

@rmcjacket23, what say you?

It could be possible that the awful news of closing this forum has put him in a catatonic state requiring institutionalization. 

On 3/8/2017 at 9:42 PM, 52520Andrew said:

Oh right you still are bitter about a certain mess mess mess :P

I WILL GET MY REVENGENCE

1 hour ago, Admin 3 said:

BOARD CLOSURE DATE CHANGE

Thank you to everyone who has shared feedback on this thread. We wanted to ensure we provided ample notice to the community of the shutdown and originally felt that 3+ weeks was suitable. Also, with the NFL calendar now spanning 12 months, we realize that there is no "best" time to sunset the boards. However, with the amount of chatter that occurs during the free agency period and draft, we understand that March 31 may not be the ideal time to close the discussion.

With that in mind, we have decided to leave the message boards up and running through the draft. The new shutdown day will be Friday, May 5 -- one week following the NFL Draft. We realize that many will still be upset that the board is closing, but we hope this provides members an opportunity to continue the ongoing dialogue during this busy time of year.

Thank you so much

Just now, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I WILL GET MY REVENGENCE

Maybe when revengence becomed a word you might :P

Thank you to everyone who has shared feedback on this thread. We wanted to ensure we provided ample notice to the community of the shutdown and originally felt that 3+ weeks was suitable. Also, with the NFL calendar now spanning 12 months, we realize that there is no "best" time to sunset the boards. However, with the amount of chatter that occurs during the free agency period and draft, we understand that March 31 may not be the ideal time to close the discussion.

With that in mind, we have decided to leave the message boards up and running through the draft. The new shutdown day will be Friday, May 5 -- one week following the NFL Draft. We realize that many will still be upset that the board is closing, but we hope this provides members an opportunity to continue the ongoing dialogue during this busy time of year.

More time for the original post (now at -48) to break the negs record. ^_^ What's the record?

Thank you for the push back.

Overall premise remains the same..........

Just now, Static said:

Is it a money thing? I will donate. 

I share this sentiment. I would honestly do a $5 a month deal. 

Thank you.

I think this is better timing.  Never a good time to close the forum and I still think that the rationale to close it is a bit weak but this is the organization's decision and clearly not the fans and I don't think the fans were really considered in making this decision. I appreciate the Ravens' willingness to be flexible with their original timeline.

Please us the "Contact Us" button. Voice your displeasure straight to the owners. I have yet to see a post as to WHY. Mod 3 talked about traffic on FB and Twitter, and other factors but didn't really spell anything out. 

Bottom line, anyone in marketing or sales will talk about "Market share" and expansion. What are you saying to the fans when you cut out a piece to expand such? By playing a game in London? Well when we do and they google talk about the Ravens, instead of the official message board linked to the official page they're going to pull up Ravens247 and RSR. What kind of message are you sending? 

21 minutes ago, Purple Nurple said:

I share this sentiment. I would honestly do a $5 a month deal. 

The Baltimore Sun message board changed to a pay only and it killed it. That's when Filmstudy, Brian the cap guru and others all moved to RSR. It's a more active board than even here and is backed by RoFo and D&L window tinting anda few other sponsors for funds. 

1 minute ago, terrynjulia03 said:

The Baltimore Sun message board changed to a pay only and it killed it. That's when Filmstudy, Brian the cap guru and others all moved to RSR. It's a more active board than even here and is backed by RoFo and D&L window tinting anda few other sponsors for funds. 

I mean it doesn't have to be pay only. I would donate so others wouldn't have to. But is it really about the money? I just can't see it. 

So much for the hope of a April Fool's joke. Guess it really is shutting down in May, still baffled by it as forums are a great way of communicating with fans. Never understood why the bloggers(like Ryan Mink) never had accounts on here. After posting an article, they can come discuss it with us. On Operation Sports, people from EA Sports and 2K Sports have special accounts on their forums to interact with the players. 

2 hours ago, Admin 3 said:

Thank you. But, still, don't shut down the board.

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

So much for the hope of a April Fool's joke. Guess it really is shutting down in May, still baffled by it as forums are a great way of communicating with fans. Never understood why the bloggers(like Ryan Mink) never had accounts on here. After posting an article, they can come discuss it with us. On Operation Sports, people from EA Sports and 2K Sports have special accounts on their forums to interact with the players. 

They do have accounts, just don't participate here:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/staff/

Much appreciated.  Gotta be able to vent about how bad Ozzie's going to ruin the draft.

37 minutes ago, Static said:

Is it a money thing? I will donate. 

Yeah, how much does it cost? Any chance the admins can at least road test an option like that for a year to see if enough people donate to make it a viable self-sustaining option?

4 hours ago, Admin 3 said:

"We" being the Ravens front office. And we have reviewed, will continue to review and appreciate every comment posted here. However, the plan is still to sunset the boards.

Then let's move the board to Alaska where the sun never really sets.

3 hours ago, Willbacker said:

Bet you that area code starts off 555 lol

867-5309, I got your number. This is "Jenny," right?

4 hours ago, arnie_uk said:

"However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets."

That's not an acceptable reason to closing the boards.

And apparently their idea of a best was is to close down a place where a lot of the real fans actually try to follow their team. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot to me.

See that posters? All of our feedback has gained us an extra week. Maybe if we keep it up we can keep extending the time the boards stay up and running and convince them that NO time is a good time to "sunset" the boards.

3 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

See that posters? All of our feedback has gained us an extra week. Maybe if we keep it up we can keep extending the time the boards stay up and running and convince them that NO time is a good time to "sunset" the boards.

Extra month I believe.....

I still find it funny when the mod said "We, as in the Ravens front office". Somehow I seriously doubt the Biscuit and Oz and Harbaugh and Co are paying attention to if the message board stays open or not at this time of year. I'm guessing it's prob some pencil pusher that prob isn't even a fan that works in some IT office with a pocket protector and is in charge of line item reviews and scratched this one out so he/she can get a better quarter bonus. Sorry just the thought that popped in my head when nothing else makes sense. 

34 minutes ago, terrynjulia03 said:

Mod 3 talked about traffic on FB and Twitter, and other factors but didn't really spell anything out. 

That wasn't me.  I don't Facebook.  

7 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

That wasn't me.  I don't Facebook.  

Sorry. Maybe Mod 2? Whomever wrote out the explanation that really didn't explain much. Lol. No offense intended.