BR News

[News] 2017 Ravens Free Agency Rumor Mill

203 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, crazyboutravens said:

While it frustrates Ravens fans to lose guys we liked it really is why we are always
viewed as contenders. 49ers are a perfect example, they are going to pay 16 mil
to Garcon which is way to high and they don't even have a QB to throw to him.
That is why teams fail.

havent you heard? brian hoyer will be throwing passes to garcon now... maybe marquise goodwin too :TVWatchingSmiley:

Well, for a year, until they get Kirk Cousins.

Assuming they don't draft a QB early, of course.

What's with all the retreads lately? Torrey was good for us as a draft pick.

But, he had issues like all ravens wide receivers in getting separation when pressed in man coverage. We don't need more bad FA deals. If Torrey is less than 4 mil a year fine. Anything more than that you need to fill via the draft.

Early voting is in and it looks like another mediocre season. T Smith? Really? This is SAD.

At this point can we sign Boldin if we can get him for what the Lions gave him last year? He "only" caught 67 balls with 8 TD's. That would be a lot better then what T Smith is going to bring to the table. Can't wait for another 8-8 season. SAD.

What's with all the retreads lately? Torrey was good for us as a draft pick.

But, he had issues like all ravens wide receivers in getting separation when pressed in man coverage. We don't need more bad FA deals. If Torrey is less than 4 mil a year fine. Anything more than that you need to fill via the draft.

We don't need him at all. It's a waste of money and space. That's what we have Mike Wallace and Perriman for.

At this point can we sign Boldin if we can get him for what the Lions gave him last year? He "only" caught 67 balls with 8 TD's. That would be a lot better then what T Smith is going to bring to the table. Can't wait for another 8-8 season. SAD.

8-8? You are a truly optimistic guy!

He averaged 62 and 5 when he was here five years ago. Not sure why anybody would think he would produce better than that, based on something he did on another team.

Obviously also ignores the concept that teams rarely evaluated WRs based on TDs, given how extremely volatile that measurement is, and how unsustainable his reception/TD ratio was from last season.

And signing Torrey would have nothing to do with signing Boldin, because they have very different skill sets. We're looking for both those types of players, not one or the other.

The reason we consider signing Torrey is because we would dump Wallace when we do. You'd get the cheaper, younger receiver with practically the same skill sets.

In fact, that's how you open up cap space to sign the Boldin-like player, though I doubt it will be him.

juice is gone to the 49ers.....smh....if we sign t.smith i'm going to flip out...how are we going to get all these speed guys if 1 we abandon the run game again, 2 no separation from those guys and 3, a line that needs a center and RT smh

Ravens are currently 29th out of 32 teams in cap space availability. Patriots have 55 million compared to Ravens 12 million so get use to losing.

My only hope is since we are losing all our players, we don't panic and overpay for a one trick pony in Brandon Williams! That'll be the end of our ascension as a potential contender in the NFL. If we overpay B. Williams just to show we can retain our players no matter the cost, then we lose. Right player, right price Ozzie. That is who we are. Don't change.

juice is gone to the 49ers.....smh....if we sign t.smith i'm going to flip out...how are we going to get all these speed guys if 1 we abandon the run game again, 2 no separation from those guys and 3, a line that needs a center and RT smh

Don't flip out, because its happening imho. They'll end up cutting the one offensive weapon we had all last year - Mike Wallace for somebody that drops more than he catches. SMH. We are a lost cause.

1 minute ago, ellicottraven said:

My only hope is since we are losing all our players, we don't panic and overpay for a one trick pony in Brandon Williams! That'll be the end of our ascension as a potential contender in the NFL. If we overpay B. Williams just to show we can retain our players no matter the cost, then we lose. Right player, right price Ozzie. That is who we are. Don't change.

i dont think we will overpay him - thats not something ozzie has ever done with frontline free agents

Boldin apparently wants to sign with Detroit or he will retire.

8-8? That"s if a couple of teams get lost going to the stadium and don't show up.

Just now, Crusader said:

8-8? That"s if a couple of teams get lost going to the stadium and don't show up.

there's no point you watching next year then if you already know what's going to happen...

7 minutes ago, Crusader said:

there's no point you watching next year then if you already know what's going to happen...

Amen.

Ravens are currently 29th out of 32 teams in cap space availability. Patriots have 55 million compared to Ravens 12 million so get use to losing.

Implies there is a correlation between cap spending and winning, which there isn't...

Let me know the last time somebody won March and also won February.

Why keep Pitta even at a reduced salary? Disappointing. He's going to hold this offense up big time because for no fault of his he's unable to generate separation or gain yards after catch. On top of that he's had way too many drops recently. On the contrary, I would've loved to keep Dumervil because now we don't have a D nor do we have an O protecting a QB that is terrible without it.

Don't know who you been watching but dropped passes are not his problem.

FO continues to fail through again and again. If we do not manage to sign one of the top WRs we have failed the FA cause we have no managed to fill one hole that we needed to.

It's not over til it's over.

15 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Implies there is a correlation between cap spending and winning, which there isn't...

Let me know the last time somebody won March and also won February.

How about we look at the teams that manage the cap well and win. Ravens haven't done a real good job lately. If you want; compare the Pats who have virtually no loyalty to the Ravens, who have paid high prices and long-term contracts and now are paying for it. No pun intended.

My God why is the team official website the most negative place on the entire Internet to discuss the ravens, short of a Steelers forum.   I'm almost glad they're closing down the message board so I'm not tempted is read this crap

Just now, bioLarzen said:

Is it "fire everybody - but mainly Ozzie" time yet?

no

Just now, ByTheBay said:

My God why is the team official website the most negative place on the entire Internet to discuss the ravens, short of a Steelers forum.   I'm almost glad they're closing down the message board so I'm not tempted is read this crap

i think even steelers fans would feel better about the ravens because while they hate us they respect us - just like i respect the way their front office is operating

See Ya fellow fans , I enjoyed our time discussing our Ravens. Yes I have complained , Yes I have thought I should be the coach and GM, Yes this board was just for enjoyment, but remember I will always Ride with My RAVENS ,,Win or Lose they are the best franchise in all of Pro Sports... God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boards closing on April 1st, eh.  There's an old band of folks from espy days over on thesidelinereport.com, for those interested.  Not as classy as this forum, however.

I just heard that we've signed Tony Jefferson.

Let's get that done
Grab Zach Brown for ILB.
Maybe Mangold
and move onto the draft is what I'm thinkin
I like logan Ryan, but Im thinking that would prevent us from drafting a corner at 16

15 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

He averaged 62 and 5 when he was here five years ago. Not sure why anybody would think he would produce better than that, based on something he did on another team.

Obviously also ignores the concept that teams rarely evaluated WRs based on TDs, given how extremely volatile that measurement is, and how unsustainable his reception/TD ratio was from last season.

And signing Torrey would have nothing to do with signing Boldin, because they have very different skill sets. We're looking for both those types of players, not one or the other.

The reason we consider signing Torrey is because we would dump Wallace when we do. You'd get the cheaper, younger receiver with practically the same skill sets.

In fact, that's how you open up cap space to sign the Boldin-like player, though I doubt it will be him.

Exactly. Torreys  younger and will cost about half. Wallace tapered off in the second half of last year and Torrey obviously only struggled BC of piss poor qb play. Why not save 4 mill in cap space, get basically the same player who also happens to have a rapport with joe- and use those savings to make another signing.