BR News

[News] 2017 Ravens Free Agency Rumor Mill

203 posts in this topic

I guess if they have to go, they go big (overpaid or not) so the team gets a good comp pick like with Osemele. I'm not sure what the exact comp pick formula is but it seems the Ravens would get a 3 and 4 OR maybe two 3s? Alex Lewis next man up...

Edited by RavensFanThick&Thin

Throwback, I wouldnt be bashing Wagner that much I mean I dont know how much stock you put into pff but I put some stock into it. Wagner has been a top 5 RT over his Ravens career

Now I understand Ravens dont have money to keep all these guys unless they cut half the team.
As far as Oline, you have Stanley,Yanda, Lewis either kicked out to RT or stay at G. Now your going to need another Center and another T/G (Draft)

which ever team that signs Wagner better hope they have a Yanda-esque RG to prop him up. buyer beware, glad the ravens wont overpay for him

If Wagner goes, they could really benefit from FA Mangold: solid O-line with only RT as a Q.

We just cut KLewis and SWright so we should have cleared a little more cap room getting ready for Friday... (probably the first of several to come)

29 minutes ago, Raven in ATL said:

which ever team that signs Wagner better hope they have a Yanda-esque RG to prop him up. buyer beware, glad the ravens wont overpay for him

tbf to wagner he played well for the 2nd half of the season next to vlad ducasse...

Wagner was pretty good despite what y'all might think. Problem is Ravens had issues finding good RTs before using a 1st rounder on Oher. We're still trying to draft our future pass rushers and safeties from needs that were 2 years ago and and counting.

Overpaying is not good, but the inability to replace players that leave with free agent busts and less than stellar drafts is not good either.

good riddance to Wagner, someone will overpay for him. The guy I would have like to have kept is Williams.

Throwback, I wouldnt be bashing Wagner that much I mean I dont know how much stock you put into pff but I put some stock into it. Wagner has been a top 5 RT over his Ravens career

Exactly. Not sure where the misguided conceptions of his play stem from. He has been a solid RT in and out. Now the market being what it is for RT, Wagner is lined up to cash in. Ravens I am certain offered him a solid offer, just not excessive, which is being smart. There are times to spend big and times to hold the line. Just like real life you can't overspend all the time without paying for it eventually. Balancing your budget is what allows you to occasionally spend big when the right opportunity presents itself.

If Wagner goes, they could really benefit from FA Mangold: solid O-line with only RT as a Q.

IF Wagner goes, expect to see Alex Lewis kick out to RT. IT also would provide more flexibility in the draft. The could draft a RT or a G, depending who they like and who is available. I would think they draft a G, as it is much simpler to make the transition. Alex Lewis played T and has shown he can hold his own. More opportunities to further develop the skills for T will only benefit him. He also lined up next to Stanley who is a beast and technician, so he has a good counter par to learn from.

There is a forum post about potential Raven free agent walk-aways and in that post I guessed that both Brandon William and Rick Wagner would walk. Not because the Ravens don't like them, but they can't afford to sign them what some other team will be happy to stuff their wallets with.

It helps that Micheal Pierce showed up like he did and that we still have Carl Davis and Willie Henry in house, plus I am sure the Ravens will pick up another body in the later rounds of the draft or get some UDFA.

The Ravens like the idea of Alex Lewis at RT and he will sort of be forced to do this when Wagner breaks the bank. That leaves a guard spot open. I know Yanda says he wants to go back to RG next season but I think for the good of the team he should stay at LG. I think it is easier to find a rookie/vet to play RG than LG and I don't like the idea of two rather young guys on the blind side of Flacco. Stanley played better with Yanda next to him than he did with Alex Lewis next to him.

D.J. Fluker was just released and coming off of a down year after coming back from an injury. He's big, strong, nasty and is more of a RG/RT. Not sure what his market will be, but he's only 25 and might be a value signing.

First priority of free agency has to be signing Brandon Marshall. Get it done. Not to mention we still have so many cuts to be made. I doubt many Ravens fans are thinking about it at all but I wish we would sign my boy Calais Campbell

First priority of free agency has to be signing Brandon Marshall. Get it done. Not to mention we still have so many cuts to be made. I doubt many Ravens fans are thinking about it at all but I wish we would sign my boy Calais Campbell

he's already agreed to terms with the giants

Just gonna toss this out there: DT: Dontari Poe. He is one of the strongest guys out there and before having a back injury he was a very good player. He's had an injury marred season and last season was his first one back from the injury and he under performed. Might be a 1 year "let's see" contract to re-establish his market.

Bye Wagner. Bye Juice. Bye Williams. Bye Brandon Marshall. Bye Pierre Garcon too??

They can all be replaced.Its been quite at the Ravens Facility for a Reason I thing they have their eye on Jefferson at safety and mangold at center

Hurst was offered a 4th round tender. This is positive proof there are major issues either in the front office or the coaching staff. This guy is horrible and if we put him at right tackle next year then it is time to clean house. Not the players but the coaches and the front office. I don't know what they are smoking or what they see in Hurst but all I see is a horrible football player that caused our franchise qb to be injured and is personally responsible for Flacco last year as he was still recovering from his Hurst induced injury. Can't get better without people who don't have the ability to gauge talent and I can't see anymore proof that this is happening by this transaction alone. Cant win by offering high round tenders on crappy players.

There is a forum post about potential Raven free agent walk-aways and in that post I guessed that both Brandon William and Rick Wagner would walk. Not because the Ravens don't like them, but they can't afford to sign them what some other team will be happy to stuff their wallets with.

It helps that Micheal Pierce showed up like he did and that we still have Carl Davis and Willie Henry in house, plus I am sure the Ravens will pick up another body in the later rounds of the draft or get some UDFA.

The Ravens like the idea of Alex Lewis at RT and he will sort of be forced to do this when Wagner breaks the bank. That leaves a guard spot open. I know Yanda says he wants to go back to RG next season but I think for the good of the team he should stay at LG. I think it is easier to find a rookie/vet to play RG than LG and I don't like the idea of two rather young guys on the blind side of Flacco. Stanley played better with Yanda next to him than he did with Alex Lewis next to him.

D.J. Fluker was just released and coming off of a down year after coming back from an injury. He's big, strong, nasty and is more of a RG/RT. Not sure what his market will be, but he's only 25 and might be a value signing.

No the ravens want to keep lewis at LG to help protect flacco's blind side when you lose a RT you get a RT you don't start moving guys out of position that just makes thing worse and the ravens have a couple of RT's that are big and athletic that they like don't worrie if we lose some one they will find a replacement

5 minutes ago, jsarrocohome@yahoo.com said:

No the ravens want to keep lewis at LG to help protect flacco's blind side when you lose a RT you get a RT you don't start moving guys out of position that just makes thing worse and the ravens have a couple of RT's that are big and athletic that they like don't worrie if we lose some one they will find a replacement

Funny, because the Ravens think Lewis' best position might actually be RT. He was playing LG (out of position) out of necessity. I honestly don't think he was a good fit at LG and starting two rookies on the blind side was a bad idea. No surprise to me that the team improved when Yanda went to LG.

I rely on the eyeball test!

Best WR free agents are off the market. Torrey Smith is a duplicate of the speed guys Wallace and Perriman so I look for Ravens to cut Wallace if they re-sign Torrey Smith. I then look for them to grab combine phenom John Ross as I have seen him in many mock drafts going to the Ravens. That would give them 3 burners but no possession receiver unless they surprise us all and resign Aiken who may be the best WR on the free agent market right now since the big name possession receivers are gone.

1 hour ago, jsarrocohome@yahoo.com said:

Funny, because the Ravens think Lewis' best position might actually be RT. He was playing LG (out of position) out of necessity. I honestly don't think he was a good fit at LG and starting two rookies on the blind side was a bad idea. No surprise to me that the team improved when Yanda went to LG.

I don't care what they think their was just a report out this week that said the ravens want to keep lewis at LG to have a solid Left side of line which to me makes perfect sense

Best WR free agents are off the market. Torrey Smith is a duplicate of the speed guys Wallace and Perriman so I look for Ravens to cut Wallace if they re-sign Torrey Smith. I then look for them to grab combine phenom John Ross as I have seen him in many mock drafts going to the Ravens. That would give them 3 burners but no possession receiver unless they surprise us all and resign Aiken who may be the best WR on the free agent market right now since the big name possession receivers are gone.

how many burners does one team need? we need possession receivers. the hope is perriman can become the all around receiver we have lacked

Zach Brown coming to Baltimore to play beside CJ???? It sucks losing a chance at Marshall and Garcon... makes re-signing Mike Wallace more imminent. Wagner is gone... wonder if a deal to get Kevin Zietler could be realistic... having Zietler and Yanda at Gs would allow us to push Alex Lewis out to T- With Ronnie Stanley manning the other T that would be a pretty sick OL