ant2ney

Reuben Foster 'incident' at the combine

83 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, rmw10 said:

This isn't true though.  Plenty of people with normal drinking habits can turn in a diluted sample.

mine came with a pretty average amount of water and a lot of arizona green tea, which i have always drank a lot of. and it is quite the diuretic.

the NFL is so stupid with this garbage. His piss is too clear? So he loses millions before he even gets a chance to earn it? Garbage system. Fall to Baltimore Please.

Really gotta trust him to take him now since he's in the substance abuse program and is going to be tested more often. 

6 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Agreed.

The series of events or coincidences that would need to take place to get a diluted sample naturally are honestly hard to do... and as you said, if it is an honest mistake will be proven so 99.9% of the time with a 2nd test.

You literally have to be downing water at a really high rate leading right up to the minute you take the test to naturally come up with a diluted sample.

Sidenote -- didnt jernigan have a diluted test at the combine? Or am i thinking of someone else?

It was Jernigan. 

I'll be real honest, he's off my board. LOVED the player but his path reminds me too much to Rolando McClain.

Bad circle around him. Love the party scene and seems like a liar to me. "I was sick I drank too much". or This will enver happen again bullcrap

I'll just say what Ray once said : Show me your friends and I'll show you your future. and right now Foster is like McClain or T. Richardson. His head isn't 100% in the game

Edited by KBoum

11 hours ago, BSHU_Miami said:

the NFL is so stupid with this garbage. His piss is too clear? So he loses millions before he even gets a chance to earn it? Garbage system. Fall to Baltimore Please.

You don't have piss too clear by mistake. I already took some pee tests and if its too clear right away they'll ask another one. You need maybe to drink something to hide other things. I'll just leave it at that but I have  pretty good idea of what went down there

If you read what the report said via score mobile, he said something along the lines of that he is not a people pleaser, he is a coach pleaser. After a few coaches mentioned him possibly weighing in too small at the combine, he then drank a bunch of water and ate a bunch of food to the point he almost threw up to get a heavier weigh in. 

Luckily Ozzie is in the shoes to get the full reports on him. I think he goes round 1. I would be ecstatic with him at #16. 

1 hour ago, trevorsteadman said:

If you read what the report said via score mobile, he said something along the lines of that he is not a people pleaser, he is a coach pleaser. After a few coaches mentioned him possibly weighing in too small at the combine, he then drank a bunch of water and ate a bunch of food to the point he almost threw up to get a heavier weigh in. 

Luckily Ozzie is in the shoes to get the full reports on him. I think he goes round 1. I would be ecstatic with him at #16. 

Even if he drank 4 gallons of water RIGHT before his test, the tester would see right away his piss is too clear and would ask for a second sample like 1 hour later and he couldnt leave the room. I don't get the I drank lots of water to bulk up, it has no sense. This wouldnt be a failed or positive test, they would just take another test. Sounds to me he drank something to cover something else or he manipulated the sample, which is almost impossible because when you take a test, they need to see your hands at ALL time. Unless this isn't the same at the combine for whatever reasons. Why in the world an adviser would tell a prospect to drink lots of water so he would be a little more heavier (like what 5 lbs ?) if this could result in a failed test, which means a lower draft rank, which means LOT Less millions. Who would spit on millions for 5 lbs ? Teams aren't that stupid. If he was really sick and lost bunch of weight, you tell teams and they weight you at your Visit or Proday or whatever and you normally gain the weight really easily.

Thats just a bunch of bullcrap by a liar to me. I wouldn't draft him in the 1st thats for sure

4 minutes ago, KBoum said:

Even if he drank 4 gallons of water RIGHT before his test, the tester would see right away his piss is too clear and would ask for a second sample like 1 hour later and he couldnt leave the room. I don't get the I drank lots of water to bulk up, it has no sense. This wouldnt be a failed or positive test, they would just take another test. Sounds to me he drank something to cover something else or he manipulated the sample, which is almost impossible because when you take a test, they need to see your hands at ALL time. Unless this isn't the same at the combine for whatever reasons. Why in the world an adviser would tell a prospect to drink lots of water so he would be a little more heavier (like what 5 lbs ?) if this could result in a failed test, which means a lower draft rank, which means LOT Less millions. Who would spit on millions for 5 lbs ? Teams aren't that stupid. If he was really sick and lost bunch of weight, you tell teams and they weight you at your Visit or Proday or whatever and you normally gain the weight really easily.

Thats just a bunch of bullcrap by a liar to me. I wouldn't draft him in the 1st thats for sure

I disagree he is a top 5 talent he will still likely go before the Ravens pick. If he is there at #16 his name will be on the card. No advisor told him anything he did this on his own. 5 pounds sometimes does mean a lot to a team. It sounds like the drug test is a one and done thing at the combine from what I read. It all just recently came out too and the combine was over a month ago.

36 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

I disagree he is a top 5 talent he will still likely go before the Ravens pick. If he is there at #16 his name will be on the card. No advisor told him anything he did this on his own. 5 pounds sometimes does mean a lot to a team. It sounds like the drug test is a one and done thing at the combine from what I read. It all just recently came out too and the combine was over a month ago.

My problem isn't only the drug test, but his lifestyle outside the football field. Yes I agree he is a top5-10 talent. Just like Rolando McClain was or maybe Trent Richardson but all of them had a toxic circle of people around them. We are talking about a guy, who's got a big AU tattoo on himself because he committed to Auburn but then changed his mind and joined Alabama. Also a guy who loves to party so unless he proves drastic improvements, I wouldn't draft him in the top 16 pick. Then again, Ozzie is the right guy to make the call, he's got great info coming from Bama I'm just stating my opinion.

Edited by KBoum

Foster is borderline top 5 to 10 prospect. If he is there at 16 and Ozzie gets the thumbs up from Savannah and Co., then no doubt he will be a Raven. 

Only players I have ranked higher than him are Garrett, Hooker, Adams, Barnett, Allen and Fournette. 

25 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Foster is borderline top 5 to 10 prospect. If he is there at 16 and Ozzie gets the thumbs up from Savannah and Co., then no doubt he will be a Raven. 

Only players I have ranked higher than him are Garrett, Hooker, Adams, Barnett, Allen and Fournette. 

So if Barnett is there too...  you take Barnett?

According to Tony Pauline, a team that was planning on taking Foster in the middle of round 1 has backed off after the diluted sample, apparently because of both "horrible behavior" and "concussion issues."

Not sure if its worth paying attention to, but definitely could be a big factor in seeing where he goes in the draft. 

4 hours ago, KBoum said:

My problem isn't only the drug test, but his lifestyle outside the football field. Yes I agree he is a top5-10 talent. Just like Rolando McClain was or maybe Trent Richardson but all of them had a toxic circle of people around them. We are talking about a guy, who's got a big AU tattoo on himself because he committed to Auburn but then changed his mind and joined Alabama. Also a guy who loves to party so unless he proves drastic improvements, I wouldn't draft him in the top 16 pick. Then again, Ozzie is the right guy to make the call, he's got great info coming from Bama I'm just stating my opinion.

Maybe I have just missed it, but how do you know who he hangs out with?  Tattoos and changing his mind on the biggest decision of his life are hardly reasons to not draft someone.  Let's not forget this is football we are talking about; you don't want a bunch of choir boys out there.  I don't think there's any way he gets past 16.

4 hours ago, KBoum said:

Gronk loves to party too and he hasn't been  a issue for The Patriots but a player that loves to party doesn't seem like a problem to me.  I honestly wouldn't really like the pick that much if The Ravens drafted Foster in the first because what does that leave a guy like Correa to do  and then it may mean re-signing  Webb was pointless .

Edited by jazz1988

11 minutes ago, jazz1988 said:

Gronk loves to party too and he hasn't been  a issue for The Patriots but a player that loves to party doesn't seem like a problem to me.  I honestly wouldn't really like the pick that much if The Ravens drafted Foster in the first because what does that leave a guy like Correa to do  and then it may mean re-signing  Webb was pointless .

As a former party person, all it takes is a little pay raise and the wrong friends for partying to spiral completely out of control. This is an issue with all college kids, but if a player is showing temperament issues, POTENTIAL(key word) drug issues, and is rumored to be a party boy and is surrounded by the wrong crowd, it's definitely s cause for concern

3 hours ago, jboy19 said:

According to Tony Pauline, a team that was planning on taking Foster in the middle of round 1 has backed off after the diluted sample, apparently because of both "horrible behavior" and "concussion issues."

Not sure if its worth paying attention to, but definitely could be a big factor in seeing where he goes in the draft. 

Imo, I think this team is the Colts

22 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Imo, I think this team is the Colts

If it's actually true, I'd be more worried about the concussions than the behavior. But this whole kind of saga has a pattern that somewhat frightens me though. I can't really make calls from the outside looking in, but if the Ravens take him, I'll definitely be hoping that they've done their homework on the kid. 

I'm really not saying this is the case, but I've been in the football world a long time to know when it can be a problem. Once again I don't know Foster and I'm not saying if this was the case here... but what I learned about Foster is that he tends to make irrational decisions based on certain moods. 

And what I've learn over the years with sports players :

Party + alcohol + money = drugs.

Drugs can lead to diluated samples.

I'm not saying this is Foster case, not at all. But he fits the mold and that scares me. Thats why teams wanted to interview him and I heard he had some bad interviews and bad temper. Impulsive people will be impulsive in anything in life. Training, drinking, gambling, working. When you have a pattern of a player not making the right decision because of impulsive behavior, it HAS to raise a red flag. Thats what I brought the tattoo thing. Its useless, but it showed once again an impulsive behavior.

Once again he also have some problem with his rotator in his shoulder and might require another surgery. (Just like Shaw Lawson last season). We all know how it went down for Lawson right ? They said pretty much the same thing at the combine. 

So when you add the behavior, the health concerns, the impulsive decisions with the diluated sample... thats a lot of red flags. I've heard he could fall as far as 40-50th pick. It would SURPRISE me a lot but last year I was kinda surprise on Myles Jack fall as well. Teams know more than we do.

3 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

As a former party person, all it takes is a little pay raise and the wrong friends for partying to spiral completely out of control. This is an issue with all college kids, but if a player is showing temperament issues, POTENTIAL(key word) drug issues, and is rumored to be a party boy and is surrounded by the wrong crowd, it's definitely s cause for concern

I definitely agree with this. The risk are there and I wouldn't be surprise to see foster fall out of the first round.

18 minutes ago, KBoum said:

I'm really not saying this is the case, but I've been in the football world a long time to know when it can be a problem. Once again I don't know Foster and I'm not saying if this was the case here... but what I learned about Foster is that he tends to make irrational decisions based on certain moods. 

And what I've learn over the years with sports players :

Party + alcohol + money = drugs.

Drugs can lead to diluated samples.

I'm not saying this is Foster case, not at all. But he fits the mold and that scares me. Thats why teams wanted to interview him and I heard he had some bad interviews and bad temper. Impulsive people will be impulsive in anything in life. Training, drinking, gambling, working. When you have a pattern of a player not making the right decision because of impulsive behavior, it HAS to raise a red flag. Thats what I brought the tattoo thing. Its useless, but it showed once again an impulsive behavior.

Once again he also have some problem with his rotator in his shoulder and might require another surgery. (Just like Shaw Lawson last season). We all know how it went down for Lawson right ? They said pretty much the same thing at the combine. 

So when you add the behavior, the health concerns, the impulsive decisions with the diluated sample... thats a lot of red flags. I've heard he could fall as far as 40-50th pick. It would SURPRISE me a lot but last year I was kinda surprise on Myles Jack fall as well. Teams know more than we do.

Does seem to me that this could be a Myles Jack falling and yes a diluted sample to me means he's covering something. ILB is not a position we need to draft in the 1st rd regardless.

5 hours ago, Willbacker said:

Does seem to me that this could be a Myles Jack falling and yes a diluted sample to me means he's covering something. ILB is not a position we need to draft in the 1st rd regardless.

I'd honestly like to see what Correa or Onwuasor can do at ILB and live with the potentially disastrous result than spend a first round pick on an ILB, especially one with the issues Foster may have. It's a luxury pick when you consider how you can plug in a guy like Orr and get good results thanks to Mosley attracting blockers. 

7 hours ago, Maryland said:

I'd honestly like to see what Correa or Onwuasor can do at ILB and live with the potentially disastrous result than spend a first round pick on an ILB, especially one with the issues Foster may have. It's a luxury pick when you consider how you can plug in a guy like Orr and get good results thanks to Mosley attracting blockers. 

Anyway lets face it the Ravens don't play typicak 3-4 anymore. They play Nickle 70% of the time so with Mosley you need another LB who can move well and play the run as well as the pass. Thats why I think we might see Jefferson play more LB than we think and Webb back out there with Weddle. Jefferson played some LB snaps as well last year.

and since half of the season last year, the Ravens played 4-3 Under vs 2 WRs formations