ant2ney

Reuben Foster 'incident' at the combine

83 posts in this topic

Foster has been sent home from the combine due to some sort argument with a hospital worker. 

This could be an interesting development for the Ravens. Naturally there is talk he might slide but I read that team interviews have not happened yet, so no team will get to question him on the matter.

With Ozzie Newsomes connections at Alabama he may be able to get comfortable with the situation whereby other teams may not want to take the risk.

Along with the shoulder injury, there could be a real chance he drops, maybe even we pass on him

Edited by ant2ney
Typo

the ravens wont pass on him, unless the bama coaching staff tells ozzie straight up that the kids a headcase. 

i still doubt he falls past cincinnati who love themselves a good headcase and need a LB anyway, and even if cinci goes another direction, pretty much every team after them could use a LB, saints, browns, colts, eagles, cardinals, all of them would have a hard time passing on a guy like foster. 

the kids a generational talent, this isnt a vontaze burfict case where he had 3 seasons of absolute boneheaded and hotheaded film, and then proceeded to have possibly the worst combine of all time and then seemingly sabotaged himself in the interview process... reuben foster is lightyears ahead of burfict in terms of talent and character, even if foster has off the field issues at least he isnt on tape headhunting and cussing out coaches and refs.

It will turn out that Foster got mad because of the rough medical on his surgically repaired shoulder. If it was a very serious incident, why didn't they send him packing on Thursday, when it happened? If it wasn't that serious, why send him home at all? He wasn't going to participate in drills, has been measured, done the interviews and apparently was going to do medical, too until somebody squeezed little too hard.

2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

the ravens wont pass on him, unless the bama coaching staff tells ozzie straight up that the kids a headcase. 

i still doubt he falls past cincinnati who love themselves a good headcase and need a LB anyway, and even if cinci goes another direction, pretty much every team after them could use a LB, saints, browns, colts, eagles, cardinals, all of them would have a hard time passing on a guy like foster. 

the kids a generational talent, this isnt a vontaze burfict case where he had 3 seasons of absolute boneheaded and hotheaded film, and then proceeded to have possibly the worst combine of all time and then seemingly sabotaged himself in the interview process... reuben foster is lightyears ahead of burfict in terms of talent and character, even if foster has off the field issues at least he isnt on tape headhunting and cussing out coaches and refs.

Agreed. Was more really making that point that the Ravens may have an advantage over the other 31 teams regarding information about the guy. Some teams may feel like they aren't able to fully evaluate him properly and can't take the risk with a high pick. The Ravens may be able to fill in the gaps with Ozzies Alabama connections.

3 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I'm with you if he is on the list of available prospects, we won't have to wonder who the pick is going to be. Mosley and Foster controlling the intermediate field and between the hashes would make it nearly impossible to throw. It will limit the area the defensive backs have to cover and allow massive flexibility. As well as intimidating receivers and RB

Just now, PurpleHorseman said:

I'm with you if he is on the list of available prospects, we won't have to wonder who the pick is going to be. Mosley and Foster controlling the intermediate field and between the hashes would make it nearly impossible to throw. It will limit the area the defensive backs have to cover and allow massive flexibility. As well as intimidating receivers and RB

suggs, mosley, foster, and judon would make for the best 34 LB group possibly in the league. we wouldnt have the pass rush of a denver, but both of our ILBs would be a real threat to blitz or drop back and would make for a lot of confusion and big plays. it would be so much fun to watch, and as much as i love mosley, if for any reason we cant afford him because he demands too much on the market then we wont have to worry about it. because he is likely gonna set the ILB market after his 5th year and put it at a record high, thats a lot of pressure on a franchise whos always cap strapped to dedicate historic money to an ILB.

3 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

suggs, mosley, foster, and judon would make for the best 34 LB group possibly in the league. we wouldnt have the pass rush of a denver, but both of our ILBs would be a real threat to blitz or drop back and would make for a lot of confusion and big plays. it would be so much fun to watch, and as much as i love mosley, if for any reason we cant afford him because he demands too much on the market then we wont have to worry about it. because he is likely gonna set the ILB market after his 5th year and put it at a record high, thats a lot of pressure on a franchise whos always cap strapped to dedicate historic money to an ILB.

I think Mosley will get extended early. You do that the players usually give a slight discount. And accept a fair deal as opposed to squeezing every single nickel. I'm not one to talk lol I'm in process of a new job for a 30 percent raise. I was offered 15 percent to remain but decided to take the new job. So I'm actually leaving for a 15 percent raise because why did it take somebody offering me more to give me a raise at all. 

And I think that is how NFL players feel. Why wait untill somebody is about to offer a big contract to extend me?  Then ask me to keep with the team at the last minute for a discount. Wagner probably feels a little disrespected the ravens are now trying to sign him when he is about to be offered a big contract that sets market value. Ravens should try to extend Mosley at the end of next season.

43 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I think Mosley will get extended early. You do that the players usually give a slight discount. And accept a fair deal as opposed to squeezing every single nickel. I'm not one to talk lol I'm in process of a new job for a 30 percent raise. I was offered 15 percent to remain but decided to take the new job. So I'm actually leaving for a 15 percent raise because why did it take somebody offering me more to give me a raise at all. 

And I think that is how NFL players feel. Why wait untill somebody is about to offer a big contract to extend me?  Then ask me to keep with the team at the last minute for a discount. Wagner probably feels a little disrespected the ravens are now trying to sign him when he is about to be offered a big contract that sets market value. Ravens should try to extend Mosley at the end of next season.

I think that will be the approach as well but you never know. We could be a disaster by then and he might think he's got a better chance elsewhere for more money too. You never know, insurance is always nice to have. 

That said, I wanna mention I think the odds are very slim that cj even sniffs free agency, but you can't rule out anything completely

8 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Having foster and Mosley would be insane. We would have best ILB duo hands down 

Maybe ever

After seeing the details of the incident (per Robert Klemko), I don't want the Ravens to touch him. Seems like a headcase. 

1 hour ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

It would probably be the best combo of ILBs in Ravens history. As great as Ray was he never really got paired with an all star. You could even make an argument that Mosley and Orr were the best combination in Ravens' history, and Foster is definitely an upgrade over Orr.

I was watching parts and pieces of the Combine and I couldn't help but notice on the ticker was Bucky Brooks's mock and it had Foster at 27. From what you guys say about Foster's talent, the only way he could fall that much is either a severe injury or he does something incredibly stupid.

4 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

I was watching parts and pieces of the Combine and I couldn't help but notice on the ticker was Bucky Brooks's mock and it had Foster at 27. From what you guys say about Foster's talent, the only way he could fall that much is either a severe injury or he does something incredibly stupid.

Brooks' mock was awful in general.I think he changed up a lot of things in a nonsensical way purely to get people talking about it.

1 minute ago, RaineV1 said:

Brooks' mock was awful in general.I think he changed up a lot of things in a nonsensical way purely to get people talking about it.

For a brief moment, it looked like he mocked Ross to us, but he'd definitely be a great fit for the other birds in Pennsylvania. Was Ross always considered a first rounder?

37 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

For a brief moment, it looked like he mocked Ross to us, but he'd definitely be a great fit for the other birds in Pennsylvania. Was Ross always considered a first rounder?

I think he's generally been considered the third best receiver after Davis and Williams for awhile, which means he'll probably go in the first. Too many teams want a big play receiver, and he was seen as one of the fastest even before the combine.

55 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

Yes he was. Anywhere from mid first to early round 2. The question I have is can he be a high volume slot receiver that catches 10 a game between the hash?  If he is then he would be an excellent rare weapon. Could imagine Julian Edelman Kendall Wright short to intermediate separation and high volume yet with his speed to take the top off the defense? It would be like Edelman with 4.2 speed and athleticism to get deep and climb the ladder deep

20 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

So if Foster is there should we take him even with the incident? He has a legit chance to fall to 16. So it is something management has to consider.

15 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

It would probably be the best combo of ILBs in Ravens history. As great as Ray was he never really got paired with an all star. You could even make an argument that Mosley and Orr were the best combination in Ravens' history, and Foster is definitely an upgrade over Orr.

Ray just a few years past his prime with Bart Scott I'd say was a hell of a duo

1 hour ago, RaineV1 said:

I think he's generally been considered the third best receiver after Davis and Williams for awhile, which means he'll probably go in the first. Too many teams want a big play receiver, and he was seen as one of the fastest even before the combine.

I was expecting a low to mid 4.3 from Ross. i don't buy the 40 time hype for the most part but an already first round prospect running a 4.22 with a cramp is gonna make his stock soar. 

I could see philly taking him regardless of williams and Davis, I'm sure they would love to have that speed to open up the field for wentz and let him use that big arm for what it's meant for. 

1 hour ago, GENIUSofFF said:

Yes he was. Anywhere from mid first to early round 2. The question I have is can he be a high volume slot receiver that catches 10 a game between the hash?  If he is then he would be an excellent rare weapon. Could imagine Julian Edelman Kendall Wright short to intermediate separation and high volume yet with his speed to take the top off the defense? It would be like Edelman with 4.2 speed and athleticism to get deep and climb the ladder deep

So if Foster is there should we take him even with the incident? He has a legit chance to fall to 16. So it is something management has to consider.

if foster is there i think the ravens sprint to the podium. this incident is a whole bunch of nothing and hes the type of player that IF he falls for any reason the ravens wouldnt pass on, hes a top 5 talent, hes on the same tier as garrett, allen, and adams, just at a less valuable position. the ravens dont let those kinds of guys slip past over one small incident. foster has been a team leader for his whole career at alabama, and im sure ozzie would get enough insider info from the coaches down there. 

i HIGHLY doubt he falls to 16 anyway, hes too good, the only way he would fall to 16 is if coaches told NFL GMs that he is an undraftable headcase, which clearly isnt true.

3 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

Al Davis surely would be smiling right now.

2 hours ago, GENIUSofFF said:

Man...if he isn't a Raven, I hope he goes to an NFC team. 

20 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

bart scott ?

2 hours ago, Tru11 said:

bart scott ?

Scott was good, but didn't have a great range. He made up for that with very good instincts that allowed him to know where to be right away to not get caught out of position, but was still a liability against the pass if he got behind a WR/TE/RB and couldn't catch them. He probably would have struggled a little bit like Ray did in his older years if the Ravens didn't have as good of a passrush as they did (thanks largely to a young Suggs) and one of the greatest safeties ever behind him. So, I would take Mosley and Orr over Ray and Scott if we've talking combinations rather than just individual players.

4 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

Scott was good, but didn't have a great range. He made up for that with very good instincts that allowed him to know where to be right away to not get caught out of position, but was still a liability against the pass if he got behind a WR/TE/RB and couldn't catch them. He probably would have struggled a little bit like Ray did in his older years if the Ravens didn't have as good of a passrush as they did (thanks largely to a young Suggs) and one of the greatest safeties ever behind him. So, I would take Mosley and Orr over Ray and Scott if we've talking combinations rather than just individual players.

you dont need range when you have very good instincts.

range is useless if you dont have any instincts though.

id take very good instincts over range at all times unless im talking madden lol.

If Foster falls to the Ravens at 16 Ozzie better not trip running up that card. Foster on this team would make this team the best defense in the league like it was most the season last season. He is so so so so good.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:19 AM, RavensDieHard21 said:

I don't know...

If it was 15 years ago, having two stud Linebackers like Ray Lewis and Peter Boulware would've wrecked offenses.

However, it is a passing league and it seems Old-school LBs are going away with coverage WLB or Moneybackers like Mark Barron and Deone Buchanon.

On March 4, 2017 at 9:26 AM, RaineV1 said:

I agree with this as far as neither one would drag down the other. Mosley has finally come into his own by boosting his ability in pass pro. 

Mosley and Foster can both stuff the run. That are both great tacklers and play very well in coverage. CJ has extremely high football IQ and Foster seems to at least to some extent too. Whatever Foster might lack there he makes up for in closing speed and insane hit power. Orr was great in pass protection, but I think that Foster would put fear in players coming over the middle. 

On March 9, 2017 at 3:30 AM, Yatagarasu said:

I don't know...

If it was 15 years ago, having two stud Linebackers like Ray Lewis and Peter Boulware would've wrecked offenses.

However, it is a passing league and it seems Old-school LBs are going away with coverage WLB or Moneybackers like Mark Barron and Deone Buchanon.

Believe that all you want. We land Foster and this defense will be freaking scary. 

Those smaller LBs get washed in the run game often or get caught out of position because they are asked to line up all over the place. Sometimes outmatched. 

Mosley and Foster with Williams back and Jefferson here would wreak havoc. Clean lanes will often be paved into the backfield. Both can stuff the run, blitz well, make the play calls, sniff out screens, and cover very well. Foster is also a Bernard pollard like hitter as well. Laying the hammer will be a thing again