BR News

[News] Reports: Matt Elam Arrested In Florida On Drug Charges

73 posts in this topic

Just to put it into perspective,  the 20 gms of cannabis is less than an ounce,  and legal in a lot of states.

The 3 gms of oxycodone,  however,  are usually prescribed in 5-30 mg tablets, so that's between 100-600 pills. No way he got those legally, that's some serious weight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-matt-elam-arrested-in-florida-on-drug-charges-163108285.html

8 minutes ago, MTRavensFan said:

Just to put it into perspective,  the 20 gms of cannabis is less than an ounce,  and legal in a lot of states.

The 3 gms of oxycodone,  however,  are usually prescribed in 5-30 mg tablets, so that's between 100-600 pills. No way he got those legally, that's some serious weight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-matt-elam-arrested-in-florida-on-drug-charges-163108285.html

he had 126 grams of marijuana. sad to hear about this. always held out a glimmer of hope. felt like we never used him right and he looked good right before the last time he got hurt again. he was making some nice tackles

Edited by chunkywill25

There's at least one every year it seems! At least it was someone who was on their way out anyway. I guess he was starting his career after football but screwed that up too! Maybe he'll do better in prison, making license plates. So sad.

How much money did he make as a Raven? Had to be one or two million. I never understood how players who have made good money get caught up in illegal schemes ( if that is what happened).

At least this now prevents Ozzie from trying to bring him back at a cheaper salary- you know that's what was going to happen because we invested so much (1st round pick) in him... With a felony record, if guilty, he won't even be able to work at Foot Locker - he basically ruined his whole life by making an idiot decision.  Thug life.

Edited by OzzieBisciotti

Wasted 1st rd pick and as far as not being in the Ravens future plans that should have happened 2 years ago.

Edited by ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

was a garbage pick at the time and it's not come full circle. the list of wasted 1st and 2nd round picks in recent years is staggering

1 hour ago, MTRavensFan said:

Yeah, he had 126 grams and I'm guessing the cops weighed the oxycodone and didn't count the mg of the pills to get to 3 gms. But anyway you cut it how stupid can you be. It amazes me how these guys can make millions and still open up themselves to getting busted like this. Just sheer ignorance and stupidity. 

Really?! Driving around with 126 grams of Marjuana? That's just dumb man! Why the hell are you driving around with that mutch anyways?!!!

if your stupid enough and rich enough to buy 126 grams of Marjuana then you sure as heck can afford to get it delivered to your destination!

you deserve to spend time just for acting so damn dumb. I'm done defending anything Elam ever does. And whatever it is, I hope he does it away from the Ravens organization.

I think Elam's time in Baltimore was done anyway, but it shows what a wasted 1st round pick it was if the charges hold up.

These young cats just can't seem to (in my Stephen A. Smith voice) "stay off the weeeeeeeeeeee-dah!" 

I think Elam's time in Baltimore was done anyway, but it shows what a wasted 1st round pick it was if the charges hold up.

Old Matty boy will be considered a first round bust even if the charges don't hold up. However, it is hard to believe that the charges won't stick. 7.8 pounds of pot and 30 oxys are hard to explain away.

They should have cut his butt last year and keep Brooks another stupid harbaugh idea

Yea, I actually felt the same way but I am sure there was some type of logical reasoning behind it. We don't usually give up on third rounders that easily.

was a garbage pick at the time and it's not come full circle. the list of wasted 1st and 2nd round picks in recent years is staggering

Bisciotti said that Oz and DaCosta could do a better job with draft at the year end presser but still has not done anything about it after 5-6 years worth of terrible drafts

I am so happy for this. he shows he's a [ profanity deleted] and we get to get rid of him with no concerns. Good deal.

As the the evening sun sets you can hear the melodic strains of Aloha Oy being played in the on the faltering NFL career of Matt Elam.

2 hours ago, jsarrocohome@yahoo.com said:

They should have cut his butt last year and keep Brooks another stupid harbaugh idea

Yea, I actually felt the same way but I am sure there was some type of logical reasoning behind it. We don't usually give up on third rounders that easily.

Yeah he was is in harbaughs dog house because of some mental mistakes in Practice

From a bust- to busted. It really is a shame that many just don't get it- even WITH a / so called college education. You cant teach common sense.

Part of me was holding onto hope that maybe Elam could become what he was in college, and before that injury last year i kinda got my hopes up. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, billiejean said:

Old Matty boy will be considered a first round bust even if the charges don't hold up. However, it is hard to believe that the charges won't stick. 7.8 pounds of pot and 30 oxys are hard to explain away.

More like 4 ounces of pot, not 7.8 pounds.

Have the Ravens cut they guy yet??? He's not much of a player to start with so let him go!!! Cap Space!!!

Did you read the article? His option was not picked up.