• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Ravensfan23

Ravens awarded 3rd round compensatory pick...99th

16 posts in this topic

The Ravens now have 4 picks in the top 100 and compensatory picks are allowed to be traded this year.  http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Awarded-A-Third-Round-Compensatory-Pick/cb79b9ab-a6f6-4388-ac3c-3c6e1b9aa90f

Now that compensatory picks are allowed to be traded I wonder if it changes anything with the Ravens process of letting certain guys walk?

i doubt we use it to trade up. i actually could see us trade back and end up with 3 thirds or 2 seconds. 

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

i doubt we use it to trade up. i actually could see us trade back and end up with 3 thirds or 2 seconds. 

I'd love for someone surprising to fall to the Ravens' pick just for that reason. Teams like the Raiders, Giants, or Lions that are seemingly one great player away from being top contender could be willing to give up a late second round pick for someone like Corey Davis, Barnett, or whoever is flying up the charts after the combine.

2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I think there will be a nice amount of pass rushers, DBs and RBs between the bottom of the 1st and mid 2nd. I could certainly see the Ravens trade back in the first round to pick up an extra pick or 2. 

But I could also see the Ravens use that 99th pick and maybe a 7th to move up and double dip at DB or lock down a good interior OL.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:11 AM, RaineV1 said:

I'd love for someone surprising to fall to the Ravens' pick just for that reason. Teams like the Raiders, Giants, or Lions that are seemingly one great player away from being top contender could be willing to give up a late second round pick for someone like Corey Davis, Barnett, or whoever is flying up the charts after the combine.

Ya trading back for an additional second would be great, but the two players that I would never leave sitting there for us to pick are Barnett and Jamal Adams if by some fluke either were there   

I am glad we are at 99 too. That list of comps went on for an eternity. 

Lots of interest in guys could be in that ball park too, well at least at our third and the comp pick. Really hoping for Kevin King, Tyler Orlosky, Pat Eiflein, Rasul Douglas, Curtis Samuel, Perine, Dorian Johnson, Kamara, Foreman, Zay Jones, heck maybe even Smoot. 

I'd rather trade up than trade back to be honest. I think we should be aggressive if we really like someone in the top ten of the first round. 

13 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

I'd rather trade up than trade back to be honest. I think we should be aggressive if we really like someone in the top ten of the first round. 

Depends on what the draft shakes out to be. Based on how draft "analysts" look at the players right now, there's very little difference in talent between like the 5th pick in the draft and the 15th pick in the draft.

Think it will be a draft where you see very little movement in terms of draft trades in the first round. I think most teams realize the depth and lack of "star power" in this draft, and will modify their strategies accordingly.

Plus, moving into the top 10 from our position is pretty much impossible without surrendering at least a 2nd round pick in addition, and I don't see the player in this draft (outside of maybe Myles Garrett, who we won't get) that's worth giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick for.

On 27/2/2017 at 11:39 PM, Deflated Football said:

Please just get a playmaker in the first, and one of CB and edge rush would be lovely! Same goes for the second round, we/Ozzie can't afford to continue whiffing on high picks.

Stanley, despite struggling with some injuries, played the part of a first rounder last year - although maybe not 6th overall?
KC - I sincerely hope he shows something this year, and Kaufusi hmm...

Let's get 3 homerun picks this year for a change - the first, second and third round :mcnabbtddance:

On 2/28/2017 at 2:20 AM, Ravenseconbeast said:

"With the 99th pick, Ravens select Ethan Poclc out of LSU"

we dont pick dudes from LSU. (ozzie )