BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/22: Ravens Named As A Potential Trade Partner For Pass Rusher Connor Barwin

60 posts in this topic

I'm not saying we should keep Dumervil but taking Barwin over Dumervil would be ridiculous

agreed. No on Barwin! Especially trading for him. Bleh

NOTHING left in the tank so I'm guessing the Ravens feel he would be a good fit. Pick him up after he is released at best.

Connor Barwin should be the last guy the ravens look at in free agency he is not an upgrade from what we already have and I'm not talking about doom,suggs I honestly think Judon will be nasty next year so no need to sign a free agent pass rusher thats over 30 we need to get younger and faster and signing older declining vets is not how you do it

1. Jabrill Peppers/top tier CB 2. Adoree Jackson BEST CASE SCENARIO

WR in the first round is nails on a chalk board. Let's not forget Flacco is throwing the ball (Mr. pseudo-elite himself).

With Peppers and/or Jackson we address arguably our two biggest needs SECONDARY and PR/KR.

If we do anything but DB or Pass Rusher in the first round I will be sorely disappointed.

We draft well and train well at linebacker so I wouldn't waste a free agency pickup on linebacker. If we are going to do anything in free agency, lets get a position that we have trouble developing like a top notch wide receiver, or a shut down corner, or a coverage safety. I would take any of those in free agency over Barwin, Especially at 8 mil. You could get a pretty darn good receiver/corner/safety for that money. BUT, if we could get Barwin for between 1 and 3 mil for a year to see where he is at, I would sign off on that...

I don't think we should cut Domervil if he is healthy. I think if he has truly recovered from his injury, and we have no reason to believe that he has not, then I would go with his numbers when he was healthy which were pretty good when he played opposite Suggs. Doom needs a producer on the other side and without Sizz, he was double teamed and chipped and nullified in the pass rush and we had no one else to step up so offenses could concentrate on Doom.

WR in the first round is nails on a chalk board. Let's not forget Flacco is throwing the ball (Mr. pseudo-elite himself).

With Peppers and/or Jackson we address arguably our two biggest needs SECONDARY and PR/KR.

If we do anything but DB or Pass Rusher in the first round I will be sorely disappointed.

Will require a good enough to player to be there when we pick.

We have about 10 positions where you could easily justify using a first round pick on, as we need playmakers at just about every level.

OL, WR, pass rusher, CB, Safety, MLB, even RB or TE are all positions where we could easily use an upgrade.

Last thing we want to be doing is picking a position instead of a player.

I have the feeling that if Corey Davis falls out of the top 10, there are gonna be teams that will trade up to one of the 11-15 sports and take him. A true day#1 playmaker WR is simply too enticing.

But I'll gladly be proven wrong :)

I feel more than confident that Matt Judon can pick up where he left off from this past year, so we definitely should pass on Barwin.

Being from Beirut Lebanon... I don't really get to see College Football as much as NFL...(bought nfl ticket) in alllllll honesty(not your preferred pick) who is the best DB in the draft? Best WR? Best Passrusher? Best OL?.. to have an idea

Being from Beirut Lebanon... I don't really get to see College Football as much as NFL...(bought nfl ticket) in alllllll honesty(not your preferred pick) who is the best DB in the draft? Best WR? Best Passrusher? Best OL?.. to have an idea

DB is up in the air but probably between jamaal adams, malik hooker, sydney jones and tredavious white

WR - Mike Williams

Pass Rusher - Myles Garrett

OL - Ramscyzk

28 minutes ago, bioLarzen said:

I have the feeling that if Corey Davis falls out of the top 10, there are gonna be teams that will trade up to one of the 11-15 sports and take him. A true day#1 playmaker WR is simply too enticing.

But I'll gladly be proven wrong :)

WR class is decent this year but Williams and Davis are the jewels. That's why I won't be remotely upset if he fell to 16 and we took him. heck I'd even entertain a trade back offer if we could get an extra second because a team wanted him bad enough. 

Peppers is a freak athlete but not an elite talent position wise, solid at several positions and a master of none. Way too boom/bust to take at 16

1 hour ago, Chewi28 said:

A PR as a first round draft pick? lol the roster is over flowing with ST players by default whiffs

41 minutes ago, Orange_Peanut said:

Doesn't Joe's brother throw to Corey? Coincidence?

Tom Flacco actually spends his time keeping the bench warm for Corey Davis more than throw footballs to him.

A PR as a first round draft pick? lol the roster is over flowing with ST players by default whiffs

He's referencing a player who can play DB and return kicks, not just return kicks.

Will require a good enough to player to be there when we pick.

We have about 10 positions where you could easily justify using a first round pick on, as we need playmakers at just about every level.

OL, WR, pass rusher, CB, Safety, MLB, even RB or TE are all positions where we could easily use an upgrade.

Last thing we want to be doing is picking a position instead of a player.

Agreed. Raven's have needs across the board. I just want a playmaker in the 1st round, not to concerned about what position he plays...even an un-sexy pick on the OL would be o.k. if the guy is rock solid, but I'd personally like to see us draft someone w/some fire in their eyes & a chip on their shoulder. Of course, drafting college players is a crap-shoot, but I hope the Ravens have done their homework and bring in a potential game changer.

37 minutes ago, Azzi22 said:

DB is up in the air but probably between jamaal adams, malik hooker, sydney jones and tredavious white

WR - Mike Williams

Pass Rusher - Myles Garrett

OL - Ramscyzk

Thanks man

52 minutes ago, BoominRaven said:

Peppers is a freak athlete but not an elite talent position wise, solid at several positions and a master of none. Way too boom/bust to take at 16

Many believe he could be a Weddle like talent and could slip to the second.

if peppers were to slide past the first 7 or 8 teams at the top of the second if pounce on getting him. He will be a chess piece worth having. 

Barwin is laughable. Not worth that cap hit. Especially for a draft pick.

id love Corey Davis if he were there, but I wouldn't move up to get him though. 

As far as getting passionate players that will likely have a chip on their shoulders, look no further than the 2nd round. A lot of 1st round graded players will slip to the second and will be ready to prove themselves as premier talents. Some that come to mind are Desmond King whom everyone has foolishly written off, Peppers who everyone knocks for versatility, Tim Williams of his character causes a slippage. I don't doubt his commitment as getting better as a football player for a second. Tre White in any class would be a highly talked about CB, he could slip because of size/ nickel potential. 

I hope we go defense on our first two picks! Corey Davis seems like he MAY be a good player, but wr is a risky pick, especially in the first round! Ask Detroit!

I'm not saying we should keep Dumervil but taking Barwin over Dumervil would be ridiculous

I wouldn't say ridiculous at all. Dumervil has better career numbers sure, but over the last three years, both he and Barwin have similar numbers (same sacks and Barwin actually has more tackles). Consider that Barwin is younger and has started every single game since 2010- that makes him more reliable IMO than Dumervil.
Given the Ravens' troubling inability to keep players healthy the last few years, we need as many reliable players as possible who we can expect to be on the field.

16 minutes ago, StevoKenevo said:

I hope we go defense on our first two picks! Corey Davis seems like he MAY be a good player, but wr is a risky pick, especially in the first round! Ask Detroit!

And or the Ravens

2 hours ago, BoominRaven said:

Many believe he could be a Weddle like talent and could slip to the second.

if peppers were to slide past the first 7 or 8 teams at the top of the second if pounce on getting him. He will be a chess piece worth having. 

agreed, in the second - no way at pick 16 though

I think if Corey Davis is there, we pick him. The guy is a player with the perfect size to be a #1 receiver. Our offense needs a threat like him. Corner talent in the draft can be found later.

I'll keep and retain Elvis over Barwin any day. Familiarity, comradery, knows the system, less expensive and healthy after dealing with injuries and hungry to boot. Plus when both him and Suggs are playing, they are a force to be reckoned with.