BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/17: Ravens Expected To Meet Kyle Juszczyk's Agent At Combine To Talk Contract

45 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

im of the belief that juice is a very key player for us. look at how many drive-starting catches hes made, how many crucial 3rd downs he has converted, he is as smart a player as youll ever find, he makes himself available, he blocks well picking up blitzes in the pocket, he blocks well as a lead blocker, he blocks well as an inline TE, he chips well, times his dump-route well, and is an extremely high character and effort player. 

i would be really upset to see him walk, more than wagner or williams honestly, and i also hope he gets used more frequently. he would be a household name with another 2-3 targets/designed dumpoffs per game. 

he also is a player that should almost never leave the field, aside from 12 formations. he should be on the field on all passing downs that arent coming out of the 12 and 5wr sets, but frankly i think a 4wr set with juice in the backfield would serve better just because hes such a smart and reliable player, whether you need him as a safety valve or as a blocker. 

ill bet you this, if juice was in the backfield for the falcons in the super bowl, that rusher isnt going unblocked up the middle because juice picks those up and executes. 

serioiusly, pay da man, use da man.

Juice couldn't block even if he was driving behind a semi truck- have you not seen games where he continues to get man- handled like a my little pony doll

Edited by OzzieBisciotti

7 hours ago, OzzieBisciotti said:

I also think we need to break up the best friend trio of Flacco, Pitta, and Juice- they all hang out like best buddies, and frankly, I feel uncomfortable with them being so close- that's why our offense isn't that good. Flacco helped his personal stylist, Pittta bread, get a $3M bonus last year (one reason our cap is so low too) because he threw all these short passes/ dinks to Pitta all the time because they are bffs.. I don't know what Oz was thinking bringing Watson here - while a nice man, he's also an old man. At this point, we need to let Watson and Pitta walk because they are too expensive- and we should also let Juice walk because he's overated. bottom line, this team isn't very good- we can't even keep average players like Pitta, Watson and Juice because of poor cap manahgement and years of terrible drafts- we have no base/ foundation of young players, and we sign old players on the cheap (Ozzies' favorite strategy), and now look what we have to deal with. Oz and DaCosta aren't good GMs when they have to devote a lot of money to a QB- it's much harder to keeep a good team together when unelite Flacco takes up 22M or whatever it is...

Your are uncomfortable with Flacco being friends with guys on the offensive side of the ball ? I hope you are joking here. He isn't throwing dinks and dunks to Pitta because they are BFFs. He is throwing them because the WRs down the field are covered or at least he has the perception that they are covered. Do you want him to force it into coverage. If Crockett Gilmore or Maxx or whoever were out there instead of Pitta he would be throwing to them. Because of their close relationship they are more in sync with each other. You need to invert your statement. Instead of wanting Joe and Pitta to end their friendship, you should be hoping that he develops similar relationships with his other receivers on the team. Being angry because Pitta gained 720 yards last year is absurd. Cmon man.

Because they are bffs, Pitta got his $3M bonus/ salary back, and a lot of it had to do with these 5-8 yard dinks to pitta bread. How many times do you remember when Flacco hit pitta bread with a 20 yard pass? Exactly...

9 minutes ago, OzzieBisciotti said:

Because they are bffs, Pitta got his $3M bonus/ salary back, and a lot of it had to do with these 5-8 yard dinks to pitta bread. How many times do you remember when Flacco hit pitta bread with a 20 yard pass? Exactly...

Again are you serious? Do you really think that the only reason that Joe threw the ball to Pitta as many times as he did was so that Pitta could get his 3 mil bonus. Cmon man you cant really believe that.  That is nonsense.  And the amount of times Joe got the ball to Pitta for 20 yard or more has no relevance to your argument. 

3 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

im of the belief that juice is a very key player for us. look at how many drive-starting catches hes made, how many crucial 3rd downs he has converted, he is as smart a player as youll ever find, he makes himself available, he blocks well picking up blitzes in the pocket, he blocks well as a lead blocker, he blocks well as an inline TE, he chips well, times his dump-route well, and is an extremely high character and effort player. 

i would be really upset to see him walk, more than wagner or williams honestly, and i also hope he gets used more frequently. he would be a household name with another 2-3 targets/designed dumpoffs per game. 

he also is a player that should almost never leave the field, aside from 12 formations. he should be on the field on all passing downs that arent coming out of the 12 and 5wr sets, but frankly i think a 4wr set with juice in the backfield would serve better just because hes such a smart and reliable player, whether you need him as a safety valve or as a blocker. 

ill bet you this, if juice was in the backfield for the falcons in the super bowl, that rusher isnt going unblocked up the middle because juice picks those up and executes. 

Juice couldn't block even if he was driving behind a semi truck- have you not seen games where he continues to get man- handled like a my little pony doll

Yeah it was pretty sweet when he fell down on the goal line for no reason instead of blocking when we went for it on 4th and 1 with west early in the year. It was a close game we lost, I think Washington. He's so overated it's ridiculous.

8 hours ago, OzzieBisciotti said:

I also think we need to break up the best friend trio of Flacco, Pitta, and Juice- they all hang out like best buddies, and frankly, I feel uncomfortable with them being so close- that's why our offense isn't that good. Flacco helped his personal stylist, Pittta bread, get a $3M bonus last year (one reason our cap is so low too) because he threw all these short passes/ dinks to Pitta all the time because they are bffs.. I don't know what Oz was thinking bringing Watson here - while a nice man, he's also an old man. At this point, we need to let Watson and Pitta walk because they are too expensive- and we should also let Juice walk because he's overated. bottom line, this team isn't very good- we can't even keep average players like Pitta, Watson and Juice because of poor cap manahgement and years of terrible drafts- we have no base/ foundation of young players, and we sign old players on the cheap (Ozzies' favorite strategy), and now look what we have to deal with. Oz and DaCosta aren't good GMs when they have to devote a lot of money to a QB- it's much harder to keeep a good team together when unelite Flacco takes up 22M or whatever it is...

Don't know where to vote this one up but would 100 times if I could. Excellent points. All of them. If Flacco was even a top 16 qb in this league ( with his 2nd highest average qb salary), things would be different. But he's not. He had one good regular season with a coach we didn't keep, and a great postseason..................FIVE years ago. The front office has gone from a strength to a weakness over the years. And that is the only chance of having a competitive NFL team every year. If your FO has it together. Ours clearly doesn't. And the coaching for the Ravens is exponentially worse. Maybe nobody will notice if the Harbuagh brothers switch places.......

I can't argue with you either. Yeah, I'd also take Jim over John any day- he'd secure in himself, and he could handle strong personalities like Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard. Ever since Ray left, this team has been void of play makers, attitude, game passion, and strong leadership - one reason why Flacco wasn't a captain in college.

1 hour ago, OzzieBisciotti said:
  3 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Yeah it was pretty sweet when he fell down on the goal line for no reason instead of blocking when we went for it on 4th and 1 with west early in the year. It was a close game we lost, I think Washington. He's so overated it's ridiculous.

Funny- I vividly remember that play- I was wondering what the hexk he was doing- reople think he's good because he made the pro bowl- he made the pro bowl because there are 3 full backs in the league, and he is overrated. I also think Sean Mosely is also overrated too- that's another story.

2 hours ago, OzzieBisciotti said:
  4 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

It was the Giants game.

And then there was the Safety on Dixon in the Pats game. A lead fullback should never get stood up (behind the line of scrimmage) on a dive play from his own endzone. And even worse, it was his man that made the tackle.

I could see re-signing Juice for his pass catching abilities especially if you let go some of the overpriced TE. He's a nice gadget player to have in there that does have some decent hands.

4 hours ago, billiejean said:
  9 hours ago, OzzieBisciotti said:

Your are uncomfortable with Flacco being friends with guys on the offensive side of the ball ? I hope you are joking here. He isn't throwing dinks and dunks to Pitta because they are BFFs. He is throwing them because the WRs down the field are covered or at least he has the perception that they are covered. Do you want him to force it into coverage. If Crockett Gilmore or Maxx or whoever were out there instead of Pitta he would be throwing to them. Because of their close relationship they are more in sync with each other. You need to invert your statement. Instead of wanting Joe and Pitta to end their friendship, you should be hoping that he develops similar relationships with his other receivers on the team. Being angry because Pitta gained 720 yards last year is absurd. Cmon man.

Flacco went to Pitta so much because he's the only one he could trust to actually catch the ball. Wallace, Aiken, Waller, Perriman, all - drop after drop after drop. Pitta, SSS & Juice were the only ones with good hands.

On February 17, 2017 at 6:47 PM, fusuymada said:

Juszczyk has been terribly underutilized. Guy does everything and could have been put into the TE rotation as well. He will go somewhere else and be a playmaker and we will sit and wonder why we don't have playmakers.

While I agree that Juice is underutilized, I wouldn't go as far as "terribly" I don't want to see him as a TE because he's 6'1 and probably won't spite his skillset very well. I would like to see him used more often on third and short and maybe block when it's an obvious passing down. 

I absolutely agree, loosing juice would be a very under rated loss that would hurt this team. 

Edited by Halshayeji

On 2/18/2017 at 0:41 AM, OzzieBisciotti said:

Your argument post is all out of whack. Beginning of the post you want them break up Flacco buddies then in the middle you don't want them gone. But anyway, by looking at your recent post, do you honestly believe that because they best friends he would throw dinks and dunks to them? C'mon man. Other than Steve Smith, the rest can even gain separation or do any good routes. The Patriots WRs can make routes. So this argument is irrelevant.

Edited by hen826957

17 hours ago, sizzlingdoom said:
  18 hours ago, OzzieBisciotti said:
  20 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

It was the Giants game.

And then there was the Safety on Dixon in the Pats game. A lead fullback should never get stood up (behind the line of scrimmage) on a dive play from his own endzone. And even worse, it was his man that made the tackle.

I could see re-signing Juice for his pass catching abilities especially if you let go some of the overpriced TE. He's a nice gadget player to have in there that does have some decent hands.

I just think he's going to get overpaid. I also think the FB position is overated these days unless you have a Lorenzo Neal paving the way. Juice isn't half that. He's a decent pass catcher but if we he keep him he'll still block. And Dixon's an awesome pass catcher out of the backfield I think. I don't think we need Juice at all. Our coaching can't seem to utilize his strengths very well anyways.
I would feel comfortable going into next year with Gilmore, Boyle, and Maxx + a later round TE added in the draft. We'll probably keep Pitta though.

It seems the Ravens tend to overpay average players because they play well the last year of their contract. Remember Billy Cundiff, Justin Forsett, Shareece Wright, etc. This will be another instance of that same thing. Billy and Justin like Juice went to the Pro-Bowl and the following season they both had terrible seasons. We will overpay for Juice, not use him, then cut him.

In my opinion we need to find playmakers first then add players like Juice who can supplement the talent. If we pay him too much money (4-5 million per year), then how can we sign a Brandon Marshall?

I've loved Juice as a player for quite sometime now. I complained last offseason that signing Watson was stupid because Juice could also be in the TE rotation or used as an H-back and get creative. 

With that said if the team fails to retain Juice then I hope they can get VT- FB Sam Rogers in the 7th round as a backup plan. 

Edited by jdynamite

16 hours ago, jdynamite said:

I've loved Juice as a player for quite sometime now. I complained last offseason that signing Watson was stupid because Juice could also be in the TE rotation or used as an H-back and get creative. 

With that said if the team fails to retain Juice then I hope they can get VT- FB Sam Rogers in the 7th round as a backup plan. 

I saw that guy during the senior bowl practices. He is a very solid blocker and caught some passes out of the backfield. I like him and I agree that he would be a good pickup.

He will be a Raven next year, even if they have to overpay him. The Steelers will sign both of their stars, unlike another team (Ravens) in the same division who let their players go when they are young and in their prime.