BR News

[News] Terrance West Has Bigger Goals In 2017

39 posts in this topic

West is a good RB but I don't know if he can beat out a healthy Dixon who looked like a game breaker late last year but if west does beat him for the job its still going to be an up hill battle for him to hit 1000 yards hope he kills it this year lets go ravens nation

he should be our 3 down back... we didn't give him a fair share of carries and touches... I think hes the RB we need to jump start this offence... I love how hard he runs, hes got moves in the open field, can cant and block.. keep him as our BELL COW

He's getting an original round tender. I don't believe he's getting a second round tender like Aiken got last year.

Very nice to hear that from West but you need to aim high with a goal. Why not 1500 all purpose yards. If he is the starter and can reach that, we have a good shot at the playoffs.

West should be able to hit 1,000 yds and hopefully double his TD output by season's end.

I gotta ask though, why wasn't Buck Allen carrying some of the load this year?

9 minutes ago, TheRavengers said:

West should be able to hit 1,000 yds and hopefully double his TD output by season's end.

He ran into his offensive linemen more often than he ran where he was supposed to.

I said all along we were going to have a downgraded ground game without KO. We need upgrades at guard and center, Yanda is 33 this year and might have a year or two left before he really starts to break down.

West and any other RB is not going to do well with our O Line. Wagner will be gone, our center is just bad and the TE's and WR's don't know how to block down field and/or catch. With "old 3 and out Flacco" at QB the offense will not be on the field that much to start with. Defense will be out of gas by half time. Face it, 8 and 8 will be a GOOD year for this team.
Where's our next Ray Lewis and Ed Reed????

3 hours ago, TheRavengers said:

He ran into his offensive linemen more often than he ran where he was supposed to.

He didn't get a chance

Having a top RB will mean nothing, if we don't get the OL fixed.

It wasn't the o line as much as the coaches not calling the running plays or not calling at the right times

Thought Buck Allen was hurt

West is a good RB but I don't know if he can beat out a healthy Dixon who looked like a game breaker late last year but if west does beat him for the job its still going to be an up hill battle for him to hit 1000 yards hope he kills it this year lets go ravens nation

Why can't we have both West and Dixon? If one beats out the other, it should still be a 2-headed monster.

West and Dixon are a good combination. The ran game needs work on the o-line more than RB. Get the top center in the first round. Guard in the second. The ravens need to run the ball more. Flacco leading the league in attempts isn't going to win any championships. Joe does better when he has a good balance of both. Enough with the stats and FF BS concerns. Win games.

All aboard the T-West Train, straight up the field, down the opponents throat, I mean defense. We'll see how much they can stomach before they beg for the end to come.

"Last year was the best season of West’s young career. He finished with 774 rushing yards and five touchdowns " Just imagine if they stopped "believing in running" the ball and ran the ball.

Dixon should take over as the lead back.
Cuz Buck Allen is not good. At all. Seriously

Does anyone know if West played ST at all last year? I think it's clear Dixon should be the lead back heading into next season. Then it would be nice to have West as the number 2, but that leaves us without a speed or home run threat coming out of the back field. And we could add a good speed back in rounds 2-5, but I would hate for us to try and use 3 backs.
I'm thinking it would be ideal to use Dixon as the lead back, while adding a good speed back in the draft as the 2. Dixon is an awesome short yardage back imo as well. He does need to work on his blitz picks up. He was hurt early though and he was a rookie from a small school so I expect that to improve drastically, he's willing and has the build.
SO, I think it would be awesome if West would play special teams. Seems like he has the ability and make up for it. That way he would also be active as a 3rd back if needed as well. I know that's not a role he would want, but I don't see how we don't commit to Dixon this year. The guy is a special talent. He carried us on that last drive in Pitt. Stoked to watch him next year. He's not nearly as fast as him at all, but his running style reminds me of one of my favorite backs, Fred Taylor

8 hours ago, sizzlingdoom said:

Dixon should take over as the lead back.
Cuz Buck Allen is not good. At all. Seriously

Funny, because in Allen's first year he seemed to do fine, despite our horrible overall record.

We good at running back but Harbaugh want an impact guy, basically someone that can carry only 10 times a game and get 30 times a game numbers. We really need an impact head coach who can use talent in the right way.

Edited by Hardhitters

We good a running back but Harbaugh want an impact guy, basically someone that can carry only 10 times a game and get 30 times a game numbers. We really need an impact head coach who can use talent in the right way.

Correct!.....I'm not so sure why we got a new coordinator ASSISTANT that is pro-running the ball, when we still have the O-coordinator from last year. Something stinks here as well. One calls the shots- right.
It appears that Harbaugh does not have the Hardbaughs to over ride any calls within the frame of a game. That's sad.