Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BR News

[News] Full List Of Ravens 2017 Free Agent Class

29 posts in this topic

Am I the only one ok with letting Jusczcyk go unless he resigns on an extremely team friendly deal? I love his athleticism but I'm still not sold on his lead blocking abilities.

ducasse,juice,mallett,wagner,williams,jensen,west,onwuasor get to work front office although i believe they can only retain one between wagner and williams. williams is more important imo

ducasse,juice,mallett,wagner,williams,jensen,west,onwuasor get to work front office although i believe they can only retain one between wagner and williams. williams is more important imo

Camp, Jensen & West will get original round tenders. Onwausor can't sign with any other team, period. Really just leaves Juice, Wagner & Williams. And I agree - Williams is the priority....

I'd like Matt Elam back on the veteran minimum. Also be nice if we could retain juice. Brandon Williams would be nice to keep over Wagner, I'd just hate to break the bank for him. 

Edited by JetLife94

There are only 3 in this order of preference that I believe are really critical to us: Juice, Guy and Wagner. In my view, if we can't retain Williams (doubtful unless we overpay) we must retain Guy who may actually be better in applying pressure on the QB and is an unsung hero of our D-line. Juice for being our only swiss army knife on offense. Wagner just for continuity on our O-line.

I really believe that between Pierce, Davis and Henry we can substitute the production of Williams as a run stuffer.

I am probably a cult of one but I would like to keep Aiken and USE him more.

Cult must be a more than one and generally is a small group of people. :) Aiken would be alright to bring back but he doesn't fulfill the need for another young speedster on the outside. Possession type and the R's have plenty of those.

Yes, keep Kamar Aiken, the FB , QB Mallett and give Chris Matthews one more year. There's not much left except bench players or the two "Break the Bank" guys we will just have to let go.
If they could get "old 3 and out Flacco's" cap money lowered then we may have a chance to pick up a 2-3 good free agents. Better yet, trade Flacco. I'm sure mallett could get to 8 and 8 in 2017 and 2018. Why pay Flacco all that money. Think of the cap money we would have to pick up some really good players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, sami said:

Cult must be a more than one and generally is a small group of people. :) Aiken would be alright to bring back but he doesn't fulfill the need for another young speedster on the outside. Possession type and the R's have plenty of those.

Actually "cult" is a shortened reference to "culture" and refers back to the wholeness/fullness of all things that comprise one's existence or in other words how they live life. Too many people have misused that word and now have no understanding of its true origins.

9 hours ago, JetLife94 said:

I'd like Matt Elam back on the veteran minimum. Also be nice if we could retain juice. Brandon Williams would be nice to keep over Wagner, I'd just hate to break the bank for him. 

Are you serious? Are you Elam's mother? I think you're the only one in DMV who wants Elam back. Next, you'll say you want Terrance Brooks back too- failed draft picks...

Edited by OzzieBisciotti

besides Brandon Williams everyone else on the list is expendable- great job Oz and DaCosta..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Might be nice if Wagner stayed but you're so right!!!! I laugh, but how bad it's been for years now isn't a laughing matter...it's just a massive bummer

I really believe that between Pierce, Davis and Henry we can substitute the production of Williams as a run stuffer.

I agree, or at least most of it, considering Williams price tag. After cuts, and if we don't resign Wagner or Williams, we will have a LOT of money. Nobody is BWIll, but we have Pierce, Henry, Davis, Timmy, Urban, Kufasi, and other talented bigs- I know they aren't all NTs people. Plus we'll be adding more in the draft I'm sure. Always do. I just think spending 2-3mil more a year on a top flight proven corner, over a top NT would be better spent. Especially considering the Cornerback spot has basically been single handily holding us back for YEARS. Not to mention, having Jimmy, Gilmore, and Tavon going into the draft would give us so much more flexibility in the draft. Perhaps we could then go after a Jamal Adams or Mike Williams, instead of knowing we have to get a shut down corner in round 1 or 2. So many ways to go about thins this off season, I'm pretty excited to see the moves. It's fun to think of the different scenarios and puts opinions on here. Trumaine Johson would be an awesome addition as well imo. He'll probably cost around what Williams does.
Random off topic thoughts....but what do you think about some one year fliers on riskier players? If we make other good moves to compete next year. Guys like Jamal Charles and Julius Peppers. I'm aware of the age thing, but Sizzle and Peppers coming of the edges still sounds great to me

Imo Wagner and Williams are the only ones that mean a lot to the team. Other had roles but can be replaced if needed.
I know some might pick at and attack this opinion, but I'd still rather add Stephone Gilmore and Brandon Marshall then resign W&W. Should be close to the same price. 2 Serious playmakers on the outside on both sides of the ball in 2 serious positions of need.
We have Pierce and Lewis and the draft to replace W&W. It's just so much harder to find serious playmakers at the WR and CB position

You guys have to face the facts. Except for Todd Heap and signing Bolden Ozzie can't pick WR's or TE's. How many WR's and TE's do we have?? A thousand or more ?? Some of the guys Ozzie picked are FAST but they didn't come with hands that can catch.
Our main problem is our BAD secondary that can't cover someones grandmother and "old 3 and out Flacco" trying to play QB.

1 hour ago, Chuckx999 said:

You guys have to face the facts. Except for Todd Heap and signing Bolden Ozzie can't pick WR's or TE's. How many WR's and TE's do we have?? A thousand or more ?? Some of the guys Ozzie picked are FAST but they didn't come with hands that can catch.
Our main problem is our BAD secondary that can't cover someones grandmother and "old 3 and out Flacco" trying to play QB.

Your are literally the most negative poster ive seen since the days of Sami84.  I guess SSr was a bad pickup.  And Jacoby. And Wallace.  Guess those guys in NE suck because they cant draft WRs....Guess you also didn't realize we had the number one defense for most of the year.  Do you even read what you say?

On 2/16/2017 at 1:52 PM, JetLife94 said:

Are you serious? Are you Elam's mother? I think you're the only one in DMV who wants Elam back. Next, you'll say you want Terrance Brooks back too- failed draft picks...

elam will go to the patriots and take it to the next level.

7 hours ago, J. Naranjo said:

According to Spotrac, Chris Lewis-Harris is a RFA, not an UFA, and Chris Mathews is a RFA, not an ERFA

Matthews only has 2 accrued seasons (on roster for at least 6 games) which makes him a ERFA (His 1st season he was only active for 3 games - promoted to the 53 in December of 2014).

Chris Lewis-Harris has 4 accrued seasons making him a UFA. Being Inactive for a game still counts towards the 6 games. You can't just look at Games Played (which is probably what Spotrac did) - it's 6 games on the 53 man roster. Plus he's over 27 years old.

Edited by TheConquerorWorm

On 2/16/2017 at 8:05 PM, OzzieBisciotti said:
  On 2/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, JetLife94 said:

elam will go to the patriots and take it to the next level.

Interesting thought. Nice point. I definitely don't want Elam back. That's not even a question. But interesting to think how very good coaching might actually get some decent to quality play out of him. But, we all know that's not happening here. This season was the hardest season to watch in years. Incredibly frustrating every single week this year except 1 game at home. Mostly because of coaching, and Flacco's stand out year. And missing the playoffs after our division is a wreck for once, and Gronk is out and the pats are the only threat in the AFC playoffs. As awesome as all that was, what happened after the season was worse. I literally got sick to my stomach when I saw we were not only bringing back one or two of the coaches, but all of them. The coaching wasn't just bad this year, it was straight embarrassing. If we didn't have a record setting year by a kicker, we'd be picking right behind the Browns and Niners. It'd be one thing if it was just one or two of the coaches, but it's all of them. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh made Shareece Wright the new dbs coach

Keep Williams, Juice, Levine and Guy The Rest will have to be replaced.
Wagner will price himself right off the team.
Aiken possesses the skills that are better served by Perriman or Wallace. I just don't see the Ravens keeping Aiken and letting Wallace go. I'd rather have Cruz as the #3 in the slot alternating with Waller and a 2 TE set.
Elam may have to walk-on in camp

RFA- Keep West and Jensen- take a compensatory deal on any of the others if its there, otherwise sign them for a team average price.

ERFA- keep Beyer, Onwausor, Wesley and Renolds.

Out of anyone on that list as a whole, I'd say Wagner, West, Williams and Juice are the utmost top priorities, though I have a feeling not all of them will actually make it back.

The Ravens, which currently only has $15.3 million in cap room (fifth-fewest in the NFL), can create an additional $20.3 million in space with a half-dozen moves. Cut linebacker Elvis Dumervil ($6 million in savings), safety Lardarius Webb ($5.5 million), cornerback Shareece Wright ($2.6 million), center Jeremy Zuttah ($2.3 million), cornerback Kyle Arrington ($2.1 million) and safety Kendrick Lewis ($1.8 million).
Also have "old 3 and out Flacco" restructure his salary ( better yet trade him) and get another 4-5 million in cap space. Brady does it almost every other year. Brady want the "TEAM" to have the money free so they can get the guys he needs to winand "WIN" he does. He still gets his full pay via bonus money. New England is just plain smarter than Ozzie.
Maybe it's time to cut Ozzie???

I would keep Lawrence Guy and possibly Wagner (depending on what his asking price is). I would make offers to West, Camp and Rolle. Re-sign Onwuasor, Price and Reynolds. Matthews would be intriguing, but he is not a West Coast WR.