hn68wb4

2017 NFL Combine

509 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Orange_Peanut said:

is it just me or is there something very wrong with Fournette having a 28.5 in vert?

I had a 34" vertical in high school.

Honestly, i dont see the big deal about it though.  I know it shows explosion, but i dont think it matters at all. 

18 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Nothing I saw says Clement is/should be/will be full back. He is a prototype, classic RB.

That's pretty much been the assumption since the end of the season. At the Senior Bowl that's where he was used and they tested his blocking skills for that reason specifically. He's not a great runner and has durability issues, I suppose you can label him a 3rd down back if you want but I'd argue there isn't a ton of difference now that FBs pretty much have to have the ability to be a 3rd down back to stick on a roster in today's NFL - and it's precisely how we used Juice all season.

Edited by hn68wb4

2 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Honestly, i dont see the big deal about it though.  I know it shows explosion, but i dont think it matters at all. 

yea, I had a higher vertical than him too but people are comparing him to the Adrian Peterson's and guys who are inhuman. Now we know!

4 minutes ago, Orange_Peanut said:

yea, I had a higher vertical than him too but people are comparing him to the Adrian Peterson's and guys who are inhuman. Now we know!

What was APs vertical?

1 hour ago, hn68wb4 said:

it's a little disconcerting that we're meeting with a guy projected to play FB while Juice is a FA, keep in mind also, this is our second time meeting Clement, we also met with him at the Senior Bowl. 

Exactly my point to an earlier post feeling incredulous that I thought we may be interested in him. There are very few meetings possible both at the Senior Bowl and the Combine. Only a finite amount of time to interview and if we interviewed Clement twice, it can only mean serious interest. And yes, he's a good blocker so Juice may be gone....

48 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I believe McCoy had a very short vertical as well if I remember correctly. He turned out to be pretty explosive though... so you are right. It doesn't matter very much.

The most impressive running back in my eyes was Christian McCaffery. He seemed like a sure fire thing too because of all the things he can do for us. His catching was ultra smooth and he was fast too. So what do you guys think about selecting him at 16 or trading down to the low 20s' and then pick him?

21 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

The most impressive running back in my eyes was Christian McCaffery. He seemed like a sure fire thing too because of all the things he can do for us. His catching was ultra smooth and he was fast too. So what do you guys think about selecting him at 16 or trading down to the low 20s' and then pick him?

Definitely not at 16.  I think he goes in the late first round, most people seem to think Pats.  I love what he offers as a RS.  Im just not completely on board with a RB when we absolutely need to address pass rusher and CB.  But i think it just depends on how the board looks. 

3 hours ago, allblackraven said:

I reckon only one goes early, Kizer to SF. Perhaps 2 if the Browns use their 12th.

There is so much pressure on the browns to find a qb this year that one of those two first rounders is going towards a qb be it by trade for jimmy g or mccarron or be it one of the top 3 rookies - a qb with promise will be going to Cleveland

likewise, the 49ers literally don't have a single qb under contract, they have a literal clean slate but that means they'd be crazy not to draft a qb at number 2, the bears also need a qb but I can see them maybe getting romo or Tyrod (if he's released), it makes it more difficult for all these qb-needy teams now that cousins is most definitely off the board... the jets also need qbs although they are now deep in rebuild mode so might not bother this year and in stead find some playmakers, but the bills might need a qb, the cardinals might pick one too...

so id be very surprised if only 1 qb comes off the board at this point but strange things could still happen off the back of free agency or with trades etc. Even then I think it's likely that at least 2 go before our pick

As far as lineman go, I've reviewed some film and matched it with some of the numbers from today's testing, and I've got to say Taylor Moton in the 2nd or 3rd and then Nico Siragusa in the 3rd or 4th will make for some great G/C types. Moton to me will be fantastic at gaurd and Siragusa to me will be fantastic at either Center or gaurd. Siragusa moves people in the run game but can struggle with pass pro sometimes because his feet can get heavy. We'll see what happens though 

2 minutes ago, raven94 said:

As far as lineman go, I've reviewed some film and matched it with some of the numbers from today's testing, and I've got to say Taylor Moton in the 2nd or 3rd and then Nico Siragusa in the 3rd or 4th will make for some great G/C types. Moton to me will be fantastic at gaurd and Siragusa to me will be fantastic at either Center or gaurd. Siragusa moves people in the run game but can struggle with pass pro sometimes because his feet can get heavy. We'll see what happens though 

I didn't like Siracusa at all on film. He is so top heavy and clumsy. He looks like he skips every leg day and he has zero movement skills. I love moton though

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

So you could dunk a basketball in HS? Did you play basketball?

So Rueben Foster got sent home, but I would still be suprised if he's available at 16. 

2 minutes ago, jboy19 said:

So Rueben Foster got sent home, but I would still be suprised if he's available at 16. 

Why was he sent home?

18 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

Why was he sent home?

PFT says he got into an heated argument with a hospital worker. Not sure what that could mean but that doesn't bode well from a character standpoint.

53 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I didn't like Siracusa at all on film. He is so top heavy and clumsy. He looks like he skips every leg day and he has zero movement skills. I love moton though

What film are you watching? So far I've seen him drive and move people of the ball, I've seen him fly up to the second level and at the very least chip linebackers, and I've seen him have a decent pass set where he mirrors defenders and keeps them between his legs. 

I've seen some tweets saying Foster has bombed his interviews so far as well. 

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Actually to be honest after watching more of siragusa you're just about dead on. To me actually looks just plain lazy on some of the plays. I honestly think the guy has great potential to move. In open space he can run and move just fine, but for the duration of a play he looks so lazy and unathletic. So I'm not sure what to make of that. I did see him have plenty of good plays against Houston in his bowl game.

22 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I've seen some tweets saying Foster has bombed his interviews so far as well. 

Idk how true any of this is yet. Just seems to be rumors going around of why he got sent home. Will be interesting to follow though. He had some issues about attitude coming out of high school too, and doesn't seem very articulate when talking. Not that many of these guys are but still, I think your level of education can reflect on your character at times

He does come from a bad background and area. You should look up the story about his dad

Edited by ravensnation5220

when are db drills? im really excited to see sidney jones' 40 time. i think he runs in the mid 4.5s which is pretty horrible for a skinnier corner but i still think hes the safest corner prospect, but if he surprises everyone and runs in the lower 4.4 range he could skyrocket, the top speed is the only real concern with him and he is the rare situation where a 40 time can really help or hurt his stock a great deal, its overrated for a lot of players but jones being a top 3 corner with speed concerns it applies. 

im also excited to see tre'davious white who can put himself into the first round with a good 40 time, and jourdan lewis is a stellar athlete who could get himself solidified as a great upside project and push himself into the very top of the 2nd. 

4 hours ago, raven94 said:

Actually to be honest after watching more of siragusa you're just about dead on. To me actually looks just plain lazy on some of the plays. I honestly think the guy has great potential to move. In open space he can run and move just fine, but for the duration of a play he looks so lazy and unathletic. So I'm not sure what to make of that. I did see him have plenty of good plays against Houston in his bowl game.

In other words you read a few articles and forums and let that influence who you think is good? Lol

I've not a fan of the gauntlet but Chris Godwin has been so clean here. On the line, catching everything with his hands, and making good adjustments. 

7 hours ago, arnie_uk said:

In other words you read a few articles and forums and let that influence who you think is good? Lol

Where I live we say only fools don't change their minds.

No, for Siragusa I had looked at his combine numbers and decided that he'd be worth investogating. I watched most of his film of Houston and he performed well. He showed up for his bowl game. But then I went and watched his film against San Jose state, Fresno state and Wyoming and he looks exactly how I described him. There's more film showing him being less than good and only one game showing him being good. So I had to change my opinion based on the evidence.

I use these forums to get names of prospects, to get the consensus on prospects, to get the hot take of the most recent football events and to engage in interesting Ravens talk. I form my opinions on my own though. So when someone presents me with an opposite POV I check it out to see if it's true and then stand my ground or reform my opinion based on what I see. JoeyFlex told me he didn't like Siragusa. I asked what he was watching? Without waiting for a reply I went and did some more digging. That's all that happened

Isaiah Ford running a 4.61 is sort of surprising, thought he was going to run faster than that