hn68wb4

2017 NFL Combine

509 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

I'm looking forward to watching the QBs tomorrow. This is where one of Trubinsky/Watson/Kizer/Webb/Mahomes could really distinguish themselves as the top dog

i see webb as a rung below those top 4 guys, i have him closer in stock to someone like brad kaaya

7 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

I'm looking forward to watching the QBs tomorrow. This is where one of Trubinsky/Watson/Kizer/Webb/Mahomes could really distinguish themselves as the top dog

The combine drills will have almost zero impact on determining who the top QB is

Edited by ravefan52

4 minutes ago, ravefan52 said:

The combine drills will have almost zero impact on determining who the top QB is

yeah it'll all be film study and interviews and pure measurables

3 hours ago, usmccharles said:

NFL network guys are talking about Lamp moving to C like Whitehair as interesting idea. 

I would take Lamp at 16. He can handle the big NTs as well as he can the athletic guys. Like the best guards he can play RT for several games if need be. No matter what kind of Defensive lineman Lamp is not getting beat often. If he plays center he will be the NFL prototype for  the position.

15 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

i see webb as a rung below those top 4 guys, i have him closer in stock to someone like brad kaaya

If not for his incidents Kelly could be the top QB in the class. His arm talent is the best in the class. He made throws that many QBs in his draft class would not even attempt. If a good QB guru gets with him he could be great

1 hour ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Ya the 40 isn't as important. I focus more on that 10 yard split for pass rushers

Precisely. That's more important for your front seven

2 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I would take Lamp at 16. He can handle the big NTs as well as he can the athletic guys. Like the best guards he can play RT for several games if need be. No matter what kind of Defensive lineman Lamp is not getting beat often. If he plays center he will be the NFL prototype for  the position.

i still don't think any of the linemen are worth it at 16... maybe cam at guard is a possibility but none of the other guys i think are worth it... lamp's arms worry me a bit but the rest of the group all have significant flaws - i dont think any lineman comes off the board at 16 if we are picking there

1 hour ago, ravensnick said:

The only comparison he has to those two guys is that he is white. I love JJ knock em out style of run defense, but he was pretty much a non factor as a pass rusher. Kruger being the polar opposite of that. His play style and talent is leaps and bounds above both.

Hence why I'm saying T.J. Watt will be better. He'll be aS good if not better pass rushers than Krug and he'll be just as good if not better of a run defender than JJ was

1 minute ago, raven94 said:

Precisely. That's more important for your front seven

tbh, only the dbs, wrs, and rbs should really need to do the 40... they really should get the linemen at least to do a 20 in stead - more representative and it doesn't kill them either

Just now, raven94 said:

Hence why I'm saying T.J. Watt will be better. He'll be aS good if not better pass rushers than Krug and he'll be just as good if not better of a run defender than JJ was

it's weird talking about TJ watt and jj not being a reference to his brother lol

2 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Lmao. The 40 is the most overrated combine stat by far. Cook plays much faster than that. And Fournette does too. And he did it at 240 pounds.

Just a yearly reminder. 

That's why I find cooks 40 disappointing. Fournette practically ran as fast at 240. Although yes they do look fast on tape and that's all that really matters

Today's winners:

Forrest lamp OL- I think he solidified himself as a first rounder. Really showed his versatility at any position. Moves really smooth and carries his weight well, looks like a bull. 

Ethan cooper OG- really showed up as a small school guy. Moves very well for a 320 lb guy. He's a mauler and could be an interesting guy in the mid rounds for us. 

Tj Logan- I may be saying this because of his 4.37 40 but the ravens have said they want a homerun hitter running back. Logan has shown that ability on tape and has ability to return kicks

Tarik Cohen- he can definitely scoot. Little guy 5-6 but he's quick as a a cat. Reminds me of Darren sproles 

I'm not gonna do the losers cause I don't think a bad combine necessarily effects your stock negatively that much. 

Edited by ravensnation5220

We've met with Corey Clement of Wisconsin. But his time is 4.68 but looks compact and he can pass protect too. So may be a good 4th round pick?

1 hour ago, ravensnick said:

Spoiler alert: They all suck

3 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

We've met with Corey Clement of Wisconsin. But his time is 4.68 but looks compact and he can pass protect too. So may be a good 4th round pick?

We're going to be meeting with a ton of guys, if that's what you're leading on.

Just now, rmw10 said:

We're going to be meeting with a ton of guys, if that's what you're leading on.

I realize that, but I also know we rarely meet with players that eventually we don't select if they're the best player avaiable at the time.... just a thought is all. I am not Nostradamus nor am I claiming to be.

When Fournette runs that fast with that kind of weight, he is going to be a total nightmare to bring down. I just hope his vertical 28.5" drops him into Ozzie's lap in the first.

17 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

ironically i think mahomes might turn out best of all of them but he'll go last of the 4

3 hours ago, raven94 said:

Then don't. There's a decent chance he's there at our 2nd. The only problem I have with him is his core strength isnt very good which is common for taller guys. Other than that he'd be an extremely good player in baltimore. Much better version of Paul Kruger and even Jarret Johnson 

I'm all for tj in the 2nd if we go cb first 

55 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

When Fournette runs that fast with that kind of weight, he is going to be a total nightmare to bring down. I just hope his vertical 28.5" drops him into Ozzie's lap in the first.

There is no way we go RB in 1st round.

1 hour ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Let's hope not. The more that go early. The better player we land at 16

Just now, ravensnation5220 said:

I reckon only one goes early, Kizer to SF. Perhaps 2 if the Browns use their 12th.

16 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

There is no way we go RB in 1st round.

If he falls to 16 don't be shocked... there is plenty of depth in the CB class where we can get a good CB in the 2nd or 3rd round too. But, watching the combine, I am tremendously impressed with Chritian McCaffery. He is smooth and explosive. He may be the guy that climbs up the RB board pretty rapidly imo. In fact, if anybody is simply going by the combine, he's easily the msot impressive RB on show.

Edited by ellicottraven

Just now, ellicottraven said:

If he falls to 16 you better believe it...

I don't. Surely there will be top CB or edge rusher available at #16. I would consider top OL before the back in that case, too.

17 minutes ago, ravensnation5220 said:

11 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I reckon only one goes early, Kizer to SF. Perhaps 2 if the Browns use their 12th.

Uh, oh - unless something like this happens

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/355131/wsh-dal-sf-to-discuss-cousins-romo-trade?ls=roto:WAS:topheadlines

2 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I don't. Surely there will be top CB or edge rusher available at #16. I would consider top OL before the back in that case, too.

He's a game changer in a very elite league though. But, you're right. Nobody knows how our board is stacked come draft day.

1 minute ago, ellicottraven said:

He's a game changer in a very elite league though. But, you're right. Nobody knows how our board is stacked come draft day.

Lol, yep - at this point I doubt Ozzie and DeCosta even know how it's stacked. Although they might have slightly better idea.

2 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

it's a little disconcerting that we're meeting with a guy projected to play FB while Juice is a FA, keep in mind also, this is our second time meeting Clement, we also met with him at the Senior Bowl. 

Edited by hn68wb4

12 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

it's a little disconcerting that we're meeting with a guy projected to play FB while Juice is a FA, keep in mind also, this is our second time meeting Clement, we also met with him at the Senior Bowl. 

Nothing I saw says Clement is/should be/will be full back. He is a prototype, classic RB.