• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
hn68wb4

2017 NFL Combine

509 posts in this topic

Who we excited for?

40s! A lot of the top CBs have been rumored to have problems with speedsters, such as Tabor, Humphrey, Lattimore and so on, who will show they have the speed to hang? 

I want to see Sidney Jones, Peppers, Budda Baker and Desmond King run it. 

I want to see Cam Robinson do the BP. Individual drills too. 

I want to see Barnett run the drills and see his athleticism. 

17 hours ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Who we excited for?

40s! A lot of the top CBs have been rumored to have problems with speedsters, such as Tabor, Humphrey, Lattimore and so on, who will show they have the speed to hang? 

I mean speed is important but I'm more interested in the flip hips drill or whatever it's called - doesn't matter if you can run 4.4 in a straight line if you're always stumbling backwards

4 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

I mean speed is important but I'm more interested in the flip hips drill or whatever it's called - doesn't matter if you can run 4.4 in a straight line if you're always stumbling backwards

Oh I agree 100%, but none of the corners, besides Jackson look exceptionally quick. 

On 2/16/2017 at 8:19 PM, RavensDieHard21 said:

Who we excited for?

bakers 40 time could vault him into the first, along with all the other burst/agility/fluidity drills. 

i just dont see a day 2 prospect with baker, his film is too damn good.

4 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

bakers 40 time could vault him into the first, along with all the other burst/agility/fluidity drills. 

It's a shame because if we took any need in the first then baker, we would have a crazy good start. The combine will likely make him the third safety taken in the first. Dare I say ahead of peppers due to being a true safety. 

Engram is interesting. He could be lined up at Fullback next to running back. He could be a real weapon receiving out of backfield and blocking. Defenses never covered that kind of speed and athleticism from a fullback

He would totally roast LB's out of the backfield. He could be a weapon lead blocking for Dixon. He could even carry the ball to keep defenses guessing. Dixon and Engram in the backfield would create so many mismatches.

Then if Max Williams could ever get it together the ravens could run a very explosive version of the W.C.O. With a fullback far more explosive than any Fullback in the most successful WC offenses of previous. Engram could be as potent and productive as a WR from the Fullback position. Engram and Williams  would be quite a tandem at TE and Fullback. Then you factor in Dixon's receiving skills  and it throws a lot at opposing defenses to consider

10 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Bob Sanders clone.

40 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Engram is interesting. He could be lined up at Fullback next to running back. He could be a real weapon receiving out of backfield and blocking. Defenses never covered that kind of speed and athleticism from a fullback

He would totally roast LB's out of the backfield. He could be a weapon lead blocking for Dixon. He could even carry the ball to keep defenses guessing. Dixon and Engram in the backfield would create so many mismatches.

Then if Max Williams could ever get it together the ravens could run a very explosive version of the W.C.O. With a fullback far more explosive than any Fullback in the most successful WC offenses of previous. Engram could be as potent and productive as a WR from the Fullback position. Engram and Williams  would be quite a tandem at TE and Fullback. Then you factor in Dixon's receiving skills  and it throws a lot at opposing defenses to consider

That is what Juice does I know he is a free agent but the last thing we need is another TE/FB 

10 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

If he does really well, then perhaps he could be a good trade down target if we go back to the twenties.

49 minutes ago, Wildabeast88 said:

That is what Juice does I know he is a free agent but the last thing we need is another TE/FB 

Juice isn't nearly the athlete Engram is. Engram is very elusive in the open and catches like a receiver can.

22 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Juice isn't nearly the athlete Engram is. Engram is very elusive in the open and catches like a receiver can.

Correct, but contrary to your previous comment earlier, Engram isn't that good of a blocker. He will actually be a liability in any sort of protection capacity. so that does limit his versatility. I can cite about 6 or 7 plays in about 8 different games this year where he did a poor job of blocking and nearly got his RB/QB killed. However I do agree with you that his size speed combo on top of his quick twitchiness in space and elusivity makes him incredibly interesting as a prospect. He's expected to blow up the combine. If he does that then he may get viewed as 1st rounder.

8 minutes ago, raven94 said:

Correct, but contrary to your previous comment earlier, Engram isn't that good of a blocker. He will actually be a liability in any sort of protection capacity. so that does limit his versatility. I can cite about 6 or 7 plays in about 8 different games this year where he did a poor job of blocking and nearly got his RB/QB killed. However I do agree with you that his size speed combo on top of his quick twitchiness in space and elusivity makes him incredibly interesting as a prospect. He's expected to blow up the combine. If he does that then he may get viewed as 1st rounder.

I know he is far from a reliable blocker. But he has the size and skill to become a serviceable blocker. His size and skills are compareable to Hernandez who became a serviceable blocker. If Engram were to be a west coast fullback, he would be the first one as dangerous as most WR's. 

Edited by PurpleHorseman

I don't know but I really think Jamal Adams if available would be the best pick for us. He is a natural born leader of men and will grow our defense along with Mosley to be fierce again after the retirement of Suggs. But, I seriously doubt we land him unless we trade up.

13 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

I don't know but I really think Jamal Adams if available would be the best pick for us. He is a natural born leader of men and will grow our defense along with Mosley to be fierce again after the retirement of Suggs. But, I seriously doubt we land him unless we trade up.

Adams is one of the few guys I'd consider trading up for. He is amazing, and would be a real game changer for the Ravens.

17 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

I think the Jaguars, if they choose not to go Hooker, will land Adams. I think he's a near lock for the top 10 and it'd be a real head scratcher if he fell to 16. I'd be thrilled, but confused.

40 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I think the Jaguars, if they choose not to go Hooker, will land Adams. I think he's a near lock for the top 10 and it'd be a real head scratcher if he fell to 16. I'd be thrilled, but confused.

There is zero chance, I think.

Just now, allblackraven said:

There is zero chance, I think.

I'd agree with that. Something major would have to come up with his character (extremely unlikely) or he'd have to like tear his ACL.

4 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Bob Sanders clone.

That's a great comparison really. I totally see it. Except he's more fluid since hes not absurdly musclebound lol

3 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

likewise i dont see hooker getting past the chargers (wanted to say san diego :() those two just make so much sense going to jax and LA

4 hours ago, PurpleHorseman said:

So what CB or passrusher that we really need will we pass up for a position that is not a need. If you are talking an athlete at that position we have Waller who ran a 4.4 40.

37 minutes ago, Wildabeast88 said:

So what CB or passrusher that we really need will we pass up for a position that is not a need. If you are talking an athlete at that position we have Waller who ran a 4.4 40.

We are looking for a triple threat at the position. Waller runs a 4.4 but is not much of a receiving threat. Tyrone calico was 6'4 ran a 4.2 but was not a receiving or running threat. Engram is  a football player. He can line up as Fullback but will have to be respected like a WR when coming out of the backfield. Or he will burn them for a TD.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

6 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'll take your confusion all day if we can land Jamal Adams. Seriously though, I think we need to grow a pair and trade up to land him because he's a player that is going to alter the chemistry of our team just like Ray Lewis did years ago. I'm using an extreme example but this guy is a huge talent especially in the leadership department.

9 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

If he does really well, then perhaps he could be a good trade down target if we go back to the twenties.

If we traded back to 22-26, hopefully got a second rounder, if not a third and grabbed baker, I'd go pretty stoked. 

1 hour ago, ellicottraven said:

I'll take your confusion all day if we can land Jamal Adams. Seriously though, I think we need to grow a pair and trade up to land him because he's a player that is going to alter the chemistry of our team just like Ray Lewis did years ago. I'm using an extreme example but this guy is a huge talent especially in the leadership department.

Ya you could trade up if he got to the bills at 10, but I think it's highly unlikely. Trading up into top 10 is too expensive when the draft is this deep to begin with. 

Jax, Tennessee, SD, Carolina even Buffalo could all use a safety 

56 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Ya you could trade up if he got to the bills at 10, but I think it's highly unlikely. Trading up into top 10 is too expensive when the draft is this deep to begin with. 

As much as I hate it, I must agree with you. I don't think he's going to slip past the top 6-8 picks.

8 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

He's an alpha mentality and a natural born leader. He and Weddle together would be absolutely nuts.

16 hours ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Yeah, I love Jamal, but this is the draft that you want to have as many selections as possible. I'm not seeing a big enough drop off in talent that would make trading up anywhere near sacrificing the picks needed to do so. 

People rave about Takk McKinley's athleticism, and it's apparent on tape. If he tears up the combine and measures out as well as he looks like he will then he can cement himself as a top 20 pick. Prototype EDGE size, production against some top competition, and athleticism is a recipe to be the guy that explodes up the draft after the combine.

1 hour ago, hn68wb4 said:

People rave about Takk McKinley's athleticism, and it's apparent on tape. If he tears up the combine and measures out as well as he looks like he will then he can cement himself as a top 20 pick. Prototype EDGE size, production against some top competition, and athleticism is a recipe to be the guy that explodes up the draft after the combine.

i don't like him that much for us though - so i hope he gets himself into the top 15 or something and someone else takes him so someone better drops :)