• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
EdTheMythicalOne

A Tale of Second Round Picks...feast or famine?

106 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:35 AM, Yatagarasu said:

I feel like Ozzie has a 50% track record on 2nd rounders. However, it's interesting that only one was resigned. Maybe Ozzie thinks 2nd rounders are just complementary starters. However, not everyone can get a contract extension if Ozzie keeps getting good players to keep throughout the draft. However, it's different to see Ozzie spending more money in free agency since the recent drafts haven't produce a lot of gems.

aint it the truth. 

oz and decost are like Memorex cant tell em apart and doan know who to blame

36 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

aint it the truth. 

oz and decost are like Memorex cant tell em apart and doan know who to blame

waht n erth ar you treyeing too sey?

24 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

waht n erth ar you treyeing too sey?

Eye downt no man. Eye jest seet hear n wayt fer a lowgecal xplanacin. Pleese halp

2 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Eye downt no man. Eye jest seet hear n wayt fer a lowgecal xplanacin. Pleese halp

i jus doan no wat memorex is sposed to be...

2 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

i jus doan no wat memorex is sposed to be...

According to my research, 

Memorex is a consumer electronics brand specializing in disk recordable media for CD and DVD drives, flash memory, computer accessories and other electronics

I guess he's trying to say Ozzie can't draft? I don't know...

20 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

According to my research, 

I guess he's trying to say Ozzie can't draft? I don't know...

well taht's lyk jus ur oponion man

well taht's lyk jus ur oponion man

oh, mah bad. sore-y, dint know i coudnt have mah own opnion bout oz n decost dwafting gud playas

I'm still hoping that our last 3 picks (Jernigan, Maxx, and Correa) will break out, or show some more consistency in Jernigan's case. I think we'll get a good pick in the second round this year.

2 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

I'm still hoping that our last 3 picks (Jernigan, Maxx, and Correa) will break out, or show some more consistency in Jernigan's case. I think we'll get a good pick in the second round this year.

that was weird, i just blacked out there for like an hour but its ok im back now...

yeah im a big fan of jernigan and despite his inconsistencies i think hes given more slack by the coaches because he appears to be such a vocal leader on the line, which as much of a fan of brandon williams as i am, he doesnt strike me as an outspoken gee up guy and i think it is safe to say that this defense is much more fun when its outspoken and trash talking

maxx just needs to stay on the field because he can block ok and has great hands - he performed well with ryan mallet at the end of 2015 but sneakily probably has as much of a chemistry issue with flacco as perriman did given that he was so injured this last year and flacco was the year before so im happy to give him another year before i overly criticise him

correa was disappointing because hes not what i thought we were drafting when we got him but im still hopeful that he can find a role on this defense and progress

that was weird, i just blacked out there for like an hour but its ok im back now...

yeah im a big fan of jernigan and despite his inconsistencies i think hes given more slack by the coaches because he appears to be such a vocal leader on the line, which as much of a fan of brandon williams as i am, he doesnt strike me as an outspoken gee up guy and i think it is safe to say that this defense is much more fun when its outspoken and trash talking

maxx just needs to stay on the field because he can block ok and has great hands - he performed well with ryan mallet at the end of 2015 but sneakily probably has as much of a chemistry issue with flacco as perriman did given that he was so injured this last year and flacco was the year before so im happy to give him another year before i overly criticise him

correa was disappointing because hes not what i thought we were drafting when we got him but im still hopeful that he can find a role on this defense and progress

Yeah, that was so weird. I'm glad you're back.

Maxx is also kind of young, so I hope he can get back on track and become the weapon that we want him to be. 

6 hours ago, ALI624 said:

It seems some posters have been possessed by demonic teletubbies.

won uf us, won uf us

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:43 AM, Adreme said:

He had almost the same numbers as Judon with Judon playing far fewer snaps so I would not exactly call it a great season and the players they got instead made that a very good trade.  Judging a pick after the first year though is moronic especially when you do not draft said player to start right away.

Couldn't we make the argument we should have nabbed both of them?

On 3/19/2017 at 10:08 PM, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

doan*

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, gtalk12 said:

Couldn't we make the argument we should have nabbed both of them?

You could but remember we traded back twice so instdaed of getting Jack or Spence with the picks we ended up getting turned into Correa, Dixon and Judon. That's just the slots we obtained so therefore to also obtain Judon you would've had to draft him in a different slot so to cut a long story short we would lose 2 players in our draft if we would've stayed put and drafted Spence.