• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,283 posts in this topic

Crappy person, but it's a business. There's plenty of current players who have done the same or worse. For some reason people just don't care as much when there isn't a video of it.

19 minutes ago, ravefan52 said:

Crappy person, but it's a business. There's plenty of current players who have done the same or worse. For some reason people just don't care as much when there isn't a video of it.

The negs are going to fly, but I was going to take a chance on him with my 4th if he made it. Figured someone would beat me to the punch, pun intended. 

17 minutes ago, ravefan52 said:

Agreed his actions will have taken him off many peoples boards, apparently the video was released though.

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

The negs are going to fly, but I was going to take a chance on him with my 4th if he made it. Figured someone would beat me to the punch, pun intended. 

It should be for the value of the pick, if you took away his actions as an 18yr old out of the equasion he would be borderline 1st round pick where McCaffrey is.

I think half the negging is down to people being upset that the player they wanted has gone.

I'll leave for Vegas on Tuesday and have 3 picks at the bottom of the round.  Hopefully I can get this in by the time I leave.  

The next 10.  Please pass on your boards if you won't be here.  You can see the pace right now and we really need to pick it up.

13.  Arizona Cardinals @Capitano1412
14.  Baltimore Ravens @JO_75
15.  Minnesota Vikings @T3hRaven
16.  Cleveland Browns @ArsenalRaven666
17.  Cincinnati Bengals @CalvinSmoke
18.  Tennessee Titans @Ozzsome
19.  Philadelphia Eagles @PaRAYdise
20.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers @Jonah DeVito
21.  Los Angeles Chargers @Jacquouille
22.  Minnesota Vikings @T3hRaven

10 hours ago, -Truth- said:

Just wanted to prepare for the worst. Sorry that either of us was forced to be on the wrong side of the isle.

Perfectly fine. 

2 hours ago, arnie_uk said:

I see leveon bell when I watch hunt. 

I see Bell in Mixon

I thought it was going to be a good day when I woke up and saw we actually had a few picks come in.

I don't know that there's another back out there comparable to Bell with regards to the amount of time he spends patiently waiting behind the LOS for holes to develop. Hard comp to use for any RB.

1 minute ago, -Truth- said:

I don't know that there's another back out there comparable to Bell with regards to the amount of time he spends patiently waiting behind the LOS for holes to develop. Hard comp to use for any RB.

I think you need 2 to do what he can do.

13 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I thought it was going to be a good day when I woke up and saw we actually had a few picks come in.

I had high hopes too of being able to make my pick or atleast be given the chance to trade when people are online.

Have a target in mind or will try to trade back

4 hours ago, rmw10 said:

The next 10.  Please pass on your boards if you won't be here.  You can see the pace right now and we really need to pick it up.

13.  Arizona Cardinals @Capitano1412
14.  Baltimore Ravens @JO_75
15.  Minnesota Vikings @T3hRaven
16.  Cleveland Browns @ArsenalRaven666
17.  Cincinnati Bengals @CalvinSmoke
18.  Tennessee Titans @Ozzsome
19.  Philadelphia Eagles @PaRAYdise
20.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers @Jonah DeVito
21.  Los Angeles Chargers @Jacquouille
22.  Minnesota Vikings @T3hRaven

I want to move up to within in the next 10 picks if anyone wants to trade 

9 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

I want to move up to within in the next 10 picks if anyone wants to trade 

If my target isnt there at my spot will be looking to trade down

3 minutes ago, Jacquouille said:

I see Bell in Kamara lol

I see Bell getting tackled for a loss by Suggs.😄

Was desperately trying to trade up for Caleb Brantley. First round talent in my book, but I think this shows he really has a large range he could fall.

On 3/18/2017 at 1:15 PM, BmoreBird22 said:

Homer pick aside, I think Hodges is the best receiving tight end in the NFL draft. He's 6'7" fast, explosive, and aggressive. He runs excellent routes and is a terror up the seam. The only area you wish he'd improve is those 50/50 balls. He'll make the tough grabs, but needs to get that vice grip for those contested balls.

Hardly what I call a homer pick. I wouldn't have complained if Hodges went mid second round. That size/speed combination is really, really rare.

Edited by ravensnick

6 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

Was desperately trying to trade up for Caleb Brantley. First round talent in my book, but I think this shows he really has a large range he could fall.

He was a good value pick and does have a wide range on him as to where he goes.

I think alot of it is down to scheme fit

Just now, ArsenalRaven666 said:

I'd agree. I could see him going from 20-25 or where he was picked in this mock, just based on how teams view the position he'll play in their schemes.

8 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

That's ultimately why I didn't take him.  Not surprised that he fell this far but also wouldn't be shocked if he creeps up into the 1st in the real draft.  Just didn't fit my defense.  Plus, it sounds like there are quite a few concerns with his character/work ethic.

8 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Looking through the players drafted and laughing at my Kizer pick in round 2 being negged.

Guessing some other wanted him

There is also a chance that somebody wasn't a fan of the selection, but I wouldn't take it to heart. We have at least one serial downer who comes around and negs most selections, if not every selection. It's happened each of the last several years. All of mine were just taken down by one from their prior scores. It's become difficult to tell nowadays whether it's genuinely disliked or whether it's the work of Neg Man. Not all heroes wear a cape.

Edited by -Truth-

9 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Looking through the players drafted and laughing at my Kizer pick in round 2 being negged.

Guessing some other wanted him

There is a certain QB still on the board that I'd take over Kizer, but that's still a really solid area to take Kizer. Little risk (especially with the talent you had already acquired), high reward. 

Edited by ravensnick

1 hour ago, ravensnick said:

Hardly what I call a homer pick. I wouldn't have complained if Hodges went mid second round. That size/speed combination is really, really rare.

I'm a VT alum, so I always try to find a way to work them onto my roster despite some bigger needs.

He's a freak athlete. I'm just upset Loeffler wasted two years of him in his offense.

2 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'm a VT alum, so I always try to find a way to work them onto my roster despite some bigger needs.

He's a freak athlete. I'm just upset Loeffler wasted two years of him in his offense.

As a Texas fan, I understand. It was pitiful watching our terrible defense lose us every game, despite the fact a certain RB would try to carry the team on his back. And don't even get me started on Tulane.

Edited by ravensnick

51 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

As a Texas fan, I understand. It was pitiful watching our terrible defense lose us every game, despite the fact a certain RB would try to carry the team on his back. 

Fuente kinda fixed it, but his east-west philosophy just didn't do Hodges favors.

He's a prospect who will be a better pro than college player and that's kinda scary.

As for the Texas running back, honestly surprised to see he hasn't gone yet.