• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,234 posts in this topic

Just now, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Lmao

It's just too perfect that you drafted him to the Jets. Now you just need to get Sanchez back...

11 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

As a Giants fan I have always been fond of Belichick. He's at least partially responsible for all 4 of our Lombardi trophies.

Yep, Bill Parcells DC in two 

seems like the two teams that played BB well were the Coughlin Giants and the Ravens

Edited by RavensFanMania

Homer pick aside, I think Hodges is the best receiving tight end in the NFL draft. He's 6'7" fast, explosive, and aggressive. He runs excellent routes and is a terror up the seam. The only area you wish he'd improve is those 50/50 balls. He'll make the tough grabs, but needs to get that vice grip for those contested balls.

Edited by BmoreBird22

18 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Homer pick aside, I think Hodges is the best receiving tight end in the NFL draft. He's 6'7" fast, explosive, and aggressive. He runs excellent routes and is a terror up the seam. The only area you wish he'd improve is those 50/50 balls. He'll make the tough grabs, but needs to get that vice grip for those contested balls.

You know I am a fan, could be really good early if he goes to the right team

29 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

I don't suppose any of the upcoming picks left lists with anyone did they?

Let's home some left their board.  @-Truth- will have mine next week when I'm in Vegas

31 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

You know I am a fan, could be really good early if he goes to the right team

My nightmare is him going to NE and pairing with Gronk.

Good pick in Jake Butt. He's probably my 4th rated TE in the class behind the ones that went early.

Edited by -Truth-

Just now, -Truth- said:

Good pick in Jake Butt. He's my 4th rated TE in the class behind the ones that went early.

Agree completely. There's a lot of talk about the Giants potentially going after him at 2.23. They like him a lot, and some even say the Giants had him over Howard before the injury.

If Jake Butt slam dunks a basketball, is it a Butt Stuff?

3 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Agree completely. There's a lot of talk about the Giants potentially going after him at 2.23. They like him a lot, and some even say the Giants had him over Howard before the injury.

If Jake Butt slam dunks a basketball, is it a Butt Stuff?

Over Howard? I personally wouldn't have cosigned their assessment on that, but I could definitely see him at the bottom of the 2nd.

Ha! So many jokes. I like that he embraces it. His Twitter handle is JBooty88.

9 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Over Howard? I personally wouldn't have cosigned their assessment on that, but I could definitely see him at the bottom of the 2nd.

Ha! So many jokes. I like that he embraces it. His Twitter handle is JBooty88.

I doubt it myself in this case, but the Giants do always evaluate players differently than everyone else. The only time anyone truly knew who they were going to pick in recent memory was JPP. 

6 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

I doubt it myself in this case, but the Giants do always evaluate players differently than everyone else. The only time anyone truly knew who they were going to pick in recent memory was JPP. 

That's a good point. Eli Apple over Vernon Hargreaves III is a very good example of that.

With 43 picks in the round and at our current pace, this is going to be the slowest 3rd round ever.

8 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

With 43 picks in the round and at our current pace, this is going to be the slowest 3rd round ever.

Started off ok but stalled now.  Hopefully @arnie_uk will come on soon

17 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

That's a good point. Eli Apple over Vernon Hargreaves III is a very good example of that.

Yep. It turned out nicely in this case too, as Apple seems to be developing into a #1 CB. 

The argument for Butt to the Giants is that he very much fits the Reese/Giants mold for TEs. They value blocking (and with this OL I would as well) above pass catching. It's why I knew they would never take Ebron a couple years back. It's also why instead of upgrading at OT this offseason, they signed Marshall and Ellison. The Giants had horrendous blocking at TE last year, and it made the OT situation and running game seem even worse. A good blocking TE can make even Flowers potentially look like a decent OT (that and he is supposedly improving).

I was a huge advocate for signing Fasano for the same reason, but unfortunately he went to Miami.

7 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Yep. It turned out nicely in this case too, as Apple seems to be developing into a #1 CB. 

The argument for Butt to the Giants is that he very much fits the Reese/Giants mold for TEs. They value blocking (and with this OL I would as well) above pass catching. It's why I knew they would never take Ebron a couple years back. It's also why instead of upgrading at OT this offseason, they signed Marshall and Ellison. The Giants had horrendous blocking at TE last year, and it made the OT situation and running game seem even worse. A good blocking TE can make even Flowers potentially look like a decent OT (that and he is supposedly improving).

I was a huge advocate for signing Fasano for the same reason, but unfortunately he went to Miami.

Definitely makes sense to have a complete TE for the Giants. How good has Apple looked? I didn't have a chance to watch him this season as I was mostly focused on the other DB members. The only thing I know is that both and Hargraves III didn't grade out well per PFF, finishing 84th and 90th respectively.

1 minute ago, -Truth- said:

Definitely makes sense to have a complete TE for the Giants. How good has Apple looked? I didn't have a chance to watch him this season as I was mostly focused on the other DB members. The only thing I know is that both and Hargraves III didn't grade out well per PFF, finishing 84th and 90th respectively.

I thought Apple looked very good for the most part, and I'm quite surprised at such a low grade. Granted PFF didn't think much of Jenkins either in 2015, and look at what he did in 2016. I think it's really hard to grade CBs sometimes.

5 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Apple came on really strong in his last few weeks if I'm remembering correctly. Had some rough games to start but really started coming into his own. Believe Hargreaves had a similar situation. 

Just now, rmw10 said:

Apple came on really strong in his last few weeks if I'm remembering correctly. Had some rough games to start but really started coming into his own. Believe Hargreaves had a similar situation. 

Apple was good at Twickenham but Collins stole the show with the pick 6 for what seemed he ran 100yrds

4 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I don't know about Hargreaves, but this is accurate for Apple. 

19 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Odd that they would have Butt over Howard at TE, because while Butt isn't a bad blocker, he's really not anything to write home about either in that regard. Howard is a much better blocker than Butt.

9 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Apple was good at Twickenham but Collins stole the show with the pick 6 for what seemed he ran 100yrds

Collins stole the show a lot this season. He's a lot of fun to watch, and seems involved in every play. It'll be interesting if Peppers falls to the Giants at pick 23 because he would possibly be BPA on the Giants board at that point, and is a very similar player in a lot of ways to Collins. Those 2 plus a healthy Thompson (and the rest of the NYPD) could make for some interesting schemes from Spags in nickel and dime situations.

6 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

Odd that they would have Butt over Howard at TE, because while Butt isn't a bad blocker, he's really not anything to write home about either in that regard. Howard is a much better blocker than Butt.

I agree. That's why I don't put much stock into that rumor. Unless they really see something most don't.

2 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

I agree. That's why I don't put much stock into that rumor. Unless they really see something most don't.

As you say if they have intrest in Peppers in 1st round may favour Butt in 2nd or 3rd round