• Announcements

    • Admin 3

      UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

      After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,195 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

Hopefully that 4.7 was just a blip on the radar. He appears to be faster on tape. I expected he'd at least crack 4.6

I think he ran a 4.62 at the Combine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much potential with Tabor but I just can't get over how grabby he looks. I think he's going to be a penalty machine in the NFL. With that being said, he also has moments where you know he's making a play on the ball. So up and down for him. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I think he ran a 4.62 at the Combine.

Oh, you're right. I thought it was a 4.68.... my bad. A 4.62 is still a pretty terrible time for a cornerback in today's NFL. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Archeearl92 said:

I am hoping for more drafting and less trading...

I'm a culprit at my latest pick, so I'll take some blame, but I agree.  The number of trades going on has really slowed the progress.  We did get 2 rounds in less than a week which isn't awful but we could be going a lot faster.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyus Bowser had also been my target all along, bit I figured I'd stay put in case Jarrad Davis made it to me in round 2 because it was a crime that he was still available that late.  Once he went, I figured I could move back and still get my guy, and I did.  Bowser should be good to play all over my LB group because Houston made him drop into coverage so much.  He needs some development as a pass rusher but shows some solid traits and explosion there, but still should be able to contribute in a lot of other areas.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I've seen little of McMillan but I liked the small bit that I've seen. I've seen Tabor mocked in multiple 1st round mocks. While the Combine numbers raised concerns, he likely represents rock solid value in the last pick before the 3rd round.

 

49 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I think the second is where Tabor ultimately goes, but he has such amount of high potential

 

44 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

Hopefully that 4.7 was just a blip on the radar. He appears to be faster on tape. I expected he'd at least crack 4.6

 

37 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I think he ran a 4.62 at the Combine.

 

32 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

So much potential with Tabor but I just can't get over how grabby he looks. I think he's going to be a penalty machine in the NFL. With that being said, he also has moments where you know he's making a play on the ball. So up and down for him. 

 

I'm a huge fan of Tabor, and he was who I was targeting. I've watched him play since high school (where he did not give up a single completion in his entire senior season) and will gladly trade for him @berad

Seriously, send me offers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got BmoreBird's pick coming up as soon as I find a picture.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.  Los Angeles Rams @jazz1988
6.  New York Jets @LosT_in_TranSlatioN
7.  Washington Redskins @arnie_uk
8.  Carolina Panthers @BALTIMOREFLACCO (still disappeared, on autoskip)
9.  Miami Dolphins @feel_the_rush
10.  Philadephia Eagles @PaRAYdise
11.  New York Jets @LosT_in_TranSlatioN
12.  New Orleans Saints @ravefan52
13.  Arizona Cardinals @Capitano1412
14.  Baltimore Ravens @JO_75
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Truth- said:

I've seen little of McMillan but I liked the small bit that I've seen. I've seen Tabor mocked in multiple 1st round mocks. While the Combine numbers raised concerns, he likely represents rock solid value in the last pick before the 3rd round.

Yeah, the suspension for decling a drug test was abig red flag.

Teez is highly likely going to get a 4 game substance suspension.

Belichick might not have time for his attitude.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut before the season starts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what I've been able to do with the Steelers so far. Managed to shed a bunch of age (although I didn't want to lose Cockrell in RFA it worked out alright and I'll take Cunningham in exchange effectively), and have managed to build a very young and promising defense with Peppers, Cunnigham, and Witherspoon, with just enough veteran talent and depth to keep it straight. 

 

Not to mention keeping together a great O-Line, and adding Graham to a very talented offense while signing extra depth to my WR corps.

Edited by Giants56Ravens52
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

I'm a culprit at my latest pick, so I'll take some blame, but I agree.  The number of trades going on has really slowed the progress.  We did get 2 rounds in less than a week which isn't awful but we could be going a lot faster.

Two years ago we got through 100 picks in 8 days.  Last year I believe it was about this pace, maybe slower.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RavensFanMania said:

Two years ago we got through 100 picks in 8 days.  Last year I believe it was about this pace, maybe slower.  

I have nothing to base it on, but it feels slow to me. There's these nice streaks where we get up to a dozen or so picks in, but then there are these lulls of almost nothing.  There have been a lot of trades of picks though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

I like what I've been able to do with the Steelers so far. Managed to shed a bunch of age (although I didn't want to lose Cockrell in RFA it worked out alright and I'll take Cunningham in exchange effectively), and have managed to build a very young and promising defense with Peppers, Cunnigham, and Witherspoon, with just enough veteran talent and depth to keep it straight. 

 

Not to mention keeping together a great O-Line, and adding Graham to a very talented offense while signing extra depth to my WR corps.

Losing Cockrell was a tough loss.  I picked him up last year in Draft a Franchise.   Cunningham in the 2nd is s steel. He's most likely going in the first round.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Losing Cockrell was a tough loss.  I picked him up last year in Draft a Franchise.   Cunningham in the 2nd is s steel. He's most likely going in the first round.  

Ha I get it...

Cause he is the STEELers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 52520Andrew said:

Ha I get it...

Cause he is the STEELers

Yep, waiting for someone to catch that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Losing Cockrell was a tough loss.  I picked him up last year in Draft a Franchise.   Cunningham in the 2nd is s steel. He's most likely going in the first round.  

 

15 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Ha I get it...

Cause he is the STEELers

 

15 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Yep, waiting for someone to catch that

Hahaha....   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

So much potential with Tabor but I just can't get over how grabby he looks. I think he's going to be a penalty machine in the NFL. With that being said, he also has moments where you know he's making a play on the ball. So up and down for him. 

Grabby, slow, big cushion to allow short/quick completions. Does not like to tackle that much.

But besides that he can cover and is a Ballhawk,  But him in a zone D let him attack the ball but dont count on or a Team that plays a lot high safety and one that can protect him deep.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Oh please. It's not like anyone on these boards has any ill feelings towards the Pats or Steelers...

Probably not :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RavensFanMania said:

Probably not :ph34r:

I'd say more likely than not that this is true

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now