• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,271 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

With Adams off the board, I'm not really seeing any other DTs I'm in love with. A lot of talk about weak QB and OT groups, but DT is really bad this year outside Adams, since McDowell and another player I like, but who hasn't been take yet are more like 3-4 ends

It is not as strong as other groups but everyone has different priorities

12 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I personally feel that the DT group from top-to-bottom is underwhelming.

That's what happens when all the DTs come out early in the previous year

Good pick in Sidney Jones.  It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.  I certainly wouldn't mind the Ravens grabbing him in the 2nd

I think the Bucs can afford to wait a year for Jones. Next year VH3 and Sidney Jones will make a great foundation for their secondary. 

1 minute ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Sidney Jones was one of the best corners but isn't he out for the year ??

That's why he fell to the second...???

Sidney Jones was one of the best corners but isn't he out for the year ??

Yes, he's out for the year, but represents great value at this point in the draft.

I also chose to pick Jones because I have two 2nd round picks in this draft, yet another reason I could afford to stash him. 

Just now, Jonah DeVito said:

I also chose to pick Jones because I have two 2nd round picks in this draft, yet another reason I could afford to stash him. 

Same here but I need people who can contribute this year, in a dynasty I would have no issues taking him

Love Baker as a player.  Extremely smart, takes great angles.  Like him more as a true center field high safety though.

Just now, RavensFanMania said:

Love Baker as a player.  Extremely smart, takes great angles.  Like him more as a true center field high safety though.

One of the most entertaining names to say in the class.

1 minute ago, RavensFanMania said:

I really fell in love with his tape. He's a high-effort guy with a nose for the ball and he's a surprisingly sure tackler. He's got good block shedding ability, and he was listed as a LB at Washington in some news articles because he lined up as more of a box safety in most games I watched. He switched to the nickleback role at times as well. I'll probably slot him in at SS for now with Darrelle Revis at FS. 

4 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

I really fell in love with his tape. He's a high-effort guy with a nose for the ball and he's a surprisingly sure tackler. He's got good block shedding ability, and he was listed as a LB at Washington in some news articles because he lined up as more of a box safety in most games I watched. He switched to the nickleback role at times as well. I'll probably slot him in at SS for now with Darrelle Revis at FS. 

Forgot you have Revis, makes sense.

Edited by RavensFanMania

28 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Enjoyed Logan but didn't enjoy your pick @regz1997 .... having a think

I was worried that you were going to take him at 14. He was the last guy left on my board for pick 19... Melifonwu was one I was bummed to see go, but I think Baker fits the Texans scheme better anyways. 

8 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

I was worried that you were going to take him at 14. He was the last guy left on my board for pick 19... Melifonwu was one I was bummed to see go, but I think Baker fits the Texans scheme better anyways. 

Was going Awuzie at 14 but was hoping either Melifonwu or Baker made it to me at 20 or could then trade back.   The long delays and timing didn't help as everyone that wanted to trade up earlier are now either offline or suspiciously quiet

Was going Awuzie at 14 but was hoping either Melifonwu or Baker made it to me at 20 or could then trade back.   The long delays and timing didn't help as everyone that wanted to trade up earlier are now either offline or suspiciously quiet

I'm in the same situation that my trade partners aren't online and I pick right after you. That being said, I'm most likely going to make my pick.  

Man, it sucks being on the bottom of each round and watching the opportunity cost of all those good players being taken before you. It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of picks either to make maneuvers. 

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Man, it sucks being on the bottom of each round and watching the opportunity cost of all those good players being taken before you. It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of picks either to make maneuvers. 

But you can use players

2 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

But you can use players

I know draft is exciting but giving away an established player for a pick that has somewhat of a 50/50 of success only works seems counter-intuitive for this mock forum setting.

2 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I'll take Julio and Freeman

And what's the chance that I will land a pick that can replace 1/4 of my offensive production?

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

And what's the chance that I will land a pick that can replace 1/4 of my offensive production?

As I remember when you were complaining about your team with no cap or picks I offered you trades.

You also wanted all the Browns draft picks 1-4 for one player.

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Zero

16 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

But you can use players

I did offer you Matt Ryan for all your picks in the top 100. I thought the real Browns would've taken it since it's valued at three 1st Round picks.

Edited by Yatagarasu

If RGII goes for three first rounders, then the offer involving MVP Matt Ryan was considered cheap.