• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,271 posts in this topic

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

I really love the Wilson, White, and Humphrey picks. My three favorite players in the draft.

Hard to believe corners are your favourite players...

Just now, allblackraven said:

Hard to believe corners are your favourite players...

I know... Usually it's those punters, but I had to cave in sometime. 

2 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I really love the Wilson, White, and Humphrey picks. My three favorite players in the draft.

Definitely appreciate hearing that. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He gave up.

Carolina is actually playing for 2018 #1 Draft.

I heard about those QBs in SoCal.

Probably pull a Titan to get even more picks.

You are on the clock

Just now, -Truth- said:

Definitely appreciate hearing that. Thank you.

Wilson is personally my DB two in the draft behind Adams, for what ever that's worth.

I was surprised Peppers lasted this long due to his versatility.  Think he is best suited as a safety vs. a linebacker, but the Steelers are in good position to utilize his strengths.

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

Wilson is personally my DB two in the draft behind Adams, for what ever that's worth.

One of my favorites as well. His patience in press coverage and the fact that he overcoming often by flipping his hips open too early remind me somewhat of Marcus Peters.

Just now, -Truth- said:

One of my favorites as well. His patience in press coverage and the fact that he overcoming often by flipping his hips open too early remind me somewhat of Marcus Peters.

The only thing you really wish Wilson had was better long speed. 

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

The only thing you really wish Wilson had was better long speed. 

Agreed there. And better run defense.

Edited by -Truth-

Just now, -Truth- said:

Agreed there.

Other than that, just a very excellent cover man that I'd highly consider if I'm the Ravens.

5 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Now the 12hr wait for the Steelers ....

Steelers and Falcons made their picks, cheatriots now

The good thing is that if there is a 12 hour wait, it's overnight for the large majority of us.

And here are the next 10 for maybe tomorrow morning

1.  Cleveland Browns @ArsenalRaven666
2.  Houston Texans @regz1997
3.  Dallas Cowboys @Inqui
4.  Chicago Bears @allblackraven
5.  Los Angeles Rams @jazz1988 (I got it right this time)
6.  Los Angeles Chargers @Jacquouille
7.  New York Jets @LosT_in_TranSlatioN
8.  Carolina Panthers @BALTIMOREFLACCO (currently on autoskip)
9.  Miami Dolphins @feel_the_rush
10.  New Orleans Saints @ravefan52

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

And here are the next 10 for maybe tomorrow morning

1.  Cleveland Browns @ArsenalRaven666
2.  Houston Texans @regz1997
3.  Dallas Cowboys @Inqui
4.  Chicago Bears @allblackraven
5.  Los Angeles Rams @jazz1988 (I got it right this time)
6.  Los Angeles Chargers @Jacquouille
7.  New York Jets @LosT_in_TranSlatioN
8.  Carolina Panthers @BALTIMOREFLACCO (currently on autoskip)
9.  Miami Dolphins @feel_the_rush
10.  New Orleans Saints @ravefan52

I will be at work when I go on the clock but will only be a 45minute delay before I get my break and make my pick.

I wonder in the real draft, where McDowell will get picked. I think the Atlanta might be the best place to unlock the beast within him.

Just looking at the 2016 season, I can say the defense kind of overachieved with all the injuries they had.

With the defensive guru Dan Quinn, a No non-sense Manuel Marquand, and a great teacher Bryant Young,
I think McDowell is going to flourish. It's a winning culture with a strong locker room, which he needs.

It's a big boom or bust pick that I have a good feeling will turn out good. 

Good thing, he sucked at his interviews, so he can drop to the Falcons.
But then, seeing him in a cheatroit uniform might give that division some nightmares.
Also, his talent is just going to get wasted if he goes to the wrong team AKA Cleveland.

Edited by Yatagarasu

For the record, I was considering Ramczyk at 10 if I wasn't able to get my guys. Really like what he brings in the running game. He is so much fun to watch run block.

Also really like the Cook pick, think Tampa would be a great fit for him

Not the biggest fan of Mitch but getting good value from him at this point

Really like Ross assuming he is healthy, solid route runner and can get separation on just about anyone with speed and quickness. This guy was running open down the field multiple times a game and his QB missed him or underthrew him a lot. I think Tyreek Hill is a good comp for him if healthy but a little more polished and maybe not as good a runner given Hill was a running back I think.

Pretty big fan of Conley, not the best against the run game but think he is about as solid as anyone in the draft in coverage

14 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I wonder in the real draft, where McDowell will get picked. I think the Atlanta might be the best place to unlock the beast within him.

Just looking at the 2016 season, I can say the defense kind of overachieved with all the injuries they had.

With the defensive guru Dan Quinn, a No non-sense Manuel Marquand, and a great teacher Bryant Young,

I think McDowell is going to flourish. It's a winning culture with a strong locker room, which he needs.

It's a big boom or bust pick that I have a good feeling will turn out good. 

Good thing, he sucked at his interviews, so he can drop to the Falcons.

But then, seeing him in a cheatroit uniform might give that division some nightmares.

Also, his talent is just going to get wasted if he goes to the wrong team AKA Cleveland.

Yeah the guy has talent for sure, I think the Falcons are a pretty solid fit for him

I feel like arnie really missed an opportunity not putting British talk show host Jonathan Ross for that pick's picture.  I would have laughed.

33 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

For the record, I was considering Ramczyk at 10 if I wasn't able to get my guys. Really like what he brings in the running game. He is so much fun to watch run block.

Also really like the Cook pick, think Tampa would be a great fit for him

Not the biggest fan of Mitch but getting good value from him at this point

Really like Ross assuming he is healthy, solid route runner and can get separation on just about anyone with speed and quickness. This guy was running open down the field multiple times a game and his QB missed him or underthrew him a lot. I think Tyreek Hill is a good comp for him if healthy but a little more polished and maybe not as good a runner given Hill was a running back I think.

Pretty big fan of Conley, not the best against the run game but think he is about as solid as anyone in the draft in coverage

I wouldn't have taken Mitchell top 10 for sure, but I still think he is the only first round worthy QB in this class and I think his value probably best served around the 13-25 range.

6 minutes ago, ravensnick said:

I wouldn't have taken Mitchell top 10 for sure, but I still think he is the only first round worthy QB in this class and I think his value probably best served around the 13-25 range.

Yeah I like the value and fit here, just think he will be overdrafted IRL

2 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Yeah I like the value and fit here, just think he will be overdrafted IRL

Totally agree, he needs develop for a year to really succeed IMO. Chargers, Saints, Chiefs, and Vikings (depending on how they feel about Teddy Bridgewater could all be solid locations to go, as they have QBs that could bridge.

Edited by ravensnick

Just now, ravensnick said:

Totally agree, he needs develop for a year to really succeed IMO.

Yeah only started one year and I don't think he ever lined up under Center. He will have time and good coaching in KC though and he does flash talent

Sorry about the slight delay. Work is kicking my butt. That's the accountant's life this time of year though...

Very surprised I was able to get Peppers there. Not my biggest need, but he was the BPA on my chart by a large margin. 

2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

looking to trade up from 2.21. is anyone interested?

Check your PM

Looking to move down from Round 2, Pick 15. PM me for offers.

2 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Sorry about the slight delay. Work is kicking my butt. That's the accountant's life this time of year though...

Very surprised I was able to get Peppers there. Not my biggest need, but he was the BPA on my chart by a large margin. 

Got to be honest but havent go a clue who still in your team, you lost a few in ERFA.

10 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Got to be honest but havent go a clue who still in your team, you lost a few in ERFA.

I only lost 1 player, Cockrell. I also just updated everything

Edited by Giants56Ravens52