• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,195 posts in this topic

Hey when is Tennessee Titans up for grabs, cause I don't mind taking over them as an interim GM. Will only go as an Acting GM if I get it before DB free agency is over. His SOF will only take 30 mins to update anyways, since I got a working formula.

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Hey when is Tennessee Titans up for grabs, cause I don't mind taking over them as an interim GM. Will only go as an Acting GM if I get it before DB free agency is over. His SOF will only take 30 mins to update anyways, since I got a working formula.

No.

17 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Everybody's got a working formula in SoF spreadsheet. What are you talking about?

And asking what you asked after raving about Titans cap in a discussion thread is just incredibly stupid. Do you even realise how pathetic and embarrassing you look right now?

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

The entire SoF is a working formula. The changes you've made with regards to formulas, something we've publicly prohibited, was creating a calculation for the Remaining Stars which doesn't round (i.e. Baltimore's figure being calculated as 18.859325), meaning it still requires manual calculation and data input, and adding a cell for the amount of cap space without the Rule of 51, which is a needless figure considering that the available cap space requires accounting for only the Top 51 salaries, and you've added a formula to count the roster total, which incorrectly counts crossed off members, i.e. Josh Keyes, as part of the roster, making the total count inaccurate. It also doesn't account for the possibility of the roster total dipping under 51, which would require the use of a different cell altogether since it would grant an incorrect amount of savings via the Rule of 51 adjustment.

I personally look forward to user feedback. Any enhancements that participants have for the SoF are welcome, especially considering that its practice is in its infant stages. But we do want to avoid seeing members quietly assuming the mantel and making their own changes without approval, especially if those changes lead to inaccurate results without increasing the efficiency nor the precision. The entire concept was created in order to maintain universal accuracy so long as the figures are entered in correctly. I think it's best that we keep it that way. As for Tennessee, their GM has participated for years and hasn't informed us of a possible departure, so dumping him unceremoniously isn't something we'd consider. If they did become available, I'm unsure of the chances of being the first option given the streak of invalid bids. It's a bit of a daunting thought when deciding whom to award a team with almost 70 Stars.

Thanks for the support guys. Giving you a little update. He knows he is behind obviously. He is ultra busy right now and did not have time to really dive into SoF because of the changed system and he does not want to make a mistake doing it. It probably would take 5 minutes as he hardly has done any moves (like he always does). It would have definitely been done before he would have joined the fun most likely yesterday.

As a matter of fact, I could have done his SoF but that would not have solved "the problem".

I'm not sure why anyone here cares if the TEN GM has made any moves. It's not your team, he's played this game for years and knows what he's doing, is likely over the age of 13, so some of us not actively involved in actually running this game should probably stay in their respective lane else they get hit by an 18-wheeler. Seriously why do you even care if the Titans spent a dime or in our case a half a star? 

On 28.2.2017 at 5:30 AM, rmw10 said:

Since it's kind of been brought up, @Ozzsome is also on lock until updates are made. 

Done.

10 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Thanks. I also found a great formula! I refreshingly called it 'type into this perfectly calculated cell that does everything for me'.
That formula is so well done it took me almost all of 24.5 seconds to update my State of the Franchise. It's incredible!

And also I really appreciate your input, but I guess I am perfectly aware of what the Titans need in order to field a better Team than in 2017

Sincerely,

Your Titans GM

16 minutes ago, Ozzsome said:

Thanks. I also found a great formula! I refreshingly called it 'type into this perfectly calculated cell that does everything for me'.
That formula is so well done it took me almost all of 24.5 seconds to update my State of the Franchise. It's incredible!

And also I really appreciate your input, but I guess I am perfectly aware of what the Titans need in order to field a better Team than in 2017

Sincerely,

Your Titans GM

So passive aggressive. 

I like it. 

1 hour ago, Ozzsome said:

Sincerely,

Your Titans GM

@Truth and I when designed the google sheet, tried to put together a document that would be brainless, easy to read, and able to be used over and over again.  This is our first run at it, so I'm sure we will have some updates for upcoming years, but the majority of the members understand how the SoF works.  If you have suggestions for upcoming years we are all ears.

Edited by RavensFanMania

11 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

@Truth and I when designed the google sheet, tried to put together a document that would be brainless, easy to read, and able to be used over and over again.  This is our first run at it, so I'm sure we will have some updates for upcoming years, but the majority of the members understand how the SoF works.  If you have suggestions for upcoming years we are all ears.

That was meant as a compliment towards you guys

3 minutes ago, PaRAYdise said:

That was meant as a compliment towards you guys

Yes I know it was.  But when he explained the ease of use, I decided to reply and kind of tell him what we were thinking when we designed it.  

Edited by RavensFanMania

Just now, RavensFanMania said:

Yes I know it was.  But when he explained the ease of use, I decided to reply 

oke, just wanted to make sure. And it is really easy to use and like you explained it erases potential calculation issues some guys had in previous years

6 minutes ago, PaRAYdise said:

oke, just wanted to make sure. And it is really easy to use and like you explained it erases potential calculation issues some guys had in previous years

It's also easier to check as in the past year CoCo had to check each GMs board, which was very difficult as there was no uniformity.

You guys are welcome for the additional 6 stars in cap space.  Usually we're still a touch under but we ended up with a pretty solid amount of extra space this year.

3 hours ago, Ozzsome said:

Sincerely,

Your Titans GM

I think the prices of those DBs just got up.

3 hours ago, Ozzsome said:

Sincerely,

Your Titans GM

That was beautiful :(

So much for that early bid on Gilmore making it all the way to the end lol

Edited by 52520Andrew

1 star away from matching KO's record setting bid from last year.

Just now, rmw10 said:

I fully expect we may crack the thirty star barrier by next year

6 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

I fully expect we may crack the thirty star barrier by next year

If I had more stars, probably sooner.

Are the compensatory picks in the Big Board final and I can add them to the SoF, real life Dolphins had a complicated deal with the Vikings, so I wasn't sure, which compensatory picks I will receive.

Are you able to trade them?

6 minutes ago, feel_the_rush said:

Are the compensatory picks in the Big Board final and I can add them to the SoF, real life Dolphins had a complicated deal with the Vikings, so I wasn't sure, which compensatory picks I will receive.

Are you able to trade them?

Yes and yes

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

Want me to break it? I will. Don't say I won't. 

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Want me to break it? I will. Don't say I won't. 

You can only break new record, KO's old is mine.

4 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I'm gonna place bids on gillmore just to make the price tag rise faster

Then you get stuck with him at 45 stars and a single tear rolls down your cheek