rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

1,111 posts in this topic

Just now, arnie_uk said:

Is it even applicable? Aren't we in a locked state?

I honestly don't even know how something like this applies lol.  Not sure we've ever been in a situation for something like this and I imagine we won't ever have to deal with it due to the short time frame in which we do this game.

1 hour ago, GrimCoconut said:

I like this new rule. Kinda makes it a bit more even for the team losing the player. On the subject of making it possible for teams to re-sign their own FA I think one way we could make this work is to allow each of the 32 teams designate only one player as their re-sign candidate.  Then have a separate FA period for these 32 players where anyone can bid on them, perhaps exclude the original team from this bidding process.  Then, at the end of the FA bidding period each team would be given a chance to match the highest bid placed on that player to retain them. This could differ from the franchise tag and RFA bidding period since these players would have no star value attached and the original team that had them wouldn't be able to bid, so theoretically it would be fair as players typically shop their value and return to their original teams to match. 

Just a thought. Might be a stupid idea logistically but figured it may solve the whole issue with trying to re-sign your own guys. We could even include restructures in this process where the team could select a player to re-sign or could select a player already on the roster whose contract they want to rework and submit the player through this same process, but instead of no star value the team would need to put out the star value of the contract and see if anyone wants to match it. This would obviously risk the player being claimed by another team so it would require some strategy. 

I hope that made some sense. Kinda wrote that up while on the treadmill after being inspired by the new rule proposed by Arnie.

This is kind of interesting.  Obviously late to apply something like this for this year, but worth considering once we see how (un)successful the new process is.

Edited by rmw10

7 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

Game was locked before this took place. Not relevant to our game 

5 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I honestly don't even know how something like this applies lol.  Not sure we've ever been in a situation for something like this and I imagine we won't ever have to deal with it due to the short time frame in which we do this game.

My only counter argument in his favor is that this is like a retirement or suspension situation. Yes it's after our lockout but we've always taken those two factors into consideration before in this game so I can't see why this wouldn't apply. It's true that this may be irrelevant but it's still something I think that should be monitored.

1 minute ago, GrimCoconut said:

My only counter argument in his favor is that this is like a retirement or suspension situation. Yes it's after our lockout but we've always taken those two factors into consideration before in this game so I can't see why this wouldn't apply. It's true that this may be irrelevant but it's still something I think that should be monitored.

Oh yeah we'll just have to see how the process plays out.

3 minutes ago, GrimCoconut said:

This makes sense. If we're factoring in suspensions and retirements, this should apply.

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

Oh yeah we'll just have to see how the process plays out.

Jets are not going to do anything and will just let the NFL deal with it.

If they were planning on cutting him this will save them a whole lot of money

4 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Jets are not going to do anything and will just let the NFL deal with it.

If they were planning on cutting him this will save them a whole lot of money

Real life Jets have to make a decision by March 11th on whether or not to pick up his roster bonus, which would be saved in this game anyways.  The real quandary for this game would be if they try to recoup his signing bonus money as well.  However, that process typically takes an eternity and probably won't be applicable to this game based solely on timing.

Edited by rmw10

7 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Real life Jets have to make a decision by March 11th on whether or not to pick up his roster bonus, which would be saved in this game anyways.  The real quandary for this game would be if they try to recoup his signing bonus money as well.  However, that process typically takes an eternity and probably won't be applicable to this game based solely on timing.

Just a suggestion but if that's the case and it's unlikely to be resolved but we think it may be in the Jets favor due to the circumstances and since the Jets kinda have a crappy cap how about you guys make a decision as the commissioner(s) of the game, one way or another? I just feel like it would be fair on his end especially since the circumstances appear to potentially benefit the Jets but at a point when it'll be irrelevant as you said 

1 minute ago, GrimCoconut said:

Just a suggestion but if that's the case and it's unlikely to be resolved but we think it may be in the Jets favor due to the circumstances and since the Jets kinda have a crappy cap how about you guys make a decision as the commissioner(s) of the game, one way or another? I just feel like it would be fair on his end especially since the circumstances appear to potentially benefit the Jets but at a point when it'll be irrelevant as you said 

We'll just have to see how the process even plays out in real life first.  The incident did just happen so it's probably something we can clarify a bit more in the coming days.

I would say, just leave the decision up to @LosT_in_TranSlatioN and whatever he wants to do. If he wants to Cut Revis then that's fine, if not then I guess he stays on the team in the game and theoretically would have to prepare for a a "X amount of games suspension" for the regular season.

I have made all necessary cuts, updated my depth chart and checked through my SoF with all looking correct.

I dont forsee any trades in the next couple of hours so should be ready for the week ahead.

Away on a coarse for work with limited time so be patient, will note any changes and update them when back. 

Should be fun doing this on an iphone ... not

I feel like if something is in the framework of a deal that has been established before the game has started, then it should be in effect now. I mean if something like that is in the Jets deal with Revis, I imagine they would have agreed on it all when they signed him which was far before the lock date in this game. If anything, I think it would be violating the lock rule to not give the Jets the option based on what is in the deal since that would be changing the terms of the contract. I don't see how giving the Jets a power they had the entire contract would be a violation of the rules.

5 hours ago, rmw10 said:

@JO_75 and @jazz1988 - Please update your picks on your SoF to Round #, Pick # format

Do you know  a site where i can find what draft picks The Rams have because  the ones I found were confusing

Edited by jazz1988

Just now, jazz1988 said:

Do you know  a site where i can find what draft picks The Rams have because ones I found were confusing

wikipedia is actually a pretty good source I have found for this

1 minute ago, jazz1988 said:

Do you know  a site where i can find what draft picks The Rams have because  the ones I found were confusing

Go on the big board thread to see all the picks, you dont have a 1st or 3rd.  Im sure some may change with the introduction of comp picks later (you are due a 4th and 6th on OTC).  This is the one I use to play about with picks and see their values.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=bal

1 minute ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

Go on the big board thread to see all the picks, you dont have a 1st or 3rd.  Im sure some may change with the introduction of comp picks later (you are due a 4th and 6th on OTC).  This is the one I use to play about with picks and see their values.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=bal

Thank you .This is very helpful.

1 minute ago, jazz1988 said:

Thank you .This is very helpful.

its good other then it hates the browns having knocked out all the 1st picks of each round !? shows i only have 3 picks lol

4 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

And side note, I know I have to work on the whole Vikings/Colts coin flip as I have that a little messed up right now.  Will be done ASAP.

Pretty sure there's an app for that lol

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

How frequently is this updated?

Every single time a trade is made, so at least a couple of times a day.  With that being said, I'm probably going to have to tear it down and restart because I messed up.

Just now, rmw10 said:

Every single time a trade is made, so at least a couple of times a day.  With that being said, I'm probably going to have to tear it down and restart because I messed up.

Yeah one of my trades aren't being accounted for on there that's why I asked lol

Just now, JoeyFlex5 said:

Yeah one of my trades aren't being accounted for on there that's why I asked lol

There have just been so many errors that I messed myself up so look for a true updated version sometime tomorrow.