rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

1,111 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I think I'm done though, at least until the draft. I was so close to squeezing out another 3rd rounder but the trade I had lined up was a plan b for the other guy lol

Drug addicts say the same thing...

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

Drug addicts say the same thing...

There's an infinite amount of drugs in the world, I don't have those same resources lol

Just now, JoeyFlex5 said:

There's an infinite amount of drugs in the world, I don't have those same resources lol

I'll take your word. :P 

38 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

@CalvinSmoke front seven is looking ridiculous. 

😊 thanks man. The defense isn't perfect but the front 7 is looking pretty darned nasty 

1 hour ago, -Truth- said:

"Revis is alleged to have knocked two men unconscious"

Hands.jpg

Is one of the two people Geno Smith? I get that everyone hates him but man lol

REMINDER: ALL TENDERS AND TAG DECISIONS ARE DUE TOMORROW AT 7PM EST.  ANYONE NOT TENDERED OR TAGGED WILL BECOME A FREE AGENT

38 minutes ago, berad said:

Last day to do your RFA, ERFA, and franchise tagging!

There are still a few teams that haven'd done depth charts or filled in their SoF.

10 minutes ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

There are still a few teams that haven'd done depth charts or filled in their SoF.

And do this, too!

The Google Doc is an innovation, folks! Makes it easy

Updated the free agency dates and added a new rule that we're going to give a shot.  See the rules thread for details.

34 minutes ago, berad said:

And do this, too!

The Google Doc is an innovation, folks! Makes it easy

Nah, too much accounting...

I thought this was just some airchair GM job, but feels like a finance & accounting HW.

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

I thought this was just some airchair GM job, but feels like a finance & accounting HW.

Well we do a lot of rounding, and they're stars so that's fun

How else will you know how much money you have?

18 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Updated the free agency dates and added a new rule that we're going to give a shot.  See the rules thread for details.

Thats one great new rule!

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

That's why we went with the Google Doc, so you could do less and less of that.  It's just entering your moves and keeping things updated once you have everything set up.

54 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

To be brutally honest, your SoF page is a mess. You've created your own column to calculate the exact total saved on the cuts, rounding the total afterwards, when everyone has been instructed to round the savings of each individual cut. That itself wasn't done correctly because the savings of Adrian Clayborn's $4,250,000 were rounded down to 4 Stars when it should've been rounded up to 4.5 Stars. The formula for the Total Starting Cap has been altered for to use a different calculation to attain the same figure as the original calculation, making the change pointless. I'll reiterate a point I've made several days ago. Don't meddle with the formulas. Don't add any extra columns, especially since the formulas are calculated to register numbers from specific cells. It only serves to impede the universal accuracy that was established. Just punch in the names and numbers and let it work for you.

Edited by -Truth-

10 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

To be brutally honest, your SoF page is a mess. You've created your own column to calculate the exact total saved on the cuts, rounding the total afterwards, when everyone has been instructed to round the savings of each individual cut. That itself wasn't done correctly because the savings of Adrian Clayborn's $4,250,000 were rounded down to 4 Stars when it should've been rounded up to 4.5 Stars. The formula for the Total Starting Cap has been altered for to use a different calculation to attain the same figure as the original calculation, making the change pointless. I'll reiterate a point I've made several days ago. Don't meddle with the formulas. Don't add any extra columns, especially since the formulas are calculated to register numbers from specific cells. It only serves to impede the universal accuracy that was established. Just punch in the names and numbers and let it work for you.

But I'm going to add a bunch of stuff to it...

I just went through and did a cap check and everyone that has a SOF should now officially have the correct starting numbers.  A few of you were a bit off and it represented more cap savings for you, so yay for cap checks.  At this point, all the math should just be done for you so there should be no issues other than not rounding correctly and not updating your current number of players.

BOLD = very important

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's a standardized process for a reason.  Everything is built so nothing should have to be added or done on your end other than inputting your moves.

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

If you want to add your own data, add it to the bottom of the SoF. You have limitless space there. The already-created sections are not to be messed around with. That's not a request. We need every page to display the same information up to so that we can accurately audit the pages.

I like this new rule. Kinda makes it a bit more even for the team losing the player. On the subject of making it possible for teams to re-sign their own FA I think one way we could make this work is to allow each of the 32 teams designate only one player as their re-sign candidate.  Then have a separate FA period for these 32 players where anyone can bid on them, perhaps exclude the original team from this bidding process.  Then, at the end of the FA bidding period each team would be given a chance to match the highest bid placed on that player to retain them. This could differ from the franchise tag and RFA bidding period since these players would have no star value attached and the original team that had them wouldn't be able to bid, so theoretically it would be fair as players typically shop their value and return to their original teams to match. 

Just a thought. Might be a stupid idea logistically but figured it may solve the whole issue with trying to re-sign your own guys. We could even include restructures in this process where the team could select a player to re-sign or could select a player already on the roster whose contract they want to rework and submit the player through this same process, but instead of no star value the team would need to put out the star value of the contract and see if anyone wants to match it. This would obviously risk the player being claimed by another team so it would require some strategy. 

I hope that made some sense. Kinda wrote that up while on the treadmill after being inspired by the new rule proposed by Arnie.

Not my team but for @LosT_in_TranSlatioNbenefit how does the Revis situation affect him with the following disclaimer, as I would imagine if he's suspended then LiT could void his base salary and guaranteed money and recoup that for his benefit in FA? 

Darrelle Revis - DB -  Jets

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, the Jets are able to void Darrelle Revis' deal if he's suspended or fined for conduct detrimental to the team or for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

The Jets were already unlikely to bring Revis back at his $13 million salary for next season, but now his arrest makes it even easier for the team to move on. If Revis is suspended or fined by either the team or the league (a near certainty if the charges stick), the Jets can recoup his entire salary including the $6 million he was guaranteed for 2017. The Jets have until March 11 to decide his fate. Revis is due a $2 million roster bonus on that date.

10 minutes ago, GrimCoconut said:

Not my team but for @LosT_in_TranSlatioNbenefit how does the Revis situation affect him with the following disclaimer, as I would imagine if he's suspended then LiT could void his base salary and guaranteed money and recoup that for his benefit in FA? 

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, the Jets are able to void Darrelle Revis' deal if he's suspended or fined for conduct detrimental to the team or for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

The Jets were already unlikely to bring Revis back at his $13 million salary for next season, but now his arrest makes it even easier for the team to move on. If Revis is suspended or fined by either the team or the league (a near certainty if the charges stick), the Jets can recoup his entire salary including the $6 million he was guaranteed for 2017. The Jets have until March 11 to decide his fate. Revis is due a $2 million roster bonus on that date.

Usually those voided bonus types of deals take awhile to resolve.  I imagine this game will be long and over before the bonus fate is decided.

17 minutes ago, GrimCoconut said:

Game was locked before this took place. Not relevant to our game 

6 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Usually those voided bonus types of deals take awhile to resolve.  I imagine this game will be long and over before the bonus fate is decided.

Is it even applicable? Aren't we in a locked state?