• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,263 posts in this topic

9 spots to go.  I know berad and ravensdan will occupy two, and we also have few other (hopefully) returning members from last year who haven't been online since the signups started.  I'd guess that 5 of those 9 spots will be occupied.

11 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

9 spots to go.  I know berad and ravensdan will occupy two, and we also have few other (hopefully) returning members from last year who haven't been online since the signups started.  I'd guess that 5 of those 9 spots will be occupied.

Sounds good.
Time to hit the recruiting trail

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

Eh so be it lol

Well I am not picking at all so yeah lol

That wasn't too bad, just set the lineup once a week. I just don't have time to do a SOF, Depth Chart, and just stick around the treads during the final 5 every couple days. 

understand.  Hopefully you're back next year

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

Eh so be it lol

Well I am not picking at all so yeah lol

That wasn't too bad, just set the lineup once a week. I just don't have time to do a SOF, Depth Chart, and just stick around the treads during the final 5 every couple days. 

You know you're going to be one of the first ones we're coming to if/when a replacement is needed.

11 hours ago, RavensFanMania said:

Atleast I don't have to wear the giants jersey anymore from our old bets. Welcome to the game. 

Thanks. Don't worry, you're still welcome to wear my old Starter Sehorn Jersey whenever you wish :)

In other news, I believe I may have just hit the aforementioned 15 post mark. This should make things much easier going forward... aside from the learning curve of trying to figure this whole thing out from last year's threads.  

If I'm ever unable to make a pick or anything, I will likely leave a pick list with RavensFanMania to keep things moving smoothly.

Just now, Giants56Ravens52 said:

In other news, I believe I may have just hit the aforementioned 15 post mark. This should make things much easier going forward... aside from the learning curve of trying to figure this whole thing out from last year's threads.  

Not yet :(

14 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Thanks. Don't worry, you're still welcome to wear my old Starter Sehorn Jersey whenever you wish :)

no thanks!

2 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

If I'm ever unable to make a pick or anything, I will likely leave a pick list with RavensFanMania to keep things moving smoothly.

Yep, I'll have no problem making your pick for you and posting a nice pick of the player.

12 hours ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Very, as long as I have a decent offensive line in front of me (or it's against the Patriots). Unfortunately Eli hasn't had one of those in a few years.

In all honesty I did not pick #10 because of Eli. It's the # I wore when I played hockey.

Fair on all accounts.

3 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

You'll learn quickly.  I know it's a lot to digest but we do it all in segments so we'll be doing 1 thing at a time for the most part.  As always, you have the CoCo here to answer any questions you might have.

26 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Yep, I'll have no problem making your pick for you and posting a nice pick of the player.

Make sure it's an embarrassing pic of the guy in college!

Edited by Giants56Ravens52
typo

5 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Fair on all accounts.

I'm hoping the Giants can get better on the O-line. As much as the WCO helps alleviate it a bit, it's hard for Eli to do much when Flowers is just letting people by him. 

Thankfully I see both the Giants and Ravens needing very little to be very good teams next year, that and health of course always being a factor.

7 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

You'll learn quickly.  I know it's a lot to digest but we do it all in segments so we'll be doing 1 thing at a time for the most part.  As always, you have the CoCo here to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks. I appreciate the help! I'm sure I'll catch on quickly. You can ask RavensFanMania about how I usually am with my regular fantasy leagues.

2 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

I'm hoping the Giants can get better on the O-line. As much as the WCO helps alleviate it a bit, it's hard for Eli to do much when Flowers is just letting people by him. 

Thankfully I see both the Giants and Ravens needing very little to be very good teams next year, that and health of course always being a factor.

I'm with you. I like the interior foundation with Justin Pugh and Weston Richburg, but the OT situation was an absolute mess. Flowers took a significant step back this season. To be honest, I wasn't overly high on him from a technique standpoint when scouting him, so I'm unsure as to whether he'll improve. Your defense is basically set. The NYPD, one of my favorite nicknames, is one of the best secondaries in the league. You have two terrific edge rushers and I've been a fan of Damon Harrison for quite some time, so I was glad to see him earn his keep. The only potential point of need defensively may be at LB, and perhaps a rotational DT. It's about as close to a finished product as you can get.

11 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I'm with you. I like the interior foundation with Justin Pugh and Weston Richburg, but the OT situation was an absolute mess. Flowers took a significant step back this season. To be honest, I wasn't overly high on him from a technique standpoint when scouting him, so I'm unsure as to whether he'll improve. Your defense is basically set. The NYPD, one of my favorite nicknames, is one of the best secondaries in the league. You have two terrific edge rushers and I've been a fan of Damon Harrison for quite some time, so I was glad to see him earn his keep. The only potential point of need defensively may be at LB, and perhaps a rotational DT. It's about as close to a finished product as you can get.

Completely agreed. Flowers was definitely taken on his beastly physical attributes because they thought they could coach him up, but unless he improves his technique dramatically this season he's doomed to be a bust. I think they'll switch him to RT either way at this point, and I'm hoping they go after Whitworth (and draft depth) since Eli's window is closing and they can't wait for a guy to develop anymore. 

4 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

Is @Mt. Crushmore going to be around this year?

He hasn't been on since Dec 5th......... looks like he may miss out unless he signs back on today or something.

3 hours ago, rmw10 said:

You know you're going to be one of the first ones we're coming to if/when a replacement is needed.

I know but my answer won't change lol

57 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

Is @Mt. Crushmore going to be around this year?

He has left us for the time being.  He got a new job quite a few months back so we're down a major member around these parts.

19 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

He has left us for the time being.  He got a new job quite a few months back so we're down a major member around these parts.

I heard about this from @-Truth- and @Mt. Crushmore will be missed.  Hopefully he makes it back to the game in the future or atleast can way in on the draft as an outsider through the discussion thread.

3 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

I heard about this from @-Truth- and @Mt. Crushmore will be missed.  Hopefully he makes it back to the game in the future or atleast can way in on the draft as an outsider through the discussion thread.

Yes that is too bad. He will be missed for sure

7 spots left and I know of at least 2 people that will be in ( @ravensdan and @BALTIMOREFLACCO ), but they have't been online since we started signups.  5 more to go.  Not bad for less than 24 hours so far.  It's always a struggle to fill the last couple, though.

6 hours ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Thanks. I appreciate the help! I'm sure I'll catch on quickly. You can ask RavensFanMania about how I usually am with my regular fantasy leagues.

Yeah, hes a ringer, but if you want to win your fantasy league, don't participate in the league with him :)

1 hour ago, arnie_uk said:

I think gabe has left us, based on our last conversation. 

I figured that as well, but always worth a shot.  Think I remember him disappearing and then coming back solely for the game.  Didn't get that sense this year but worth tagging him just in case.