rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,648 posts in this topic

That will pretty much complete my defense and I hit everything I wanted to do there and in this game this year.

My number one priority was to upgrade the CB position and I was able to add a new top 3 with Maxwell, Conley, and now House.  I wanted to move Randall back to his more natural S the whole time, and he'll play the Micah Hyde role for me.

One of my big keys was finding versatile players and finding depth to allow players to be more versatile.  My depth chart is starting to reflect it, but Tyus Bowser will likely play all 4 of my LB spots at some point and will slot in on the inside in the base defense.  With me being able to move Randall back to S, that allows Morgan Burnett to also play the hybrid ILB role that he excelled in late last season.

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

That will pretty much complete my defense and I hit everything I wanted to do there and in this game this year.

My number one priority was to upgrade the CB position and I was able to add a new top 3 with Maxwell, Conley, and now House.  I wanted to move Randall back to his more natural S the whole time, and he'll play the Micah Hyde role for me.

One of my big keys was finding versatile players and finding depth to allow players to be more versatile.  My depth chart is starting to reflect it, but Tyus Bowser will likely play all 4 of my LB spots at some point and will slot in on the inside in the base defense.  With me being able to move Randall back to S, that allows Morgan Burnett to also play the hybrid ILB role that he excelled in late last season.

I think you've definitely accomplished the goal. Big fan of the Conley acquisition. I was tussling with the concept of drafting Wilson or Conley, and Conley's a better bet to go earlier between the two. Maxwell quietly had a terrific season, which makes me proud of my former UDFA signee. Conley should be able to step into the No.2 role, Quinten Rollins still has upside, and LaDarius Gunter, while being burdened with a larger role than preferred last season, will now be a reserve with a full season of starting experience. And you've mentioned playing Randall everywhere.

Assuming no one else picks him up, I have 1 more signing in me.

Zamora is in for a hell of a summer. He'll be running pit drills until the middle of August and then unceremoniously released by the roster deadline.

2 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

That would be it for me

The Seahawks had the rights to Marshawn Lynch before this process begun. He's technically a Seahawk. He probably would've been the first name off the board had he been available.

Edited by -Truth-

1 minute ago, allblackraven said:

How come DC boy don't have him on the roster?

He hasn't updated it. But we've discussed the situation with him once the news broke and we acknowledged that he should be with the team that's held his rights.

Edited by -Truth-

2 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

He hasn't updated it. But we've discussed the situation with him once the news broke and we acknowledged that he should be with the team that's held his rights.

OK, took him of my roster

Game's been little less fun this year for obvious reasons but we did well considering and I enjoyed it again. Hopefully we pick it up again on alternative board in the future.

3 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

OK, took him of my roster

Game's been little less fun this year for obvious reasons but we did well considering and I enjoyed it again. Hopefully we pick it up again on alternative board in the future.

I'm sorry about that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

I'm absolutely with you. I thought it was going well until the announcement came and then it just sucked the momentum right out of the process. It honestly felt like the rug was swept from under us. I am definitely glad to hear that it was still enjoyable to you and I will make certain that it continues on the alternative board next year. I'm still planning on getting together the DaF process for this year there as well. It actually might be a good introduction to any new participants considering how much easier it is in comparison to the FM.

Edited by -Truth-

37 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I'm sorry about that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

I'm absolutely with you. I thought it was going well until the announcement came and then it just sucked the momentum right out of the process. It honestly felt like the rug was swept from under us. I am definitely glad to hear that it was still enjoyable to you and I will make certain that it continues on the alternative board next year. I'm still planning on getting together the DaF process for this year there as well. It actually might be a good introduction to any new participants considering how much easier it is in comparison to the FM.

Agree on DaF. NBA draft, too but only if I can have Jokic

15 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Agree on DaF. NBA draft, too but only if I can have Jokic

lol He could very well fall to you. We need to. Although I'm not sure that I'll be able to top my previous team. It would've started Kemba Walker, Dwyane Wade, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Hassan Whiteside. Tony Parker and Darren Collison coming off the bench at PG, Nicolas Batum at SG/SF, James Johnson at SF/PF, and Tim Duncan (One season prior to retirement) at PF/C, and Jusuf Nurkić at C. Ersan Ilyasova and David Lee have been solid as well, and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson offers some long-term upside as a rebounding and defending forward.

Edited by -Truth-

Happy to have Nick Mangold and Bobby Massie at this point via the FFA. Both have been solid-to-passable starters over the last few years, and they should provide capable depth behind Rodney Hudson and Ricky Wagner.

Edited by -Truth-

Bah I was gonna spend all my cap space on Massie.  Didn't realize we weren't bidding.

37 minutes ago, T3hRaven said:

Bah I was gonna spend all my cap space on Massie.  Didn't realize we weren't bidding.

Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, T3hRaven said:

I was going to use mine on Nick Mangold.  I knew we were allowed one player an hour but didnt realise we couldnt bidoff or would have put mine in as soon as first bid went in.

20 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Just wanted to post a Manti Te'o meme for the road

Related image

You may have signed Manti T'eo but I hired his girlfriend as my personal assistant.

Next year all the paperwork will be in order

Hey @-Truth- I beat you to the punch on Grover Stewart earlier today. Figured I'd fill in my 3rd signing from my last grouping. 

10 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Hey @-Truth- I beat you to the punch on Grover Stewart earlier today. Figured I'd fill in my 3rd signing from my last grouping. 

lol That you did. Were we reading the same report about his number of his visits? Truth be told, I wasn't wowed by the tape, but I read that he's apparently light years ahead technique wise than he was during the season. Figured I'd give him a shot.

Just now, -Truth- said:

lol That you did. Were we reading the same report about his number of his visits? Truth be told, I wasn't wowed by the tape, but I read that he's apparently light years ahead technique wise than he was during the season. Figured I'd give him a shot.

Exactly why I did it lol. Liked a couple things I saw on tape, but wouldn't have considered him had it not been mentioned how much technique work he's been doing. Figured it's worth a shot. I respect Tony Pauline a lot, although I think he inflates values sometimes. 

Just now, rmw10 said:

Exactly why I did it lol. Liked a couple things I saw on tape, but wouldn't have considered him had it not been mentioned how much technique work he's been doing. Figured it's worth a shot. I respect Tony Pauline a lot, although I think he inflates values sometimes. 

Great minds then. I won't lie, I don't have the exact time that I penciled him in. I ended up writing him in and then returning at a later time to add the picture, but I'll respectfully abide by the current time stamps and concede him. Agreed entirely about the technique portion changing my mind. I don't follow Pauline much but I'll take your word for his background.

12 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Great minds then. I won't lie, I don't have the exact time that I penciled him in. I ended up writing him in and then returning at a later time to add the picture, but I'll respectfully abide by the current time stamps and concede him. Agreed entirely about the technique portion changing my mind. I don't follow Pauline much but I'll take your word for his background.

I can confirm he wasn't in when I picked him up.  I double and triple checked because I knew I was adding him retroactively. Wasn't planning on adding anyone else but when you see a guy saying he could go 3rd round, you take a chance. 

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I can confirm he wasn't in when I picked him up.  I double and triple checked because I knew I was adding him retroactively. Wasn't planning on adding anyone else but when you see a guy saying he could go 3rd round, you take a chance. 

Good to hear. That gives me relief. Absolutely with regards on the latter. I feel like Mt. Crushmore, who'd sneak in after the real-life draft and quickly sign all of the players that were drafted. #ShotsFired

On 4/17/2017 at 10:01 PM, 52520Andrew said:

Just wanted to post a Manti Te'o meme for the road

21459y1.jpg

We had a good run.