• Announcements

    • Admin 3

      UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

      After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
rmw10

2017 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

3,263 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Sitting behind Brees could do wonders for Mahomes. He's the epitome of a project, but one of the better qualities about Mahomes is that he's been vocal about recognizing the issues with his technique and stating that he always uses constructive criticism to better his weaknesses. He spoke about Brees specifically at the Combine, stating that he would love the opportunity to sit behind him and pick his brain on a daily basis. It's fair to wonder whether he can control his gunslinger mentality, but I feel like he should be cut some slack due to the fact that he was asked to shoulder the load on an almost astronomical level at times. One of the most mind-numbing numbers with relation to Mahomes is that the Texas Tech defense allowed an average of 40 points per game through their 12 games. In addition, their OL was shoddy, they don't have a single other player projected to be drafted, and their leading rusher amassed 428 yards, which I can't place entirely on the air-raid approach given that DeAndre Washington broke the 1,100 yard mark in his last two seasons there. In almost every game, there were one or two plays wherein he took terrible ill-fated deep throws that were almost intercepted. It's a wonder whether he'll work through that mentality given that his surrounding talent would likely be better and that he won't have to force these throws nearly as often as he did in college. But the raw foundation is there in my eyes. He can make every throw, he looks downfield when he scrambles and he steps up into the pocket when he's pressured from the outside during the throw. He was absolutely worth the gamble at this point. At best, you've secured a future starter after Brees retires. At worst, it's a loss of a late 3rd round selection.

That's very reassuring to hear about Mahomes specifically mentioning Brees at the Combine.

Very intriguing statistics on that Texas Tech team. He definitely did appear to have to singlehandedly keep that team in games at times. It was good to see him succeed in 2016 without his safety net DeAndre Washington as well. 

I'm reference to the point about Mahomes having good building blocks, I'm I'm in agreement. I liked what I saw on tape, especially his ability to throw on the run, keeping his eyes downfield as you said, and how most times he makes the correct reads. Yet again, I also saw how at times he'll make those 1-2 "ill-fated throws". That simply won't fly in the NFL, but with time, practice, and the mentorship of Drew Brees perhaps he can make the correct throw more often. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

That's very reassuring to hear about Mahomes specifically mentioning Brees at the Combine.

Very intriguing statistics on that Texas Tech team. He definitely did appear to have to singlehandedly keep that team in games at times. It was good to see him succeed in 2016 without his safety net DeAndre Washington as well. 

I'm reference to the point about Mahomes having good building blocks, I'm I'm in agreement. I liked what I saw on tape, especially his ability to throw on the run, keeping his eyes downfield as you said, and how most times he makes the correct reads. Yet again, I also saw how at times he'll make those 1-2 "ill-fated throws". That simply won't fly in the NFL, but with time, practice, and the mentorship of Drew Brees perhaps he can make the correct throw more often. 

Agreed on all accounts. It made for fun tapes to watch. The guy had to fight against 40 burgers on a weekly basis like he was Terrence Cody's cholesterol levels.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T3hRaven said:

Looks like I'll need to pass my board off to someone.

I'm around for few more hours

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@-Truth- I'm going to sleep and will be back up at around 6:30.  If Seattle goes on the clock, please make my pick.  If not, I'll make it in the morning, I texted you earlier who I was targeting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Truth- said:

@Yatagarasu No posting tentative trades. We had enough of that from you in the previous FM.

I didn't mean tentative trades.
I meant Tentative Guideline, meaning try to send an offer similar to the confirmed trades that happened to move up in the 3rd.
Unless I posted it confusingly. I'll try to clear it up a bit.

 

Even if it is a tentative trade, nothing wrong with it because these trades are discussed way ahead of the pick.
If the prospect is not there, then the trade is confirmed. If the prospect is there, then I just send in the draft card,

 

Anyhow, looking around to trade out of the 3rd round. I'm not getting any of my target prospects drop to me at the end of each round, so I'm switching gears and just going to go for quantity over quality.

 

 

Edited by Yatagarasu
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have an issue with the post itself. It was more of a preemptive warning to make sure that the tentative, not previously discussed offers aren't placed in the Trade thread.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, definitely a fan of the Henderson pick. He's somewhat of a terror in the open field.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Truth- said:

By the way, definitely a fan of the Henderson pick. He's somewhat of a terror in the open field.

Nasty speed and change of direction.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Appreciate you looking out.

Need to call JO_75's neighbour to wake up JO so I can pick after him

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -Truth- said:

By the way, definitely a fan of the Henderson pick. He's somewhat of a terror in the open field.

Thanks, I hesitated with a few other prospects but having Henderson, Zay Jones and Samuel in the same receiving corps looked really impressive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the chances we can finish round 3 by tomorrow?  That's 17 picks in 2 days.  I feel like that should be completely doable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

What are the chances we can finish round 3 by tomorrow?  That's 17 picks in 2 days.  I feel like that should be completely doable.

I am ready to make my pick whenever I am up :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Archeearl92 said:

I am ready to make my pick whenever I am up :P

Won't be me delaying, no more picks this round 😜

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be fooled by this small school prospect.  Gerald Everett, TE from South Alabama has big time upside and could play TE or WR.  He knows how to create separation and creates major mismatches on linebackers.  The Seahawks welcome Everett.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RavensFanMania said:

Don't be fooled by this small school prospect.  Gerald Everett, TE from South Alabama has big time upside and could play TE or WR.  He knows how to create separation and creates major mismatches on linebackers.  The Seahawks welcome Everett.

He was a superior athlete thats why he gained separation. He routes were bad. But I was surprised by his willingness to block. But yes he can be a matchup nightmare while still being ok as a blocker. He is immensly raw but has serious upside and potential. Just needs a good Coach, buy in and time.

And he was in my top 3 for 3.30

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rmw10 said:

What are the chances we can finish round 3 by tomorrow?  That's 17 picks in 2 days.  I feel like that should be completely doable.

I'm going to guess the answer is no.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PaRAYdise said:

He was a superior athlete thats why he gained separation. He routes were bad. But I was surprised by his willingness to block. But yes he can be a matchup nightmare while still being ok as a blocker. He is immensly raw but has serious upside and potential. Just needs a good Coach, buy in and time.

And he was in my top 3 for 3.30

Yes I do agree his routes were bad.  He tended to round out his routes, but that is coachable.  Agree he needs a good coach.  It will also help that he is not the number 1 TE on the field as I do have Barnidge.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick will be in shortly, I also have a comp pick coming up correct?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Pick will be in shortly, I also have a comp pick coming up correct?

Correct.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Pick will be in shortly, I also have a comp pick coming up correct?

Yep.  Pick 35 in the round.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now