• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
BmoreBird22

The Super Bowl Thread

905 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

so did flacco and that offense.

6 points after the outage.

that is not what you call bad to?

only a legit excuse for the offense apperently lol

No. It applies to them too. The niners came out of the outage with a fire under their butts. They played like a different team. 

10 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

How is it not like the power outage? I should ask that.

Because while the falcons didn't get the ball until after halftime, we still had momentum on our side. We opened the half with a bang. Jacoby just returned it for a TD. The defense came up with a stop. Then the power goes out. And acted as a second halftime. We were hit, it destroyed our momentum. It provided more time for readjustments and the niners capitalized on the advantage. This game, time didn't stop for both teams for basically a a second half time

3 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

Well the pats dont need it.

unlike the niners the pats have been dominating the league for a while now.

giving the pats to little credit if you think they needed an extra break like the niners tbh

Really? Coming down from 25 is a huge chore. Props to the pats because they fought through until the end and readjusted accordingly but Atlanta crapped the bed HARD.

and I didn't blame Ryan at all. I've been defending the guy. He played great. I've made a few jokes at his expense but that's it

9 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

No. It applies to them too. The niners came out of the outage with a fire under their butts. They played like a different team. 

Because while the falcons didn't get the ball until after halftime, we still had momentum on our side. We opened the half with a bang. Jacoby just returned it for a TD. The defense came up with a stop. Then the power goes out. And acted as a second halftime. We were hit, it destroyed our momentum. It provided more time for readjustments and the niners capitalized on the advantage. This game, time didn't stop for both teams for basically a a second half time

Really? Coming down from 25 is a huge chore. Props to the pats because they fought through until the end and readjusted accordingly but Atlanta crapped the bed HARD.

and I didn't blame Ryan at all. I've been defending the guy. He played great. I've made a few jokes at his expense but that's it

You say it also applies to the offense, yet when recalling that SB run you give the defense no credit based on how they played after the outage while giving flacco full credit based on how he played before the outage.

makes sense.....

2 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

You say it also applies to the offense, yet when recalling that SB run you give the defense no credit based on how they played after the outage while giving flacco full credit based on how he played before the outage.

makes sense.....

If that's what we are focusing on fine I messed up. But the outage is still vastly different. We still had momentum and probably don't blow the lead without the outage. The falcons just crapped the bed with a comedy of errors

6 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

If that's what we are focusing on fine I messed up. But the outage is still vastly different. We still had momentum and probably don't blow the lead without the outage. The falcons just crapped the bed with a comedy of errors

ow im focusing on the entire season tbh.

both the offense and defense where avg to below avg during the season.

both played ridiculous once the play offs started all the way to the outage.

both where horrible after the outage.

just dont understand why only the offense gets credit.

as for the falcons yeah they shitted the bed hard.

not suprised given how young that defense is though and seeing who they where up against.

as for ryan , he deserves little to no blame tbh based on the standards here.

46 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

LMAO!  Since you are asking there's really no reason to point out the obvious. But here's a fun fact in case you forgot......One of the reasons they were out so long was because their D got a pick six and extended the lead. Did that hurt them as well?  

There were no mysterious outside forces or shenanigans at work here. I have my own ideas as to why, but suffice it to say the Falcons choked, plain and simple. 

One of the reasons the Ravens were out so long was that Jacoby Jones got a kickoff return for a TD. Let's not forget that.

Sure, I can agree the Falcons helped, but not being on the field for nearly 90+ minutes clearly took a huge toll on Alex Mack.

46 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Like Tru said, do you really think the Ravens just sat there twiddling their thumbs or do you think that they also game planned and tried to go over more X's and O's that they didn't get to during the half.

9 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

as for ryan , he deserves little to no blame tbh based on the standards here.

Yeah, I'm not talking about the team as a whole. I'm talking about how being off the field for 90+ minutes when you're center has a broken bone in his leg is a major blow to your offensive momentum.

4 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Like Tru said, do you really think the Ravens just sat there twiddling their thumbs or do you think that they also game planned and tried to go over more X's and O's that they didn't get to during the half.

I never said that. I said the niners did a better job of capitalizing on the blackout than we did

3 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I never said that. I said the niners did a better job of capitalizing on the blackout than we did

So we can agree the 49ers made better adjustments and played better in the second half?

10 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

One of the reasons the Ravens were out so long was that Jacoby Jones got a kickoff return for a TD. Let's not forget that.

Whaaaat!  LMAO!  

6 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

So we can agree the 49ers made better adjustments and played better in the second half?

Yes. But only after the blackout. Which gave them extra time to make adjustments, and better ones at that. Only reason they came back. We still had momentum before hand as evidenced by the kickoff return and the defense still playing well. It's not comparable 

51 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

makes sense.....

Oh please stop. The defense collapsed after the outage plain & simple. The offense was not on fire like they were the first half and no one argues that, however, anyone with a brain knows that with a 28-3 lead the offense will play differently right? They turn more to trying to take time off the clock. The defense not only let the 49ers catch up but march down the field in the last minutes and be 5 yds from a win. I might add without the offense producing those 6 pts we LOSE. Without a Ray Lewis & Ed Reed that SB ends very differently. Little did we know at the time that such a defensive collapse late would become the norm for Pees.

I think that long "delay" had more effect on the Falcons defense than offense, although I'm sure it affected both.  The offense looked flat coming out of the half, but put together another solid scoring drive.  I think the defense got hurt by the fact that they spent so much time on the field.  Both of those were long drives for the Pats, and even with the half, I don't think they ever really recovered fully from that much time on the field.  Pats WRs started picking them apart.

4 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I think that long "delay" had more effect on the Falcons defense than offense, although I'm sure it affected both.  The offense looked flat coming out of the half, but put together another solid scoring drive.  I think the defense got hurt by the fact that they spent so much time on the field.  Both of those were long drives for the Pats, and even with the half, I don't think they ever really recovered fully from that much time on the field.  Pats WRs started picking them apart.

It for sure played a factor. Not denying it. It's just not comparable. I'm pretty sure if there was an outage during this game the outcome would've been vastly different 

44 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Yes. But only after the blackout. Which gave them extra time to make adjustments, and better ones at that. Only reason they came back. We still had momentum before hand as evidenced by the kickoff return and the defense still playing well. It's not comparable 

I do not believe it was just the blackout and I also do not believe for a second that the Ravens didn't make adjustments during that time, either, so it's a moot point, really. 

I would say it had a vastly larger impact on the defense than the offense.

53 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

Whaaaat!  LMAO!  

The offense would have been off the field for a while even without the blackout. With the blackout, it just really made it about the same time that the Falcons were off the field.

Edited by BmoreBird22

I truly do think that this comparison is even happening so that we can still have the, "Joe Flacco is better than Ryan," debate going here. It's kinda like, "Well, Joe faced a similar time off the field and he still won." Except, Ryan never lost that game for his team.

11 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I truly do think that this comparison is even happening so that we can still have the, "Joe Flacco is better than Ryan," debate going here. It's kinda like, "Well, Joe faced a similar time off the field and he still won." Except, Ryan never lost that game for his team.

Wait......who even brought up the Ravens/Niners SB. Wasn't that you? 

2 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

Wait......who even brought up the Ravens/Niners SB. Wasn't that you? 

I brought up the SB, yes, but never tried to make a long drawn comparison to the power outage.

I simply pointed out that the Ravens mustered up 1 less point than the Falcons in the second half, just as a way of pointing out that it isn't like the Falcons were the only team to face resistance in the second half after having their way offensively.

50 minutes ago, ravensdfan said:

Oh please stop. The defense collapsed after the outage plain & simple. The offense was not on fire like they were the first half and no one argues that, however, anyone with a brain knows that with a 28-3 lead the offense will play differently right? They turn more to trying to take time off the clock. The defense not only let the 49ers catch up but march down the field in the last minutes and be 5 yds from a win. I might add without the offense producing those 6 pts we LOSE. Without a Ray Lewis & Ed Reed that SB ends very differently. Little did we know at the time that such a defensive collapse late would become the norm for Pees.

correction the team collapsed not just the defense.

how else would you explain 2 of the niners 4 scoring drives after the outage starting at the ravens 20 and 24 yard line?

well 1 started with the offense going 3 and out while losing 8 yards which resulted in a punt return to the ravens 20 yard line.

the other was a fumble on the 2nd play of the next drive which resulted in the niners starting on the ravens 24 yard line.

pretty insane if you dont consider this collapsing on the offense and special teams part and even more crazy blaming this on the defense...

then lets not forget that at the time the defense also lost this guy named ngata who im pretty sure its not some bum.

but by al means  dont let things that actually happened screw up your argument in your personal vendetta against pees though..

8 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I brought up the SB, yes, but never tried to make a long drawn comparison to the power outage.

I simply pointed out that the Ravens mustered up 1 less point than the Falcons in the second half, just as a way of pointing out that it isn't like the Falcons were the only team to face resistance in the second half after having their way offensively.

My point in relation to this is that we didn't have the league MVP, but a slightly above average flacco in about the 10th best qb range playing qb, nor did we have the best offensive coach in the league.

I expected a whole lot more from the Falcons. Your own original post in this thread even said the pats d isn't as good as the stats make them out to be, they paid bad teams etc.

I expected them to put up a couple tds early the second half and just blow the pats out of the game.

Ryan was the league MVP.  I just expected a higher level of performance from him. 

I think he's more a sum of all the parts rather than a legitimate elite can't do without qb and my map candidate Rodgers. 

I think Ryan will struggle when shanaghan leaves. He's a great player caller, that had a bad game in terms suoerbowl.

Stole from someone else return matt Ryan's performance. Prefaced and ended with of course blaming play calling and the defense for the loss:
-- was snapping the ball with 22 seconds on the play clock when they were trying to milk the clock;
-- got stripped by a defender when the only way for the Pats to climb back in the game was with a turnover; 
-- threw a four yard pass to a covered defender while trying to get in FG range with a minute left (a sin that Joe got rightly skewered for repeatedly this season)
-- *clocked* the ball after the aforementioned four-yard pass. (If that's Tom Brady, do you think there is any way in hell he clocks the ball there?)
-- AND then took a sack where the one thing you can't do is take a sack, whatever the play call is. 

4 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

My point in relation to this is that we didn't have the league MVP, but a slightly above average flacco in about the 10th best qb range playing qb, nor did we have the best offensive coach in the league.

I expected a whole lot more from the Falcons. Your own original post in this thread even said the pats d isn't as good as the stats make them out to be, they paid bad teams etc.

I expected them to put up a couple tds early the second half and just blow the pats out of the game.

Ryan was the league MVP.  I just expected a higher level of performance from him. 

I think he's more a sum of all the parts rather than a legitimate elite can't do without qb and my map candidate Rodgers. 

I think Ryan will struggle when shanaghan leaves. He's a great player caller, that had a bad game in terms suoerbowl.

Hard to do more when you are under pressure majority of the time.

Or is this only an excuse for flacco?

24 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

Hard to do more when you are under pressure majority of the time.

Or is this only an excuse for flacco?

Was brady not harassed all game as well? He done pretty well...

This doesn't need to turn into a bash flacco thread, it's about the Falcons number 1 offense that produced nothing for a qtr and a half to see out a suoerbowl victory lead by the best play caller this year, the league MVP and the best wideout in the game.

The defense faced 93 snaps or something, our defense has never faced that many from what I recall since I started watching in 2006. That's an absurd amount. The offense just cropped the bed towards the game. 

All the had to do was drive for a fg or two, or run down the clock and snap the ball with a few seconds left.. they couldn't even do that.

I wanted the Falcons to win, I expected them to be a total mismatch for new England and that's how the first half went. 

They should have killed the game before the 4th qtr started.

Anyone found it weird that Matt Ryan's helmet radio signal broke @ 3rd and 4th quarter?   

Mike Tomlin accused Patriots doing the same thing with them @ AFCC  

Just a wild speculation but i was wondering if anyone caught Matt using timeout to complain about that.

3 minutes ago, Ravenseconbeast said:

Anyone found it weird that Matt Ryan's helmet radio signal broke @ 3rd and 4th quarter?   

Mike Tomlin accused Patriots doing the same thing with them @ AFCC  

Just a wild speculation but i was wondering if anyone caught Matt using timeout to complain about that.

Links? Haven't heard this? Trust there to be a scandal when the pats are involved. 

13 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

Was brady not harassed all game as well? He done pretty well...

This doesn't need to turn into a bash flacco thread, it's about the Falcons number 1 offense that produced nothing for a qtr and a half to see out a suoerbowl victory lead by the best play caller this year, the league MVP and the best wideout in the game.

The defense faced 93 snaps or something, our defense has never faced that many from what I recall since I started watching in 2006. That's an absurd amount. The offense just cropped the bed towards the game. 

All the had to do was drive for a fg or two, or run down the clock and snap the ball with a few seconds left.. they couldn't even do that.

I wanted the Falcons to win, I expected them to be a total mismatch for new England and that's how the first half went. 

They should have killed the game before the 4th qtr started.

brady was only sacked 5 times on  a staggering 62 pass attempts.
ryan was sacked 5 times on just 23 pass attempts.

ryan completed 70% of his passes , threw for 284 yards on 17 completions, had 2 TD and 0 int.
the man had a 144.1 QB rating in the SB lol

all this while under pressure majority of the dropbacks.

not sure how you can expect more when majority of the QBs dont even come close to this under the same circumstances.

im again curious what more you wanted him to do.

he aint micheal vick or cam newton that can juke defenders in the back field to buy time....

I find it shameful that even in the superbowl, they play those stupid overtime rules that potentially (and in this case, did) remove the better half of one team to decide the outcome. I'm talking of course about the Falcons offense. How is that fair?  It's fair, only knowing it could have just as likely gone the other way. Funny, I recall some stats that the Patriots are super lucky at coin tosses.

With my least favorite team that loves to cheat winning yet again, and off of rules I've hated for years no less, I feel more and more like my emotional attachments to the NFL are wasted. Cheaters can and will win.  They can also use your calling out of their shady ways as "fuel" that drives them apparently.  And then they won't even retire once they reach "GOAT" status.  

Sigh...Rant over. Go Ravens.

17 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

brady was only sacked 5 times on  a staggering 62 pass attempts.
ryan was sacked 5 times on just 23 pass attempts.

ryan completed 70% of his passes , threw for 284 yards on 17 completions, had 2 TD and 0 int.
the man had a 144.1 QB rating in the SB lol

all this while under pressure majority of the dropbacks.

not sure how you can expect more when majority of the QBs dont even come close to this under the same circumstances.

im again curious what more you wanted him to do.

he aint micheal vick or cam newton that can juke defenders in the back field to buy time....

Do you think the league MVP of the no.1 offense with the top wideout in football did enough to win the biggest game of his career or was he found wanting when it mattered most?