• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
BmoreBird22

The Super Bowl Thread

905 posts in this topic

Just now, Cville-Raven said:

Yeah, the saints fans that troll there are pretty terrible. 

Just now, 52520Andrew said:

I think I actually remember the last time we were there. That was such a depressing place. Feel so bad for their fans

I was wondering who'd remember that. As bad as we feel right now, it's probably 100 times worse for those guys.

6 minutes ago, Inqui said:

I'm still traumatised from the last time I went there. :mellow: 

what did you see you poor soul

2 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Oh come on lol, the other 31 teams haven't done this since Brady was there. Don't go there lol. 

I did and I will go there. lol  I don't give a damn about the other 31 teams, just the Ravens lol.

9 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

No. Just have the Giants go to the SB every year.

Oooh I get it! Because the Pats always lose in the SB to the Giants and the Ravens always win.

I like this plan.

Just now, Inqui said:

I was wondering who'd remember that. As bad as we feel right now, it's probably 100 times worse for those guys.

Yeah and now they have to deal with Pats fans who we know from experience aren't the classiest bunch of fans to lose to(outside of Pats of course, he is cool).

8 minutes ago, darklight1216 said:

I think I'm going to have to steal that nickname, but I don't know if I can blame it on him. He didn't give up 34 points. 

Of course, the Falcons had a pick 6 so Ryan also can't get credit for anything beyond 21 points...

I can't believe they couldn't get a FG and some of his decisions were mindboggling (how do you take a sack there?) but oh yea, this was a team effort from the Coach's booth to the field.   I might even blame the guy who has to keep track of the jockstraps .. but he has it bad enough.

Edited by DMH_in_WA

1 minute ago, Militant X 1 said:

I did and I will go there. lol  I don't give a damn about the other 31 teams, just the Ravens lol.

I agree! hahaha

1 minute ago, darklight1216 said:

Oooh I get it! Because the Pats always loose in the SB to the Gians and the Ravens always win.

I like this plan.

We have a 100% win rate in Super Bowls. Let's do it. 

1 minute ago, DMH_in_WA said:

I can't believe they couldn't get a FG and some of his decisions were mindboggling (how do you take a sack there?) but oh yea, this was a team effort from the Coaches booth to the field.   I might even blame the guy who has to keep track of the jockstraps .. but he has it bad enough.

leave the jockstraps guy alone...

Eli Manning be like... Stupid Falcons, only I can beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

I mean Matt Ryan just won the MVP last night and wasn't at fault for this collapse. Blame Freeman for not picking up that block. Y'all are still going to say Flacco is better because of what he did four years ago? So sad 

I will say what Flacco did four years ago was incredible. He was 13 TDs and 0 Ints in the playoffs and won on the road at Denver against Peyton and New England against Brady. It is not a fair comparison to compare Flacco to Ryan. Ryan has had some of the best offensive weapons in the game. Flacco has been hampered by the likes of Cam Cameron and Marc Trestman. Ryan plays in a dome in a weak division. Flacco plays in elements in the AFC North. It is just not fair to compare their regular seasons to each other, because if Ryan was a Raven, I doubt he would have that stats he does as a Falcon. He may not have even brought us a Lombardi if he was a Raven. I wish people would stop with the Ryan is better than Flacco talk.

2 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

I will say what Flacco did four years ago was incredible. He was 13 TDs and 0 Ints in the playoffs and won on the road at Denver against Peyton and New England against Brady. It is not a fair comparison to compare Flacco to Ryan. Ryan has had some of the best offensive weapons in the game. Flacco has been hampered by the likes of Cam Cameron and Marc Trestman. Ryan plays in a dome in a weak division. Flacco plays in elements in the AFC North. It is just not fair to compare their regular seasons to each other, because if Ryan was a Raven, I doubt he would have that stats he does as a Falcon. He may not have even brought us a Lombardi if he was a Raven. I wish people would stop with the Ryan is better than Flacco talk.

But the key words are.....four years ago.  

Not bashing Flacco here at all but to keep bringing up what he did 4 years ago as a measuring stick for the present is ridiculous to me.

9 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

He is, but people are solely blaming him. He didn't blow a 25 point lead.

No way you could put the blame solely on him, but a little bit of clutch play from Ryan late in the 4th pretty much puts the game out of reach. 

10 minutes ago, cobrajet said:

People loved to bash Sanu when he was a Bengal, but now he's some super star. Taylor Gabrial couldn't make the Browns roster. Austin Hooper was a first year starter at a notoriously difficult position to adjust to.

Let's not pretend he had amazing skill players outside of Jones this year. 

And Flacco consistently had the vastly better lines (remember, if Joe just had offensive lines, he'd be good; works the same for Ryan), the vastly better running games, and the vastly better defenses. 

Ryan has always been just more accurate and more mechanically sound. 

Oh, also, the dome provides a minor advantage. It's not a 1,000 yard, 2.0 YPA, 15 TD difference.

Edited by BmoreBird22

2 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

No way you could put the blame solely on him, but a little bit of clutch play from Ryan late in the 4th pretty much puts the game out of reach. 

Ryan made some incredible throws (that throw to Jones over Rowe was gorgeous). That offensive line just crapped itself on third downs. Have to believe Mack's meds wore off late in the game because he looked like a totally different blocker.

6 minutes ago, Militant X 1 said:

But the key words are.....four years ago.  

Not bashing Flacco here at all but to keep bringing up what he did 4 years ago as a measuring stick for the present is ridiculous to me.

I agree, Flacco has not had the best few years but I think Flacco did something 4 years ago that was way more impressive than what Ryan has ever done in his career. Whether he can ever do it again is another story. At the present time, yes Ryan has played better..

Edited by cobrajet

7 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

People loved to bash Sanu when he was a Bengal, but now he's some super star. Taylor Gabrial couldn't make the Browns roster. Austin Hooper was a first year starter at a notoriously difficult position to adjust to.

And Flacco consistently had the vastly better lines (remember, if Joe just had offensive lines, he'd be good; works the same for Ryan), the vastly better running games, and the vastly better defenses. 

I'm not staking a claim on the Flacco v. Ryan debate going on, but I don't remember anyone bashing Sanu when he was a Bengal and no one treats him like a superstar now. Everyone made fun of the Falcons for giving him the deal they gave him, but no one said he was a bum. And that's a big mischaracterization of Gabriel, he was more than talented enough to make it over multiple guys in their receiving corps, they chose to cut him and draft a ton of guys for who knows what reason. I also wouldn't say Flacco has had vastly better running games, he's had Rice and that's pretty much it, Forsett was a one hit wonder and a couple other vets who were at the tail end of their careers. Ryan has Freeman now and he also had Michael Turner, and again some veterans sprinkled in with some draft picks. If anything the running games are a push, I'd argue Ryan's had better.

Edited by hn68wb4

7 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Oh, also, the dome provides a minor advantage. It's not a 1,000 yard, 2.0 YPA, 15 TD difference.

Check Flacco's stats vs Ryan's division and vice versa, it's not so crazy 

32 minutes ago, Inqui said:

Agreed.

I think he played a really good game, but he made poor choices towards the end when it came to the sack and fumble. Freeman missed the block but you got to just take the fall and not try to force a throw in that position. I can also recall a play when he should have thrown it away but decided to take a sack with 3 mins left up 7 only needing a FG. I think those choices ruined it. 

Just now, hn68wb4 said:

I'm not staking a claim on the Flacco v. Ryan debate going on, but I don't remember anyone bashing Sanu when he was a Bengal and no one treats him like a superstar now. Everyone made fun of the Falcons for giving him the deal they gave him, but no one said he was a bum. And that's a big mischaracterization of Gabriel, he was more than talented enough to make it over multiple guys in their receiving corps, they chose to cut him and draft a ton of guys for who knows what reason. I also wouldn't say Flacco has had vastly better running games, he's had Rice and that's pretty much it, Forsett was a one hit wonder and a couple other vets who were at the tail end of their careers. Ryan has Freeman now and he also had Michael Turner, and again some veterans sprinkled in with some draft picks. If anything the running games are a push.

I think Michael Turner had like one above average year in Atlanta and then just average to below average years.

Rice was always a very dynamic runner (and the Ravens often followed up with a two back punch) and an extremely versatile receiver that added an entirely new wrinkle to the team. For seven years, Ryan totally lacked that. 

And my point exactly on people laughing at the Sanu contract. People laughed hard at it and said it was horrible, but all of a sudden his weapons are so amazing outside of Jones. Well, which is it?

And on the topic of Gabriel, he fell well out of favor in 2015 because the new regime did not view him as a good enough piece to rebuild around.

9 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

I'm not staking a claim on the Flacco v. Ryan debate going on, but I don't remember anyone bashing Sanu when he was a Bengal and no one treats him like a superstar now. Everyone made fun of the Falcons for giving him the deal they gave him, but no one said he was a bum. And that's a big mischaracterization of Gabriel, he was more than talented enough to make it over multiple guys in their receiving corps, they chose to cut him and draft a ton of guys for who knows what reason. I also wouldn't say Flacco has had vastly better running games, he's had Rice and that's pretty much it, Forsett was a one hit wonder and a couple other vets who were at the tail end of their careers. Ryan has Freeman now and he also had Michael Turner, and again some veterans sprinkled in with some draft picks. If anything the running games are a push, I'd argue Ryan's had better.

You really can't go by a head to head comparison. They played twice, Ryan edging Joe in the first meeting and Joe whipping him good in the second.

2 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I think Michael Turner had like one above average year in Atlanta and then just average to below average years.

Rice was always a very dynamic runner (and the Ravens often followed up with a two back punch) and an extremely versatile receiver that added an entirely new wrinkle to the team. For seven years, Ryan totally lacked that. 

And my point exactly on people laughing at the Sanu contract. People laughed hard at it and said it was horrible, but all of a sudden his weapons are so amazing outside of Jones. Well, which is it?

And on the topic of Gabriel, he fell well out of favor in 2015 because the new regime did not view him as a good enough piece to rebuild around.

Don't bother...

Brady's stats: 43/62 466 Yards 2 TDs to 1 INT. 95.2 Rating. How did Brady have any arm strength left to lift the lombardi after throwing 62 times.

8 minutes ago, OUravensfan said:

Check Flacco's stats vs Ryan's division and vice versa, it's not so crazy 

Ryan has generally had three good games and one poor game against the AFC North.

17 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Ryan made some incredible throws (that throw to Jones over Rowe was gorgeous). That offensive line just crapped itself on third downs. Have to believe Mack's meds wore off late in the game because he looked like a totally different blocker.

I wish we had a Julio for 4 or 5 years, such a great talent. 

Yeah, there was definitely more pressure in the second half, but hey, it was the SB. Couldn't expect NE to just lay down. Players gotta make plays when the chips are on the line and Ryan just didn't do it. 

22 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

Can't take that sack.  Missed faskmask didn't help either.

Poor block on his fumble, but still can't lose those.

Edited by redrum52

2 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

I wish we had a Julio for 4 or 5 years, such a great talent. 

Yeah, there was definitely more pressure in the second half, but hey, it was the SB. Couldn't expect NE to just lay down. Players gotta make plays when the chips are on the line and Ryan just didn't do it. 

I just cannot for the life of me put it on Ryan. He made incredible throws to put the Falcons in position and they'd shoot themself in the foot.

On the 20, you call a pass and take a sack. Then after that, call another pass and get a holding call. 

Call a pass and Freeman totally misses his block and allows a free rusher. 

And all the damn defensive penalties. My goodness. Just give the Patriots free first downs. That's never a bad idea.