• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
BmoreBird22

The Super Bowl Thread

905 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

How does Willie McGinnest, a former Patriot get to hand the lombardi to them? Unreal.

He won 3 Super Bowls as a Patriot....that's how JO!

Just now, PurpleCity5 said:

Horrible choke, but Kyle Shanahan made some pretty bad decisions. 

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, darklight1216 said:

0 This was the first overtime in SB history.

Thanks I wasn't sure.

Just now, DMH_in_WA said:

Yea, but I gotta put more of it on the offense.  Defense put the Pats on lockdown in 1st half and put up 7 of their own.  Offense put them in terrible position all 2nd half when all they needed to do was kick a field goal to solidify this.  Throwing when they did in the 4th instead of running it, eating clock and kicking the FG only confused me slightly less than the Seahawks not handing Marshawn the ball.

They got 2 TDs and 2 2 pointers and there wasn't much resistance on either drive. Of course all the offense needed was a field goal but the defense just needed one stop. And then the TD in OT. 25 point lead blown and almost all of it in the 4th. They both did well at the start of the game but both collapsed pretty terribly at the end.

anyone been over to the falcons message board some great stuff over their :D

Edited by JustinB

Just now, JustinB said:

anyone been over the the falcons message board some great stuff over their :D

I'm still traumatised from the last time I went there. :mellow: 

5 Super Bowls to our 2....Patriots fans are going to really be unbearable now.  My goodness!  

12 minutes ago, DMH_in_WA said:

And that is why, regardless of what anyone else says, I will call him Matty Melt until the day he dies.  25 points and all the talent in the world around him .. what the hell does it take?  Somewhere Tony Gonzalez is drinking a beer and laughing hysterically.

I think I'm going to have to steal that nickname, but I don't know if I can blame it on him. He didn't give up 34 points. 

Of course, the Falcons had a pick 6 so Ryan also can't get credit for anything beyond 21 points...

Just now, Militant X 1 said:

5 Super Bowls to our 2....Patriots fans are going to really be unbearable now.  My goodness!  

We haven't existed for too long, so I'd say 2 is actually pretty good lol

i think another element no one really talk about is momentum.  some teams just simply do not have it in them to swing it back as soon as things rear its ugly head.  

Falcons always seems like a team that, as soon as you sniff something is going down they choke.   

Im just glad I am a ravens fan.  Something similar happened to us vs 49ers.  In the closest of game of inches we were on top.  Winners know how to win.  

Falcons were tested and they lost.  Falcons were destined to lose.  

How to solve the Patriots problem: Swap the Jets and Giants. Put the Giants in the AFC East and move the Jets to the NFC East.

1 minute ago, Inqui said:

I think I actually remember the last time we were there. That was such a depressing place. Feel so bad for their fans

Just now, JO_75 said:

How to solve the Patriots problem: Swap the Jets and Giants. Put the Giants in the AFC East and move the Jets to the NFC East.

No. Just have the Giants go to the SB every year.

The Ravens can only dream of putting together a dynasty like the Patriots.  And, I absolutely LOVED the boo birds for Goodell.  LOL!!

Just now, JO_75 said:

I wonder how many AFCC and 1 round byes Ravens would have been in if we had Jets/Miami/Bills.....*sigh*

But think, the Pats have been around for more than 5 decades.  If we win a Super Bowl every decade, we will have a lot to boast about.

2 minutes ago, Inqui said:

Yeah, the saints fans that troll there are pretty terrible. 

Just now, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

No. Just have the Giants go to the SB every year.

No... it means they don't win the division every year and don't have a cakewalk to the number one seed. 

The Ravens can only dream of putting together a dynasty like the Patriots.  And, I absolutely LOVED the boo birds for Goodell.  LOL!!

Oh come on lol, the other 31 teams haven't done this since Brady was there. Don't go there lol. 

1 minute ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

The Falcons choking was a team effort guys. Not blaming Matt Ryan at all. 

He is part of the team. Right?  

Just now, JO_75 said:

No... it means they don't win the division every year and don't have a cakewalk to the number one seed. 

It's not anyone's fault that the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets are largely incompetent. Patriots won the SB fair and square... But even then they'd be able to take on most teams in the league. 

In other news, I am waiting the inevitable cheating scandal. 

We haven't existed for too long, so I'd say 2 is actually pretty good lol

That excuse of not being in the league too long is stale, outdated and played out.  It's been 20 years now!  lol

Just now, Tank 92 said:

He is part of the team. Right?  

He is, but people are solely blaming him. He didn't blow a 25 point lead.

The Falcons choking was a team effort guys. Not blaming Matt Ryan at all. 

Seriously, it takes everyone to blow a 25 point lead. Not just offense, not just defense, not the OC, not the QB, everyone.

That excuse of not being in the league too long is stale, outdated and played out.  It's been 20 years now!  lol

And they've been in the league for 57. Had 0 before the year 2000

1 minute ago, 52520Andrew said:

Seriously, it takes everyone to blow a 25 point lead. Not just offense, not just defense, not the OC, not the QB, everyone.

We the fans are responsible for this!