3-4ravdef509

Torrey Smith or Mike Wallace

111 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Which solid years has he had since his injury?

And by "probably cheaper than Garcon", its likely literally a fraction of the price of Garcon. I'm not even sure Cruz will get more than veteran minimum type deals.

He put up nearly six hundred yards, with a fifteen yard average despite being the number three receiver in his offense. That's pretty good. Near vet minimum for that production would be a good deal.

Edited by RaineV1

55 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

He put up nearly six hundred yards, with a fifteen yard average despite being the number three receiver in his offense. That's pretty good. Near vet minimum for that production would be a good deal.

So basically he's a much slower Breshard Perriman from last year. Would you pay several millions of dollars for that kind of production if you had the choice not to?

I would point out also that he was the #3 WR on a team that couldn't run the ball and threw the ball 600 times. 

You could get that kind of production out of Kamar Aiken in his sleep if we ran that similar of an offense (which we basically did).

No thanks.

Out with the old, in with the new. No more castoffs! It's time we get serious about our wide receivers. Heck, only the Patriots are worse at drafting wr's than us, although NE Malcolm Mitchell might have put them above us. It's time Oz steps away from his mentor's Belichick's evaluation charts on selecting wr's and hire someone outside of the Ravens box.

1 hour ago, Wildabeast88 said:

49ers cutting Torrey just read it on rotoworld. 

Shame.  Such a classy guy.

As a person I would LOVE to have him back in Baltimore.  But as a player I say stick with Wallace. 

So the question now becomes do we keep an older mike Wallace who faded out in the 2nd half of the season who is slated to count about 8 mill-or go with a younger Torrey smith who's numbers have been almost non existent ( chalk that up mostly to piss poor qb play) who could be had much cheaper,  save us around 3 mill in cap space- and whom also already has a rapport with Joe? Decisions decisions... If we don't pick up Wallace's option this week expect a Torrey reunion to become very likely. I'm sure he will consider a hometown discount after seeing how important a qb is to help his stats which will effect future deals. 

Was hoping for Marshall but insiders are talking as if new England is the destination he has set in stone.

We need WRs that can consistently get open intermediate level between hashes

Edited by PurpleHorseman

It think everyone in the NFL would acknowledge that Torrey got overpaid by SF. Torrey would probably admit that too, but it was clearly money that he could not pass up.

That said, with the market the way it's going to be, I think he's going to still get a pretty nice deal.

I could see a 3 year, $15M deal, with a $5M bonus. They could also structure it with an option, as they did with Wallace. That could get the 2017 Cap number as low as $2.666M, which would create a Cap savings of $3M+ over what Wallace would receive. Plus, you've got a 28 year old WR under contract for 2 more years (w/o an extension, Wallace will be a FA next year).

The other thing Torrey becoming a FA does - especially given his ties here - is to possibly put pressure on Wallace to reach an extension if that is the Ravens preference. Torrey creates another alternative that may be just enough to push Wallace to make a deal.

I say wallace over smith any day of the week, i love smith. but he has hands of rubber

Edited by eek

I like Smith but Wallace played very good last season and he can do more than just go deep. Wallace caught balls short medium and long and he made more than a few grabs going over the middle of the field. I like T.Smith but I also like Wallace and Wallace earned his money last season I would like to see a contract extension for him to make his cap hit more team friendly and keep him in Baltimore a little longer.

I like both. Torrey and Breshad on the outside because of Breshad's hands and put Wallace in the slot. 

Wallace will be tough to cover in the slot. 

And pick defense in the draft. Corner, pass rusher ,Safety. Webb gotta go. Linebacker needed too 

Edited by jimmypowder

6 hours ago, eek said:

I say wallace over smith any day of the week, i love smith. but he has hands of rubber

Yeah if i was forced to take one it would be Wallace 

Are you serious with the comparison? Mike Wallace all day of course. But, I'll say this. If we can sign Torrey for veteran's minimum prove it kind of deal, then we'll have leverage to negotiate Mike Wallace's salary down. But, Torrey is not a substitute for Wallace.

Torrey was the most frustrating WR ever. Sorry, but I hate the way he plays the game. Please Ozzie just continue to move on from him.

Let's see the market value of Torrey Smith first.

I would for very fair price like around 4 millions.

Perriman, Wallace, and Smith will make a pretty good track team.

However to use their potential fully, we have to sign or draft quality offensive linemen to give Flacco time. 

However, if we rebuild our running game, then those fakes are really going to hurt defenses.

I'd take Wallace over Torrey smith... the only issue is Wallace is due 5M+. But he had instant chemistry with Flacco, made more plays than I expected upon the signing.  His numbers could have been better if Flacco wouldn't have been stuck on Pitta the latter part of the season. 

54 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

I don't understand why anyone would give Torrey that money after his SF years, but then I saw Kenny Britt's deal and thought, you know, that's not that bad for the Eagles. Then I saw Robert Wood's deal and just laughed.

Edited by ravensnick

this makes Wallace's deal look amazing... stop talking about cutting him guys