RaineV1

Mock Draft 1/23

11 posts in this topic

It'd been awhile since I've done one of these so I figured I'd do another.

Round 1:

CTGifHUWsAAtN9c.jpg

Charles Harris, edge, Missouri

If you can't pressure the QB you don't win in the NFL. Half of those meltdowns the Ravens' defense had was because of not getting pressure. Ben, with backup o-linemen. had plenty of time to make those throws in the fourth quarter. Harris can and will consistently get pressure and force quick throws. He'll be a great replacement for Doom. Also, his stock will really rise after he shows off how explosive he can be at the combine.

Round 2:

hqdefault.jpg

Adoree Jackson, CB, USC

A one of a kind athlete that matches up very well with WRs like A. Brown, OBJ, and New England's receiving core. Great things happen when he gets the ball in his hands. There's also the bonus of him being a great returner.

Round 3:

CFYb8y_WYAA_KfW.jpg

Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor

An athletic mauler who'll only get stronger in the NFL. If the Ravens want a stronger, nastier interior line then Fuller is a good step in that direction. His best trait is his run blocking, where he's good at prying open running lanes, and has the ability to get to the second level when asked to. He is an okay pass blocker with room to grow. At the very least I can say he won't get pushed back to Flacco. With some experience and good coaching, Fuller can be a probowl caliber center.

Round 3 (comp):

9777286-ncaa-football-sun-bowl-stanford-

Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC

A quicker, more athletic Julian Edelman. He's the guy that'll cause linebackers and safeties to fall over themselves trying to handle his quick cuts. The classic slot receiver that turns a five yard catch into a twenty yard gain. I like that he'd bring something new to the table that the Ravens don't have (especially after SSS' retirement), thus giving out offense more versatility. On top of that, he's a very good punt returner. As a side note, I hope the Pats don't pick him because he would thrive in their offense.

Round 4:

8T8A2378.jpg

Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane

A small school prospect that gives everything you could want from a DT. He's got a high motor, good functional strength, surprisingly good hand movements, and is fairly quick off the line. He has upside against the run and pass. He's the type of small school, front seven guy that often times thrives with the Ravens.

Round 5:

october-10-2015-chestnut-hill-ma-usa-wak

Marquel Lee, LB, Wake Forest

Quicker than most would expect from a linebacker his size. He's a good blitzer, great against the run, and generally isn't a liability against the pass. Also, at his height, 6'3", he's just a pain for QBs to try to throw over or around when passing to the middle of the field.

Round 6:

Jalen+Myrick+TCU+v+Minnesota+LSTwN0G2Ruh

Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota

Here's an eye opening stat for Myrick, the QBR for the 2015 season when they threw in his direction was 22.8. He gets overlooked a lot due to his lack of interceptions and what team he plays for, but he's a solid cover corner. He doesn't make big plays, but he doesn't give up big plays. He'll add some good depth to our DBs.

Round 7:

joe-mathis-620-Edited-620x370.jpg

Joe Mathis, edge, Washington

He's had character issues in the past (nothing related to DV), and got a season ending injury, which is why he'll be a pretty late pick in the draft. However, the talent is there, and by all accounts he's matured a lot over the last year. In the last couple rounds he'd be worth taking a flyer on as a high potential, low risk pick.

Edited by RaineV1

Love the fuller pick. Center is an underrated strength of this draft and I think he is up near the top. He moves defenders quite easily and with more strength and coaching he could really bulldoze at the next level 

Just watched a couple of videos on Switzer. Never heard of him before but I really like the look of him.

i prefer kupp and isaiah ford to switzer, otherwise really good draft. i like adoree jackson more than most  but im of the mindset that hes gonna make a big leap to the mid first

35 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

i prefer kupp and isaiah ford to switzer, otherwise really good draft. i like adoree jackson more than most  but im of the mindset that hes gonna make a big leap to the mid first

You think mid first?! In this loaded of a class? 

I just don't see it. He is a complete athlete and will be a combine freak, but he is still raw and I'm not sure how many teams will target corner in the first. I undoubtedly believe that Lattimore, Jones, Humphrey, Tabor, Wilson and maybe even King and Lewis go before him. 

7 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

You think mid first?! In this loaded of a class? 

I just don't see it. He is a complete athlete and will be a combine freak, but he is still raw and I'm not sure how many teams will target corner in the first. I undoubtedly believe that Lattimore, Jones, Humphrey, Tabor, Wilson and maybe even King and Lewis go before him. 

sorry not mid first, mid 20s would be more accurate. i think jackson is gonna be before humphrey because humphreys floor and ceiling are both lower, before king because he should have far from first round measurables and we all know that makes corners fall, and lewis for the same reason. 

It's a good mock draft. But today i was thinking in this picture for us:

Round 1 - Sidney Jones CB

Round 2 - Jarrad Davis ILB

Round 3 - Juju Smith Schuster WR (If he drop in the board because of his speed)

Round 3 (Comp.) The highest graded Center at this point available in the draft.

What you guys think?

Edited by Peumoraes7
Wrong word

40 minutes ago, Peumoraes7 said:

What you guys think?

ILB is not an overly pressing need. With the depth in edge guys in this draft it would be insane not to draft one by the second round. 

1 hour ago, Peumoraes7 said:

What you guys think?

Swap Davis for an edge guy and I like it.

I'm good with it although I believe Jackson will be gone in the 1st maybe Lewis from Michigan if we are really lucky King fom Iowa as a 2nd round CB I also agree with some others Kupp in the 3rd would be a nice pick he has size decent speed solid route running and good hands 

Edited by Wildabeast88