JO_75

2017 Free Agent Thread - Other Teams

326 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Vikings O-line was terrible so it may be worth it for a team to take a look but I agree in that I think he is done

The offensive line was relatively healthy for the games he played in.

2 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

The offensive line was relatively healthy for the games he played in.

That doesn't mean they were good

So Jerry Jones is trying to drum up trade interest for Romo by announcing that teams are free to talk to him. Teams can work him out, do whatever but teams aren't budging. 

Seems to me the QB needy teams know they will release him after no trade interest so why bother wasting draft picks acquiring him.

36 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

So Jerry Jones is trying to drum up trade interest for Romo by announcing that teams are free to talk to him. Teams can work him out, do whatever but teams aren't budging. 

Seems to me the QB needy teams know they will release him after no trade interest so why bother wasting draft picks acquiring him.

I don't get why they think teams would want to trade for him anyway considering his age and injury history. 

11 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

That doesn't mean they were good

Also doesn't mean they were bad

1 hour ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Also doesn't mean they were bad

Outside of Berger and arguably Boone everyone on the line did terrible. Yes the line was bad even when healthy. I mean Clemmings was even worse than Kalil when he was in there sure(man was he bad) but Kalil was bad too. There is a reason the Vikings went out and spent a ton of money at OT this season and it isn't because their line was mediocre when healthy. 

On 4/4/2017 at 11:04 AM, 52520Andrew said:

Outside of Berger and arguably Boone everyone on the line did terrible. Yes the line was bad even when healthy. I mean Clemmings was even worse than Kalil when he was in there sure(man was he bad) but Kalil was bad too. There is a reason the Vikings went out and spent a ton of money at OT this season and it isn't because their line was mediocre when healthy. 

I would have ranked them is largely mediocre before injury. I don't think they were good by any stretch, but they weren't 2013 Ravens bad until the injuries and that really sunk the ship.

27 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I would have ranked them is largely mediocre before injury. I don't think they were good by any stretch, but they weren't 2013 Ravens bad until the injuries and that really sunk the ship.

Only real positions they had even healthy were C and RG. 2013 Ravens had good LT and RG play. Pretty comparable

34 minutes ago, JoeCool1983 said:

Don't the Seahawks still own his rights?  What if the Seahawks want Lynch to play for them and don't intend to release or trade him?

I'm not sure how that would work, but I guess he would have to play for the Seahawks. He probably wouldn't come back unless he was sure that he could go to the Raiders.

44 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Only real positions they had even healthy were C and RG. 2013 Ravens had good LT and RG play. Pretty comparable

Yanda was pretty injured and having McKinney for half the season was about as bad as having Clemmings. Yanda wasn't 2014 Yanda by any stretch. Definite down year for him.

4 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Yanda was pretty injured and having McKinney for half the season was about as bad as having Clemmings. Yanda wasn't 2014 Yanda by any stretch. Definite down year for him.

Sure but Yanda was still better than Boone and Monroe was great for us in 2013. The line was bad, Peterson had nothing to work with there with Bradford not having much time either. Their 6-0 start really is a testament to how dominant that defense is.

Don't know if he has much left but judging him on 2 games last year would be like judging Ray Rice on his 2013 season(really is a shame he had to be stupid because he was poised for a huge bounce back year).

Quarterback News:

- Bills sign QB TJ Yates

- Eagles sign QB Matt McGloin

Dejavu for the Bills. Last year the Patriots signed RFA Chris Hogan to a offer sheet, the Bills declined. This year, Patriots signed Bills RB Mike Gillislee to a offer sheet, Bills once again declined. 2 years in a row the Patriots have took RFAs from their AFC East rival.  The Bills now receive the Patriots 5th round draft pick.

Bills declined to match two-year, $6.4 million offer sheet that RB Mike Gillislee signed with Patriots, per source. Gillislee now a Pat.

Edited by JO_75