JO_75

2017 Free Agent Thread - Other Teams

326 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2017 at 9:03 PM, Moderator 3 said:

New year, new thread.

Didn't even think about that when I posted it lol.

Anyway Jamie Collins' career is about to end for good as he is close to an extension with the Browns. So essentially he's signing his life away to the Browns in exchange for never winning a Super Bowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/19/report-browns-close-to-new-deal-with-jamie-collins/

Wow...... Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers will go hard after Redskins QB Kirk Cousins. He also says that even if the Redskins franchise Cousins again, they may be willing to part with picks including the number 2 overall pick in order to land Cousins. If that happens.... imagine what Jerry Jones could get for Romo, or what the Chargers could get for Rivers. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/353745/report-49ers-may-go-hard-after-cousins?ls=roto:WAS:topheadlines

28 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Wow...... Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers will go hard after Redskins QB Kirk Cousins. He also says that even if the Redskins franchise Cousins again, they may be willing to part with picks including the number 2 overall pick in order to land Cousins. If that happens.... imagine what Jerry Jones could get for Romo, or what the Chargers could get for Rivers. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/353745/report-49ers-may-go-hard-after-cousins?ls=roto:WAS:topheadlines

Well its obvious the 49ers need a QB and with Shanahan if he's coach or not (I'm not sure) coaching him in the past it might be worth it. The QB class this year is weak.

Saw this coming. 

"Browns re-signed OLB Jamie Collins to a four-year, $50 million contract with $26 million guaranteed.

Collins had been in the last year of his rookie contract, which prompted his mid-season trade from New England. He's now the NFL's fourth highest-paid linebacker on an annual basis behind Von Miller, Justin Houston and Clay Matthews. Used as a jack of all trades by the Patriots, Collins was given more edge-rusher opportunities in Cleveland and will be counted on to key the team's outside pass rush moving forward.

12 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Saw this coming. 

"Browns re-signed OLB Jamie Collins to a four-year, $50 million contract with $26 million guaranteed.

Collins had been in the last year of his rookie contract, which prompted his mid-season trade from New England. He's now the NFL's fourth highest-paid linebacker on an annual basis behind Von Miller, Justin Houston and Clay Matthews. Used as a jack of all trades by the Patriots, Collins was given more edge-rusher opportunities in Cleveland and will be counted on to key the team's outside pass rush moving forward.

My condolences to him. At least he got paid. 

1 hour ago, DomMcRaven said:

My condolences to him. At least he got paid. 

At what point does someone pick playing for a contender rather than just getting paid.  I cant give an actual opinion, nor can anyone really on here because we aren't faced with this decision. 

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

At what point does someone pick playing for a contender rather than just getting paid.  I cant give an actual opinion, nor can anyone really on here because we aren't faced with this decision. 

Maybe years of losing even though he hasn't gone through that (quite the opposite end of the spectrum actually). 

14 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

Maybe years of losing even though he hasn't gone through that (quite the opposite end of the spectrum actually). 

Yea, he is going to be getting a hard reality check going from NE to Cle . 

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Usually after their first non-rookie contract.  For many of them, the first non-rookie contract is their best chance to cash in.  

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Yea, he is going to be getting a hard reality check going from NE to Cle . 

Oh for sure, but hey good for him. Even though I ribbed him earlier, I'm not gonna knock a player for getting that dough. 

7 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

Usually after their first non-rookie contract.  For many of them, the first non-rookie contract is their best chance to cash in.  

That's my exact thoughts as well

Carson Palmer is considering retirement according to Ian Rapport. He also thinks that if Palmer retires, Fitzgerald could follow him into retirement. As for replacing Palmer, Ian suggests the Cardinals would make a run at Romo or go after Mike Glennon.

The biggest indication your retiring?  You pull your kids out of school and move out of state.

According to Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910 in Phoenix, Palmer has pulled his kids out of school and has moved out of the state following the conclusion of the Cardinals’ season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/31/report-carson-palmer-has-pulled-kids-out-of-school-and-moved-out-of-arizona/

40 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Only the Browns would be stupid enough to fall for a Patriot system QB. Reports say the Browns may trade for Jimmy Garoppolo in the offseason. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354072/report-cle-will-try-to-trade-for-garoppolo?ls=roto:NE:topheadlines

so the Browns are continuously giving away tops picks to NE in return with average players, and in the meanwhile the NE keep rebuilding their competitive team year in and year out.  Thanks to the Browns or some kind of conspiracy theory going on.....

We have a retirement to talk about... Colts Punter Pat McAfee is retiring and joining the media company "Bar stool Sports". 

“I am writing all of this to tell you that at some point my punting career with the Colts was going to end, and I was going to have to transition to a new profession,” McAfee wrote. “Well that day has officially come. I was offered an opportunity to join a media powerhouse.. “Barstool Sports”.. they reached out to me and said “When you’re done with football we would like to chat about the possibility of you joining our family.” Staring down my 3rd knee surgery in 4 years, with more surgeries certain for the future, I started listening to their offer.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/02/colts-punter-pat-mcafee-says-hes-retiring-joining-barstool-sports/

Some QB news:

- Bears are moving on from Jay Cutler and they also have interest in Jimmy Garoppolo

- The Bills have high interest in Cowboys QB Tony Romo. They also rumored to want Tyrod back on a cheaper contract.

- As reported earlier, 49ers remain interested in Kirk Cousins. Redskins are expected to franchise him and work on a long term deal.

- Colin Kaepernick to opt out of his contract with the 49ers and become a free agent. (Feb 3rd Update)

Edited by JO_75