BR News

[News] Ravens Want To Add Another Quarterback

108 posts in this topic

Whatever........Its going to be the same ol' Dunkin' Joe-nuts, Its hard to change a 10 year rookie. I'm not worrying about it because I'm refusing to pay for any tickets to see the same ol' Joe-nuts

That makes sense. In 2019 we'd be able to save $10 million against the cap by releasing Flacco. In 2020, we could save $20 million, and by 2021 it will go up to $24 million. It would be smart to get a young QB and start grooming him, Aaron Rodgers style, to take over in a few years.

I can't stand fans and media that say we were inches away from the playoffs.
As I remember it we were inches shy of beating Pittsburgh but far from the playoffs. We did completely get blown out by the Bengals the following week. So that's one lose and a few inches away from being tied with the Steelers. Wake up we aren't that close in fact we could be getting even worse next year you never know.

flacco is here for 3 more years before we can release him if he has not improved. unless we are going to keep 3 qb's on the roster it does not make sense to draft a qb this season. i would sign mallett and look to draft a qb next season or in 2018 that way we have them longer on their rookie contract when joe is either released or hits free agency. 2018 makes more sense. jmo

New England got Brady in the 6th round if I remember correctly... we have trouble picking a quality WR in the 1st round.

Keep Mallet if you can or get another veteran and get a youngster in the draft with legs and size! I'm preparing myself for more bad play because Joe just doesn't show or have any motivation what so ever like I see out of QBs in the playoffs! Smh still cannot believe we're not in the playoffs! Smh

As I remember it we were inches shy of beating Pittsburgh but far from the playoffs. We did completely get blown out by the Bengals the following week. So that's one lose and a few inches away from being tied with the Steelers. Wake up we aren't that close in fact we could be getting even worse next year you never know.

If we would have beat Pittsburgh, we would have beat the Bengals. To lose a game the way we did in Pittsburgh then have to play a game that means nothing is a hard thing to do.

"Ozzie Newsome emphasized the importance of having two quality quarterbacks, and Ryan Mallett's contract is up."

It would be nice to have even one quality QB.

If it really mattered having a quality backup then 1 we would of never signed Shaub and 2 we would of played Mallet when Joe was obviously struggling. Draft a late round rookie and save the money for trying to resign Williams.

Now Dallas fans knows how the Ravens feel when losing because your defense gives up points in the final seconds.

Are ANY Raven fans in here? Don't give me we are being realistic crap. Your glasses are not half empty . they are broken.

"Ozzie Newsome emphasized the importance of having two quality quarterbacks, and Ryan Mallett's contract is up."

LMAO

Yes ! I hope they draft a Qb that could start in 2 years.

Keep Mallet if you can or get another veteran and get a youngster in the draft with legs and size! I'm preparing myself for more bad play because Joe just doesn't show or have any motivation what so ever like I see out of QBs in the playoffs! Smh still cannot believe we're not in the playoffs! Smh

You can see the fire in every Qb that made it to the playoffs.Flacco looks like hes going to a funeral .

4 hours ago, Molson Man said:

If we would have beat Pittsburgh, we would have beat the Bengals. To lose a game the way we did in Pittsburgh then have to play a game that means nothing is a hard thing to do.

Oh, come on. These are outrageously well paid professionals. Their job is to play the best they can - no matter what. Ray Lewis said that one of the most important traits of good athletes is to forget the past and future on any given gameday, and be able to only concentrate on that one game, regardless of what happened before or will happen afterwards.

If someone is paid half as much money as these guys earn, the very least thing they should guarantee is that the give their all in any game. For professional athletes like them, even trying to hide behind such an excuse is borderline insulting IMHO.

flacco is here for 3 more years before we can release him if he has not improved. unless we are going to keep 3 qb's on the roster it does not make sense to draft a qb this season. i would sign mallett and look to draft a qb next season or in 2018 that way we have them longer on their rookie contract when joe is either released or hits free agency. 2018 makes more sense. jmo

Yes ! draft a Qb in 2018 because we will pick at 6.

4 minutes ago, outkast1 said:

You can see the fire in every Qb that made it to the playoffs.Flacco looks like hes going to a funeral .

You didn't see the fire there when we made the playoffs, either... Not in 2012 either... Does it mean he was a bad QB back then?

Don't we? We have Joe Flacco and he's a quality QB right? Not elite or top 5 or arguably not even top 10 by any means, but a quality QB surely.

I say we draft a QB to work behind Joe immediately who fits the WC offense Marty is putting together. Who knows how Joe will perform moving forward? if he finishes his contract here by playing well enough, then the new guy will be ready to step in and play for us.

I'm sure some team will take a chance on Ryan and Ravens will be forced to take a QB in the draft.

5 hours ago, Molson Man said:

Most have not played in meaningful games. I played LAX at Loyola and let me tell you it affects your life when you lose like that!

2 hours ago, robbie29 said:

Don't we? We have Joe Flacco and he's a quality QB right? Not elite or top 5 or arguably not even top 10 by any means, but a quality QB surely.

There is Brady. There is Rodgers. Then there is everybody else.

If it really mattered having a quality backup then 1 we would of never signed Shaub and 2 we would of played Mallet when Joe was obviously struggling. Draft a late round rookie and save the money for trying to resign Williams.

Some other team will over pay Williams.

The makeup of this team right now is stuck in the mud of mediocrity.