Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LosT_in_TranSlatioN

The Watch Thread

7 posts in this topic

So I'm not a watch junkie by any means necessary, nor do I own any too expensive, but I am looking to add some more to my collection. My budget isn't large(so I'm not gonna buy a Rolex or anything), but I might add some to my collections that are pricey, but not lavish.

I already have a first generation Apple Watch, and won a second one in a work function which I sold(adding about $350 to my budget). So here's what I'm looking at. 

https://www.fitbit.com/charge2

As much as I love my Apple Watch, it's not a good fitness tracker. I used to own a first generation Charge HR, but that broke in the middle of a boxing workout(cause I was stupid). I think the second generation is more durable and I would wear the Apple Watch on my left hand, and the Fitbit on my right hand. It's very accurate and I'm very pro-exercise.

Side question: Is it normal to wear two watches? Not sure. 

I'm also looking to buy one of these for my Dad's birthday. He hated a normal smartwatch and loves his old watch. 

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/q-crewmaster-hybrid-black-silicone-smartwatch-sku-FTW1124P.html

Do you think he's going to like this? I don't want one for myself(the Apple Watch will suffice) but would this be good?

What watches do you all own?

29 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Side question: Is it normal to wear two watches? Not sure. 

Not really.  Pretty rare.

I'm a big fan of disposal Timex/Walmart watches so I can't help you with the rest.  I love getting a whole new watch for less than the cost of a band, though I make exceptions for my Ravens Super Bowl XXXV watch and a few other fancier ones that were gifts.

6 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Not really.  Pretty rare.

I'm a big fan of disposal Timex/Walmart watches so I can't help you with the rest.  I love getting a whole new watch for less than the cost of a band, though I make exceptions for my Ravens Super Bowl XXXV watch and a few other fancier ones that were gifts.

I was thinking about the Apple Watch on my left and Fitbit on my right. Apple Watch first gen is a terrible fitness tracker.

Im only packing an Apple Watch. I love it but want something that can help me track fitness

I am a big fan of the Pebble watches (currently Pebble Time) 

no touchscreen = longer battery life
sleep & step tracker
works with android and iOS
a lot of Pebble specific apps

unfortunately Fitbit brought the company and cancelled the production, be quick to get one  

43 minutes ago, feel_the_rush said:

sleep & step tracker

unfortunately Fitbit brought the company and cancelled the production, be quick to get one  

too bad, I liked them aswell. Won't they run a new generation of Pebble watches?

44 minutes ago, feel_the_rush said:

sleep & step tracker

Why are you thinking that Fitbit will ruin Pebble?

5 minutes ago, PaRAYdise said:

Why are you thinking that Fitbit will ruin Pebble?

They already said the will stop the production. They just bought them to eliminate a competitor.

The prices for the watches dropped because they will stop providing Software updates during the next year