• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
BR News

[News] Ronnie Stanley Can Become A 'Premier' NFL Left Tackle

97 posts in this topic

The Ravens rookie was the best left tackle in football over the final five weeks of the season, and finished the year with his best game. After a foot injury limited him early on, he steadily progressed because of his hard work, talent and smarts.

View the full article

One of the best draft picks we have had in years. Our scouting department is pretty good at evaluating offensive linemen. Way better than they are at getting wrs. If we can get another guard or center this year the line should improve a lot.

he is average at best he got flacco hurried on numerous occasions he is no Ogden he is a consistent Oher and we all know how that turned out he is solid but I wish we would have gotten hargraves CB at 6 but I don't see stanley being a franchise LT hope we finally draft a good CB this year with 1st round pick

He'll go down as one of Ozzie's premier picks along with other stalwarts Ozzie has drafted in a few years time. He'll anchor the blindside of the Ravens QB for at least 10-12 yrs more! Now if we can draft a stud interior lineman to suit up beside him whoever is the QB here in a few years time will be blessed.

he is average at best he got flacco hurried on numerous occasions he is no Ogden he is a consistent Oher and we all know how that turned out he is solid but I wish we would have gotten hargraves CB at 6 but I don't see stanley being a franchise LT hope we finally draft a good CB this year with 1st round pick

Glad Ozzie make the picks and not you!

He was a good 1st round pick, with good production and I can only imagine next year when he plays a full 16-game season.

we had no choice but to draft stanley and i liked the pick and believe he will be around for a long time. needs to improve on his run blocking and gain some more upper body strength. hope we can retain wagner but more depth is needed at LT and center must be addressed. zuttah wasnt bad but he was overpowered several times. we need to draft or sign a young matt birk

Its his Rookie season. Give the guy a break. And how can you say hes not an Ogden at this stage of his career when Ogden didn't even play LT till his 2nd year.

Ogden is once in a lifetime talent....plus the man was 6'9 350 LBs and could maul....If only Jared Gaither could play like he did....

Ronnie will be good, but never on JO's level

Yanda moves to left guard and Stanley plays great in the last 5 weeks. Coincidence?

ehh need pass rusher or upgrade our offense line more.. with better pass rushers our cb won't need cover longer then they need too

You must not be paying attention. He has some rough spots in the beginning but so does every LT. Ogden played guard his first year in the league. But in his last 6 games he had the best pass protection grade of EVERY single OT in the league. I dont thing you are as adept at accessing talent as you thought. Being number 1 in the game for the last 6 games is pretty remarkable for a rookie. And if you were wondering in those same last 6 games he finished 4th in run blocking. There is never going to be a rookie LT that is going to play like Ogden in his prime and its ridiculous to think that they should.

51 minutes ago, BiggMack91 said:

Its his Rookie season. Give the guy a break. And how can you say hes not an Ogden at this stage of his career when Ogden didn't even play LT till his 2nd year.

ogden also didn't give up a sack until his second year an that was 1 all of his second season but only gave up 26 for his hole career

51 minutes ago, BiggMack91 said:

so your happy with the bums that he picks I'm not can't wait for ozzie to be fired

41 minutes ago, Steve32 said:
  1 hour ago, BiggMack91 said:

so your happy with the bums that he picks I'm not can't wait for ozzie to be fired

Definitely man! They'll probably hire you as the new GM after that as well.

we had no choice but to draft stanley and i liked the pick and believe he will be around for a long time. needs to improve on his run blocking and gain some more upper body strength. hope we can retain wagner but more depth is needed at LT and center must be addressed. zuttah wasnt bad but he was overpowered several times. we need to draft or sign a young matt birk

Zuttah was bad, very bad. Missed blocks, penalties, hitting a player out of bounds, and not calling blocking schemes. Matt Birk used to call the plays to the line and change them if he saw something, he was the leader. We need a Big center like the Jets have or like one of the Pounceys. I'd like us to get a center who will be around more than 4 years.

42 minutes ago, Steve32 said:

You'll have to wait until he retires, he's a lifer.

15 minutes ago, sami said:

ogden also didn't give up a sack until his second year an that was 1 all of his second season but only gave up 26 for his hole career

Would of been less if Kyle Boller wasn't the quarterback for his last few years.

ehh need pass rusher or upgrade our offense line more.. with better pass rushers our cb won't need cover longer then they need too

True, it seemed like the defense line played tired the second half of the year. Jerrigan had 3 sacks after 3 games and then 2 the rest of the year.

Isn't it nice that the Ravens have so much talent to draw from in the fan base. So many good quality experts. I can not believe that John has not called these folks on our website for expert advice. If he did we might be 8-8. Just like all the other
fan bases they are all experts.

32 minutes ago, sami said:

What point are you trying to make? This doesn't help your original point at all. Yes, we know Ogden was amazing.

1 hour ago, Steve32 said:

Most of us are pretty happy with the guys Ozzie picks. We've had some great seasons. And really good guys... I mean afterall, Ozzie did pick Ogden, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, among many others like Chris McAlister, and got guys like Shannon Sharpe, Derrick Mason, Todd Heap... and the list goes on and on.... SMH... I'm just amazed at how people live their lives completely ticked off about everything and everybody now a days.

Yanda moves to left guard and Stanley plays great in the last 5 weeks. Coincidence?

He also played well in his first 4 weeks with Lewis next to him. And played poorly after not practicing because of injury.

I think if you watched some tape of just him, especially in the last several games, you wouldn't say any of this. In the "What you missed" articles they do on this site, I've seen him do some awesome things. He may not be an Ogden but he is way better than Oher, and it's not a fluke that he was the highest graded tackle in the ENTIRE LEAGUE at the end.

40 minutes ago, BiggMack91 said:

The previous poster is saying that anyone who thinks we should have taken Hargraves over Stanley would be crazy. 

Ozzie's reputation on drafting was earned over the years, but most understand (including Ozzie himself) that he has made some pretty questionable picks in recent years. Stanley would not appear to be one of them. 

52 minutes ago, jsant said:

Yes. 

53 minutes ago, jsant said:

Stanley gets hurt. Finally heals up for last 5 weeks and plays great...coincidence?

If we only had an entire O line who was as average as he is, we'd have one of the best O lines in the league.