Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,719 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

And that's where the confusion comes.  What is the plan?  Are we contending or building for the future?  The obvious choice is a little bit of both but it hasn't been that cut and dry so far.

There are options in rounds 2-4 but there are also 3-4 other positions you seemingly have to hit that you'd like to get in that range as well.

I get what you're saying but to this point, the offense as a whole has largely been ignored and it's tough to see a plan there.

I think it's putting the best possible team on the field now, without taking short cuts that would harm the long term prospects of contending over a span of time.

I dont think it has to be either/or. We added young pieces to the defense that can be here, and be leaders for a long time. Carr plugs the hole for a year but doesnt prohibit us from adding a young piece.

Were headed to the draft, i imagine, with hopes of finding either a RT, G or C that can be an immediate contributor and long term answer... and then will evaluate the scene afterwards. But, they werent going to pay for an over priced option on the OL or at WR that wont be a long term fix, or would be cost prohibitive.

So the plan is to build a dominate OL that will be the core piece of that offense that makes it go, and fill in where we cant with cheap 1 year fixes until the long term answers are in house.... and they focused/built up the defense bc they feel we can still compete now with an elite D while they take the long term approach on building the offense.

7 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Since it sounds like the team is done until the draft, I can honestly say that I'm a little confused on the direction of this team.  I know the draft is still yet to happen but I don't really see the plan here.  Are we retooling or are we going for it?

The same holes still exist as they have for years now - WR, OL, OLB, and CB.  We made an attempt at filling CB in Carr but that's clearly a 1-2 year stopgap and nothing more.

We opted to spend our money on positions that weren't really needs.  Tony Jefferson is obviously the big get.  I can't complain about this one since he's young and a clear signing for the future, but I still find it interesting how much we spent on him when we at least had a viable option already on the roster in Webb, even if it was short term.  Woodhead wasn't expensive, but still interesting that we chose to invest there when you have a bevy of RBs in the draft.  I love Williams but his re-signing still confuses me in the grand scheme of things.  I like getting him back but I still question whether it was the best use of money considering none of our holes have been filled, and you had a guy that maybe you had to rely on stepping up.

Furthermore, we've opted to keep all 87 of our tight ends for the time being.  I know we have a young group but I see no point in having both Pitta and Watson on the roster when that cap could probably be better used, but I guess there's still time for that to happen.

Overall, I guess I'm just failing to see the direction.  We invested in a few stopgaps and a few younger players, but still have the same holes.  Is that a team that can compete?

I agree there's no clear direction. Every position the FO talked about needing major upgrades hasn't received much at all, even after handing out $63mil gaurenteed! The fact that we've had the same main needs for the past 3+ years is quite concerning.

All this talk about surrounding Joe with an elite OL and great talent around him but they're doing the opposite. The offense sucked last year and has lost a lot of talent this off season. Now they have to turn to a crappy OL class, where guys are going to get overdrafted because of the league wide need for them. And I bet that yet again they're going to rely way too heavily on their own WR's developing. C, RT and WR are huge needs, but no lets spend $ on another RB even though that's the smallest need and has a stacked draft class.

Of all the franchise QB's, Flacco gets by far the least help year in and year out imo. He's only had one good, or even stable OC and he's never had a great WR corps. A shame he's going to retire without the Ravens ever even seeing his full potential.

8 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Since it sounds like the team is don until the draft, I can honestly say that I'm a little confused on the direction of this team.  I know the draft is still yet to happen but I don't really see the plan here.  Are we retooling or are we going for it?

The same holes still exist as they have for years now - WR, OL, OLB, and CB.  We made an attempt at filling CB in Carr but that's clearly a 1-2 year stopgap and nothing more.

We opted to spend our money on positions that weren't really needs.  Tony Jefferson is obviously the big get.  I can't complain about this one since he's young and a clear signing for the future, but I still find it interesting how much we spent on him when we at least had a viable option already on the roster in Webb, even if it was short term.  Woodhead wasn't expensive, but still interesting that we chose to invest there when you have a bevy of RBs in the draft.  I love Williams but his re-signing still confuses me in the grand scheme of things.  I like getting him back but I still question whether it was the best use of money considering none of our holes have been filled, and you had a guy that maybe you had to rely on stepping up.

Furthermore, we've opted to keep all 87 of our tight ends for the time being.  I know we have a young group but I see no point in having both Pitta and Watson on the roster when that cap could probably be better used, but I guess there's still time for that to happen.

Overall, I guess I'm just failing to see the direction.  We invested in a few stopgaps and a few younger players, but still have the same holes.  Is that a team that can compete?

7 hours ago, The Raven said:

And the tight end situation? I don't get it at all. Please cut the dead weight. Receiver? Please sign somebody that can run a damn in route and catch a third down ball over the middle because I don't think that person's on the roster. Oline? What are we waiting for?

I am simply amazed we got yet another starting caliber running back before addressing any other offensive need. Here's hoping to a good draft where we hit on every pick -- because that's what we need to happen if we don't make any other free agency moves.

To be honest. I'm pissed with how the offseason has gone so far. I'm tired of Ozzie and company neglecting the offensive side of the ball. I love the Jefferson move, but as said previously, there was nothing wrong with Webb. I love the Carr move. It's an easy contract to get out of and he no longer will have to go against #1 WRs. Likewise I think Pierce, Kaufausi, and Henry will get involved more and that makes the defense better as well.

but the Williams contract was freaking stupid. He's a very good player. But for that much, and we had a replacement in the wings? Go get Larry Warford for that much money and solidify the damn offensive line. 

I have 0 doubts in my mind that we are targeting a pass rusher, CB, and WR in this draft. But the oline concerns me. I think Lewis at RT makes a ton of sense. We want to get bigger and stronger across the line, that does it. It works. It's good to hear we are considering it. But then this leaves holes at LG and C, which is the most important position on the line.

Now I wouldn't object to drafting forrest lamp in the first round, he's a potential all pro at guard with a high floor. He's worth the pick. But that still leaves a hole at center.

Honestly, for as good as Ozzie has been for us, my patience has worn thin. If he's fired at the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised 

10 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

To be honest. I'm pissed with how the offseason has gone so far. I'm tired of Ozzie and company neglecting the offensive side of the ball. I love the Jefferson move, but as said previously, there was nothing wrong with Webb. I love the Carr move. It's an easy contract to get out of and he no longer will have to go against #1 WRs. Likewise I think Pierce, Kaufausi, and Henry will get involved more and that makes the defense better as well.

but the Williams contract was freaking stupid. He's a very good player. But for that much, and we had a replacement in the wings? Go get Larry Warford for that much money and solidify the damn offensive line. 

I have 0 doubts in my mind that we are targeting a pass rusher, CB, and WR in this draft. But the oline concerns me. I think Lewis at RT makes a ton of sense. We want to get bigger and stronger across the line, that does it. It works. It's good to hear we are considering it. But then this leaves holes at LG and C, which is the most important position on the line.

Now I wouldn't object to drafting forrest lamp in the first round, he's a potential all pro at guard with a high floor. He's worth the pick. But that still leaves a hole at center.

Honestly, for as good as Ozzie has been for us, my patience has worn thin. If he's fired at the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised 

How exactly does adding Warford solidify an Oline that needs probably 2 new starters?

I would also point out that it seems that the people driving the "Lewis at RT" bus is exclusively limited to just fans. Pretty obvious from everything I've heard from the FO at this point that they fully view Lewis as the starter at LG. I'm not even sure they're going to try him at RT until they decide nobody else in camp can play the position.

1 hour ago, ravefan52 said:

I agree there's no clear direction. Every position the FO talked about needing major upgrades hasn't received much at all, even after handing out $63mil gaurenteed! The fact that we've had the same main needs for the past 3+ years is quite concerning.

All this talk about surrounding Joe with an elite OL and great talent around him but they're doing the opposite. The offense sucked last year and has lost a lot of talent this off season. Now they have to turn to a crappy OL class, where guys are going to get overdrafted because of the league wide need for them. And I bet that yet again they're going to rely way too heavily on their own WR's developing. C, RT and WR are huge needs, but no lets spend $ on another RB even though that's the smallest need and has a stacked draft class.

Of all the franchise QB's, Flacco gets by far the least help year in and year out imo. He's only had one good, or even stable OC and he's never had a great WR corps. A shame he's going to retire without the Ravens ever even seeing his full potential.

I think there is where your perception of what our needs were was misguided. 

One key thing I'm seeing on this board that has recently become popular... fans aren't listening to what the FO tells them. Too many fans think the FO is being deceptive or lying to everybody. They're not.

The FO told you that they wanted to add multiple corners. They added Carr, and are fully expected to add one in the draft. They told you they wanted to get younger at Safety. Hello Tony Jefferson, goodbye Webb.

Other things they said... beef up the Offensive line. We kind of knew this wasn't something that was likely to happen in FA, because we knew we needed a Center and a RT. Neither position yielded much in FA whatsoever, and we knew that going in. Again, seems like a very strong sense of addressing this in the draft or with players already on the roster.

The only position I've seen so far where I expected the FO to address in FA and didn't was WR, and that was likely due to some of the outrageous prices of possession WRs in this class.

In terms of pass rushers, again, the FO already gave us a clue as to their stance... its not as important to them as it is to fans. They like some of the guys we have already, and they don't feel that its a drastic need. Will we still add one? Of course, because we do just about every year.

I think its key that fans invest more time in LISTENING. These issues have been addressed publicly already, and if people listened to what they told us, a lot of their priorities have been addressed or covered already, and some of them aren't in sync with what fans think the priorities are or should be.

17 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

How exactly does adding Warford solidify an Oline that needs probably 2 new starters?

I would also point out that it seems that the people driving the "Lewis at RT" bus is exclusively limited to just fans. Pretty obvious from everything I've heard from the FO at this point that they fully view Lewis as the starter at LG. I'm not even sure they're going to try him at RT until they decide nobody else in camp can play the position.

Harbaugh literally said yesterday that although the team PREFERS Lewis at LG he's also and option  at RT and C(this I would hate). I'm concerned because he didn't show promise last season at LG, which is why we might look at him for RT, which honestly I think he's better suited for. 

As for Warford he'd be an upgrade on the oline and would solidify the left side. We've already got ourselves an elite guard in Yanda, and since Lewis is a candidate for RT that would potentially give us 4 starters. 

Futhermore this is a horrible oline class that's very top heavy. I would have preferred getting a young, but proven guard than trying Lewis out at a position he didn't really perform well at last season. 

Im not worried at all about the team addressing pass rusher. It's a good edge rushing class, we might draft 2. Same with corner, but it concerns me that we didn't even try for a stop gap on the line. 

1 hour ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

All I can say is that I'm glad fans on this board don't run the team.  ^_^

1 hour ago, Tank 92 said:

All I can say is that I'm glad fans on this board don't run the team.  ^_^

Indeed. 9/10 of my suggestions would probably bomb.

though I will say. It's better than a lot of fans here ;)

ef u no wut eye meen

Edited by LosT_in_TranSlatioN

2 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Harbaugh literally said yesterday that although the team PREFERS Lewis at LG he's also and option  at RT and C(this I would hate). I'm concerned because he didn't show promise last season at LG, which is why we might look at him for RT, which honestly I think he's better suited for. 

As for Warford he'd be an upgrade on the oline and would solidify the left side. We've already got ourselves an elite guard in Yanda, and since Lewis is a candidate for RT that would potentially give us 4 starters. 

Futhermore this is a horrible oline class that's very top heavy. I would have preferred getting a young, but proven guard than trying Lewis out at a position he didn't really perform well at last season. 

Im not worried at all about the team addressing pass rusher. It's a good edge rushing class, we might draft 2. Same with corner, but it concerns me that we didn't even try for a stop gap on the line. 

I think the comment on Lewis is more or less bc they're not in a position to be picky and Lewis' versatility helps the situation. 

Were going to get the best possible OL, and then put the best 5 we have on the field. If we find a C and G - Lewis could play RT. That's all. 

And im not as worried about RT if we get a legit C. Interior OL is key to me, and I'm intrigued by the potential of Wesley. 

I also wouldn't be shocked if come July Mangold gets signed. I know some don't like that, but I think he'd be a nice 1-2 year answer while we develop or patiently wait to find the long term answer. 

Imo the weakness of this OL draft is overstated bc there aren't any obvious franchise type LT's at the top... the best OL players project best to G or RT. 

But I actually think it's pretty solid rounds 2-4 at the positions we need. 

Cam, Ram, Lamp, Feeney, Dawkins could all be trade back or 2nd round options to fill either LG or RT (Lewis at the other)....

Elflein could be a day 1 starter at C in either the 2nd or 3rd. 

And then there's a number of guys like Moton, Toth, Elumeunor, Morgan, Dielman, Bisnowaty, etc... that could play multiple positions and be available anywhere from the 3rd to the 6th to compete for a starting job. 

Weve routinely pulled guys out of the middle of drafts that come in and produce almost right away (Lewis, Yanda, KO, Wagner).

I think the goal will be to nail at least one starter this draft and if not both plug the 2nd hole with a vet cut or someone like Mangold, Dunlap, Clady, etc....

Then finalize it next year to have 4 starters on rookie deals. 

Not to mention they clearly like Urschel, Jensen, Wesley, Nembot and Skura. Don't be surprised if one of them starts and plays really well.

Also keep in mind the coaching changes made on offense with emphasis on the OL/run game. We've seen in past different coaching and suddenly someone unexpected bursts on the scene.  

3 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

well confesion is good for da sole. you did it lost you let it out you can only bury it for so long get the poison out doan let it fester the road has been downslope ever since off season afta the superbowl. the comprehensuv plan is our way out as far as branden willams go i gotta tell ya i knew there was no way we sign him he jus weren't worth it between him and jerigan they made half a ngata joe or no joe we had huge o line holes and secondery probs did we really make him the hightest paid NT in the league? still cant beleive it  smh

Edited by RayRayRaven

1 hour ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

ef u no wut eye meen

I hear ya, lol.

7 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

ef u no wut eye meen

I know exactly what you mean. It comes from passion. And yes your suggestions are a looooot better than some.

like you, I'm extreemly dissapointed that we havnt yet addressed Oline but I wouldn't go as far as "I'm sick and tired of our FO neglecting the offense." 

In fact, most of our cap the past few years has been on offense. Also our 1st rounders the past two years have been WR and LT. Keep in mind that our Marquee FA signings the past two years  have also been offense. 

Have faith bro. Over the past two years, Ozzie is doing great. Decosta is doing great. I hate to say this but the real problem was bringing in Trestman. The bigger problem was retaining his services and bringing guys to fit his system. Which really was no system. 

10 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

One key thing I'm seeing on this board that has recently become popular... fans aren't listening to what the FO tells them. Too many fans think the FO is being deceptive or lying to everybody. They're not.

The FO told you that they wanted to add multiple corners. They added Carr, and are fully expected to add one in the draft. They told you they wanted to get younger at Safety. Hello Tony Jefferson, goodbye Webb.

Other things they said... beef up the Offensive line. We kind of knew this wasn't something that was likely to happen in FA, because we knew we needed a Center and a RT. Neither position yielded much in FA whatsoever, and we knew that going in. Again, seems like a very strong sense of addressing this in the draft or with players already on the roster.

The only position I've seen so far where I expected the FO to address in FA and didn't was WR, and that was likely due to some of the outrageous prices of possession WRs in this class.

In terms of pass rushers, again, the FO already gave us a clue as to their stance... its not as important to them as it is to fans. They like some of the guys we have already, and they don't feel that its a drastic need. Will we still add one? Of course, because we do just about every year.

I think its key that fans invest more time in LISTENING. These issues have been addressed publicly already, and if people listened to what they told us, a lot of their priorities have been addressed or covered already, and some of them aren't in sync with what fans think the priorities are or should be.

Great post. I rarely agree with everything on such a long post but this indeed is one. 

B.Marshall was the only WR that made sense at his price range. I would have loved it if the Ravens traded a 7th or 6th to ensure landing him but then it became clear he wanted to stay in NY.

i was surprised when Zuttah was traded for peanuts. My only logical explanation was that our FO were signing someone with that cap space but we have yet to see that happen. 

14 hours ago, ravefan52 said:

not sur why we stil are in disbeleive. lissen close becuz this is the truth. decosta picd joe for the 2008 draff n ot all in for him cuz he was gonna trade back but joe is decostas golden egg goose. when joe played real well for the championship he was money for 4 games and credable in the yrs leadin up with a heckuva team. joe got paid but not for his body of play he got paid for them four games. he nevah playad a four game strech like that befor an he nevah playad a four game strech like that afta. but what they see at all times is that four game strech and thare golden egg goose. if you take that golden egg goose away afta all these yrs what have they got? not very much. in the game of pokar they pushd all their chips into the center and said all in on joe. they cant see his weakness and they cant see his need and they cant see thar mistak

13 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

when we think about misguides this is a good letter to print and pin up on the good oz bad oz tack board.  oz is not a offens draffer. he best with d  decosta but for one yr has not been much of an offense draffer. the comprehesuv plan cannot work wiff getting all them pics and havin the same draff pickers.

1 hour ago, RayRayRaven said:

not sur why we stil are in disbeleive. lissen close becuz this is the truth. decosta picd joe for the 2008 draff n ot all in for him cuz he was gonna trade back but joe is decostas golden egg goose. when joe played real well for the championship he was money for 4 games and credable in the yrs leadin up with a heckuva team. joe got paid but not for his body of play he got paid for them four games. he nevah playad a four game strech like that befor an he nevah playad a four game strech like that afta. but what they see at all times is that four game strech and thare golden egg goose. if you take that golden egg goose away afta all these yrs what have they got? not very much. in the game of pokar they pushd all their chips into the center and said all in on joe. they cant see his weakness and they cant see his need and they cant see thar mistak

when we think about misguides this is a good letter to print and pin up on the good oz bad oz tack board.  oz is not a offens draffer. he best with d  decosta but for one yr has not been much of an offense draffer. the comprehesuv plan cannot work wiff getting all them pics and havin the same draff pickers.

I apologize on behalf of my tax dollars that helped to fund the public education system.

14 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

1. You're pretty much the only person I know who thinks Lewis didn't show promise at LG. Frankly, when he played and actually played LG, I thought he was easily one of the better lineman on the field. He got moved around a decent amount and got injured, but was pretty clear to me that he did a better job at LG than LT. Obviously LT is a harder position to play, but I didn't like his athleticism at T at all, and I think he sticks at LG.

2. We know nothing about the draft class and how good any group of positions are in it. All this talk about strong positions and weak positions is purely based on what some mock draft analyst says... of which they whiff a TON on perceptions vs realities. There's entire websites devoted to showing how awful some of these NFL teams would be if they drafted the players that some of your more popular "analysts" thought they should have drafted.

On an annual basis, there's a position or even group of positions that's perceived as "weak", and yet, that group or position churns out several high quality NFL players.

In particular, when it comes to discussing drafting an interior lineman or even a RT, we're probably not discussing that in the first round anyway, and there isn't a person I know who's done enough research on mid-round prospects to have any vague clue as to whether they will be good players or not. 

I'm far more worried about finding a Center then I am about finding a RT. You can have a below average RT and still have a very good offensive line, because the line is five players working together, not a bunch of good individual players. Most of the good offensive lines throughout the league, save for maybe the Cowboys or Raiders, have one or two very good lineman and the rest are average to slightly above average at best.

11 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

well confesion is good for da sole. you did it lost you let it out you can only bury it for so long get the poison out doan let it fester the road has been downslope ever since off season afta the superbowl. the comprehensuv plan is our way out as far as branden willams go i gotta tell ya i knew there was no way we sign him he jus weren't worth it between him and jerigan they made half a ngata joe or no joe we had huge o line holes and secondery probs did we really make him the hightest paid NT in the league? still cant beleive it  smh

Stay in school kids, stay in school. 

1 hour ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I apologize on behalf of my tax dollars that helped to fund the public education system.

He's actually pretty clever. If you won't give him that, you will at least acknowledge his uniqueness.....

21 minutes ago, Edgar said:

He's actually pretty clever. If you won't give him that, you will at least acknowledge his uniqueness.....

I think it takes a lot of work and effort to intentionally make yourself look like you're an idiot just for the joy of thinking you're actually fooling anybody.

Six months ago he was forming coherent thoughts in actually readable sentences or phrases. 

Its trolling 101. 

32 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I think it takes a lot of work and effort to intentionally make yourself look like you're an idiot just for the joy of thinking you're actually fooling anybody.

Six months ago he was forming coherent thoughts in actually readable sentences or phrases. 

Its trolling 101. 

cant believe some havent figured this out yet.... and its not unique either -- its just a bad pft commenter impersonation.

Anyways, 100% agree with your take on the FO's plan on the offense, perceptions of the draft in terms of "strengths/weaknesses," and the emphasis on C over RT. Couldnt have said it better myself.

49 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Its trolling 101. 

"...between him and jerigan they made half a ngata......."

Equal parts Sam Clemens and Yogi Berra.

2 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

1. You're pretty much the only person I know who thinks Lewis didn't show promise at LG. Frankly, when he played and actually played LG, I thought he was easily one of the better lineman on the field. He got moved around a decent amount and got injured, but was pretty clear to me that he did a better job at LG than LT. Obviously LT is a harder position to play, but I didn't like his athleticism at T at all, and I think he sticks at LG.

2. We know nothing about the draft class and how good any group of positions are in it. All this talk about strong positions and weak positions is purely based on what some mock draft analyst says... of which they whiff a TON on perceptions vs realities. There's entire websites devoted to showing how awful some of these NFL teams would be if they drafted the players that some of your more popular "analysts" thought they should have drafted.

On an annual basis, there's a position or even group of positions that's perceived as "weak", and yet, that group or position churns out several high quality NFL players.

In particular, when it comes to discussing drafting an interior lineman or even a RT, we're probably not discussing that in the first round anyway, and there isn't a person I know who's done enough research on mid-round prospects to have any vague clue as to whether they will be good players or not. 

I'm far more worried about finding a Center then I am about finding a RT. You can have a below average RT and still have a very good offensive line, because the line is five players working together, not a bunch of good individual players. Most of the good offensive lines throughout the league, save for maybe the Cowboys or Raiders, have one or two very good lineman and the rest are average to slightly above average at best.

You made a lot of valid points. I absolutely agree that I'm more worried about C than anything else.

RT is a tough position to play obviously but one can argue it's the easiest because there's always a TE right next to you and Yanda on your left. Wagner was at his best when Gilmore lined up next to him. Just sayin ;)

I also agree that we already have a solid foundation in Lewis, Stanley, and Yanda. Most teams would love to have those 3 and fill in the gaps around them. my biggest issue is that Flacco needs an elite Oline. Over the past 9 years, his play has been up and down. He's made bad receivers look better and good receivers look bad. some good RBs underperformed and some bad RBs overachieved. It's been a mix of a million different factors and I'm not here to argue any of them. The one consistant thing that Iv seen from Flacco is that he plays better than expected with a great line and a lot worse that we bargained for when hs line is shaky.

theres absolutely no shame in admitting that our QB is  Rodgers, Brees, Brady and maybe Wilson and Luck are QBs that can put up respectable stats with patched up lines but most NFL QBs struggle. I honestly believe an Elite line is more important than an elite WR or an elite RB 

6 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

A little random... but they paid Flacco because every year in the playoffs he won a game and gave us a great chance to contend. We rarely lost in playoffs because of him. They need to get him back there with a solid OL and better targets.

5 hours ago, ravefan52 said:

A little random... but they paid Flacco because every year in the playoffs he won a game and gave us a great chance to contend. We rarely lost in playoffs because of him. They need to get him back there with a solid OL and better targets.

the yanda is comin off shulder surgary you know the  y anda cant last forevah. not sayin he wont be good this yr jus sayin what are ya gonna do when the yanda time is threw.  hear ya but wasnt jus a good oline and the boldin. we also had a runnin back and a stingy bend don't break d. we got a lot of parts that aint the sames

9 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Its trolling 101. 

i have my good days and bad days but i nevah won a spellin B and unless i type one fingar at a time i doan prove read well. still i can pic a dang good playa and we gonna have some fun wiff the draff contestant

9 hours ago, Edgar said:

nope not at all but how smarts do one hav to be to see where ones been and say where you goin?

8 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

cant believe some havent figured this out yet.... and its not unique either -- its just a bad pft commenter impersonation.

Anyways, 100% agree with your take on the FO's plan on the offense, perceptions of the draft in terms of "strengths/weaknesses," and the emphasis on C over RT. Couldnt have said it better myself.

big letter little letter what is pft? but whatevah lets have some fun wiff the draff contest. get ur list ready jus rememba if you draff best avaliable playa you just need a list of 100 best to worst. if lik me you draff by need lay out your need list 1-7 we got two in the 3rd none in the 7th si my memory. so if you pickin a RT lik me make a list of your best RT's.  then in the 2nd if ur pickin say a RB list first ur fav runnin back.  it will be easy to score and will be fun.  i am stil workin on my list but i got a CB that is gonna blow them doors off

21 hours ago, Halshayeji said:

You made a lot of valid points. I absolutely agree that I'm more worried about C than anything else.

RT is a tough position to play obviously but one can argue it's the easiest because there's always a TE right next to you and Yanda on your left. Wagner was at his best when Gilmore lined up next to him. Just sayin ;)

I also agree that we already have a solid foundation in Lewis, Stanley, and Yanda. Most teams would love to have those 3 and fill in the gaps around them. my biggest issue is that Flacco needs an elite Oline. Over the past 9 years, his play has been up and down. He's made bad receivers look better and good receivers look bad. some good RBs underperformed and some bad RBs overachieved. It's been a mix of a million different factors and I'm not here to argue any of them. The one consistant thing that Iv seen from Flacco is that he plays better than expected with a great line and a lot worse that we bargained for when hs line is shaky.

theres absolutely no shame in admitting that our QB is  Rodgers, Brees, Brady and maybe Wilson and Luck are QBs that can put up respectable stats with patched up lines but most NFL QBs struggle. I honestly believe an Elite line is more important than an elite WR or an elite RB 

I think a huge root of the problem is a lot of us, especially myself, put too much stock into how well this team would play with Flacco coming off an acl/mcl tear, your best target coming off an achilles tear, your other wide receiver coming off two acl tears, and no proven guy at running back (after cutting an injured and old Forsett).

Also two rookies on the line didn't help, the injuries didn't help but the team should have had better depth. Hindsight we should've known that with the offensive coordinator changes and everything else changing in the offense, that it would take time for the offense to click. Unfortunately by the time the offense started clicking was when the defense lost Jimmy Smith and started to slip.

The Ravens need consistency on offense. There is too many moving pieces each year that it is no wonder that the team struggles. That includes the coaching staff. Looking at the top offenses over the years, the best ones are the ones that have the same core group of people year in and out.

Timmy Jernigan traded to the Eagles in return for their 74th pick! I think this is a great move by the Ravens!!!!!!

Well, Timmy is gone, and it was a really stupid trade at that. I'd rather him just ball out this season in a contract year and have him sign elsewhere and get a 3rd round comp pick:

2 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

Timmy Jernigan traded to the Eagles in return for their 74th pick! I think this is a great move by the Ravens!!!!!!

If we didn't give up the 99th pick, I'd agree with you.  I fully hate the trade (but who am I, I guess)

1 minute ago, Purple_City39 said:

If we didn't give up the 99th pick, I'd agree with you.  I fully hate the trade (but who am I, I guess)

I wasn't aware of the swap till just now. I hate it now as well.

5 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

Well, Timmy is gone, and it was a really stupid trade at that. I'd rather him just ball out this season in a contract year and have him sign elsewhere and get a 3rd round comp pick:

Given it was a swap and not a straight up deal for their 74, I think it's pathetic as well. I would have rather had Timmy's production this year and then waited till 2019 for a nice comp pick...